Sampire

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
fluffhead321

Re: Sampire

Post by fluffhead321 »

this is why 2/6 will outperform 4/0 on a sampire anyday...It enables you to keep everything up all the time easily.

Also oddly enough I find quarter staff to do about 8-10% more damage then a katana, but it only needs 90 stam (since everyone uses ash) vs 150 on a katana (or 90 if you have 30 ssi, but thats a whole, high intensity mod you dont even need)...I also feel like maybe you're basing your infomation based on what you see in doom (people sacrificing like 8-10 mods for luck), or maybe from like 4-5 years ago?
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

staffs and the whole carp runic kits complicate things a bit. they are gonna be better. and i am kinda ignoring them for the sake of argument ;P

only need like 125 stam with katana with 10% divine fury ssi.
i have 140 from the dex for 4 second bandage, so i can take 15 stam loss before it slows my swing speed, i only have to use df on a big hit. if it's over half my hp then i'll chiv heal first tho and just take the slower swing.

this is what i mean with the scripting though, that would be a check you do; have i been hit > yes > is it necessary to chiv heal > no > then df. you'd just put a mana check after all that to see if you special move or not, put a check on it to make sure you have consecrate on as well, so you dont waste the mana if you dont.

it's not based on doom at all, it's something i've considered a lot over the years tbh. im always looking for ways to make my character better, and it's always an option. but all in all, i dont think it would be better. unless i could get the super OP gear, which i cant really, im not playing that hardcore these days, indika spent like 4 months doing nothing but runic hammers to get his axes...
and i dont wanna make my character into a bot.

i think the only case you would need fcr is if you're fighting like rend, and you need to cure and chiv heal in the same turn. otherwise i think you're just way better off sticking to 1 cast per turn so you dont risk slowing your swing

the staffs.. as i say complicate things... i dont even wanna start thinking about those lol... they change everything

Calvin is a swordsman. im not giving him a fkin stick to fight with... even a very magic stick.
Last edited by Calvin on January 20th, 2020, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

So you want to ignore the weapons 90% of sampires use?

Honestly for spawns axes only out perform blackstaff on the easiest spawns, and fall waaaaay behind on the "difficult" ones, and for single target damage a daisho outperforms qstaffs and d axes...They're like the perfect balance of reliability and damage...
Honestly for single target damage a necro samurai type will do better then a sampire though
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you can take your magic stick... and you can shove it.
:lol:

Shallan

Post by Shallan »

first of all area effect doesnt hit the mob u target isnt it ? if yes its still not the "hit"
second u cant count 0 hit as a hit in 1,25 sec.

cause if some one ask u about how many hits u made to mob from his 30% to lets say 15 % u will not count that hit.

90% of sampires use script cause its boring to hit same spells all over.
go test ur catana with balron paragon and if u reach over 200 hits let me know :) ( yeah i count double strike hit with no spell hit )

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

calvin has been trashing sampires for years and still has no idea how they work
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

just cos i dont play it and disagree that it's undoubtably the bestest thing ever, doesn't mean i dont know how they work ;)

although to be fair i dont know *exactly* how they work in practice. the concept is pretty simples really.
Last edited by Calvin on January 20th, 2020, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

you think sampires spend most of their time casting necro spells.. you have no idea
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

they spend most of their time being gay and riding unicorns
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

fact of the matter is man most of us have testd this stuff extensively, its not just theory craft like your doing.

Another couple points, all you arguements pretend like current sampire weapons dont exist (staves)...Also if you think sampires use chiv heal you are really misinformed...only sampires who dont understand the mechanics use that. Another thing, rend doesnt poison....and sampires dont use chiv cure...Sampires can completely ignore poison because we have 3 forms of healing that heal through poison, so poison might as well not exist. Do any of your healing method heal through poison ? Either way, all these things are slowing down your damage output (not to mention you're missing honor, which adds another 100% damage boost)

Last point on your FCR argument is you clearly dont understand the FUNDAMENTAL component that makes sampires strong, the ability to swing faster then 1.25 because of counter attack. Counter attack is one of our LONGEST cast cooldowns, and it can pop constantly...So if you dont have FCR, your missing consecrate weapon casts, your missing resetting counter attack, sometimes missing the chance to activate double strike in time, making it take longer for the occasional enemy of one reset.

FCR adds massively to a sampires DPS.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

im not saying you use chiv heal, im saying i do, but i have 4fc. i've not said for sampires to use chiv heal or cure. but i have said divine fury.

question of sampires and question of 4/6 casting are different questions

so you're saying it's better to build for 6fcr because it counts counterstrike as a cast? that would make sense, but then build for it and not double strike. im saying about a double strike focused sampire. tbh this is really relevant to the OP's question, so good point.

so what sampire moves use fcr?

so you're saying you want to get hit, so you counter attack and leech back the stamina and hp with counter strike?
why didn't you just say that?
well then yeah, fk special moves and get 6fcr?

is it basically one swing you use counter strike then, next swing you cant counter strike so you use double strike or lightning strike?
and he's asking which is better to use on that second hit?
whats your mana costs on things?
and what actually has a cast time?
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Ok calvin...Using counterstrike and doubl strik work at the same time...sampires build for both so its all happening at the same time...This is basic/beginner level sampire stuff man...How can you claim to know?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

sounds like a spamfest
whats the cs cooldown?

it'll still work out the same, i dont rly think i need to know the specifics, just what improves stuff and how to make the caps with artifacts.
if you're saying some things are more valuable than other things and should be prioritized more, then you may have a point, but we're trying to hit caps on everything anyway so it shouldn't matter..

just list the mods a sampire needs in order of priority then. if fcr is a priority then fair enough. we'll have to factor that in, but it doesn't invalidate everything else

ultimately all you're talking about is swapping jewels or getting inquis

the cs cooldown is important tho, cos will determine how often you get a whole extra swing.

(honestly if i dont know these things it's cos you guys are terrible at making your own case and no-one has mentioned it)

i can tell you now tho, from the pve tournaments, i get bored as shit waiting for my turn because the sampires take so long to kill things, then i kill shit in like 30 seconds or i die lol (i fk up cos im half asleep from waiting). the vast majority of sampires are rly nothing special, so all im doing is explaining the why of the facts.

<try to understand what i am saying, dont just try to figure out if i should be believed>
^that applies to everything.

im probably not 100% right, but im definitely not 100% wrong.
feel to free to point out where if you see something wrong.
you dont have to accept everything or nothing.

if we have to get inquis then we can always pull a magic stick out... im not playin it anyway ;P
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

I don’t know the exact cool down for ca off the top of my head, the difference I’ve found is being able to get 1 every two swings to getting it every single swing AND getting consecrate weapon in without slowing down at all.

Honestly I don’t really need to test this, my first sampire suit was almost identical as the one you’re suggesting, because I was concerned about getting the most mods in as possible and things like glad collar take you beyond that. I created that suit with the same theory crafting you’re doing here. It’s great idea, mathematically, but it doesn’t hold up in application. It works don’t get me wrong but you won’t be getting Sub 40 min solo bedlam’s, killing all the peerless except lady Mel with it. Not only that but all my peerless and spawns times decreased by 20% or more once I converted.

I would drop 20 damage on a jewel to keep 6 face any day, all day. Fortunately I don’t have to.

I’d challenge you in a speed kill competition if you’d like against any mobs in the game
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Crafted gorget > glad collar for sampire. Just my 2 cents
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
fluffhead321 likes this.