Sampire

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Sampire

Post by Calvin »

from what's been said, i dont even think it's about the damage... seems like it's more about the fact you can counter leech back to full every time you get hit?

so you actually kinda wanna be hit sometimes? well a lot of the time i suppose...
do you still have to drop dci though, cant you just cast something when enemy swings?

i still think you're better off playing to not get hit, using double strike as the main damage, and just using counter strike to heal...
is that what you're doing already?

so it's not main source of damage....?
i think there's too much trying to win an argument here to actually solve a problem...
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

There is no either or with CA and DS, they are used simultaneously. I can proc CA and before 1.25s go by I can swing and land a DS. DCI hurts CA because it procs off of parry, the DCI check is before the parry check so if DCI causes the miss then I never get the chance to parry. The higher fc/fcr you have the more uptime you can have on CA while also maintaining other buffs. The ability to keep CA up as often as possible will increase your damage beyond anything you could do as a "paladin"
Last edited by ortiz on January 21st, 2020, 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yeah but if there's a cooldown on it, you dont want to use it for dps, you want to use it to leech back what you've lost when you are hit, so you want it always up, so you wont want it used as soon as it's on.

i think you're wrong tbh. focusing on counter strike for damage sounds like a bad idea if the cooldown is a long time. need to know the cooldown and mana cost
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

When people are saying cooldown they mean the recovery time when casting it. It can be used as fast as you can parry and recast it.
Bama wrote:

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

this is not your first language is it...?

what you say is a bit confusing.. when you click the button, the time it takes to apply the counterstrike: is the cast time. the time before you can cast it again, is the cooldown. are you saying that when you are hit, and it triggers counterstrike, you can immediately ready it again?

that would mean it has no cooldown, and so i dont see why you would want fcr?

or do you mean it has no cast time; you just turn it on like a special move, then it activates when you are hit? but then it has a cooldown before you can cast it again?
because that would make more sense...

... does that mean i could potentially hit 12 times in 1.25 seconds? :S
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Like other spells, it has a recovery time after casting it. FCR decreases the recovery time.
Bama wrote:

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

now i get how baekjo stayed alive using a shield with bushido...
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Using a shield and 1 handed weapon with bushido has less parry chance than using a 2 handed weapon.
Bama wrote:

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i know, but only 10% less at 40 bushido..
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

bet it works for armour ignore in pvp too
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

why would you use 40 bushido?
Bama wrote:

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

for counter strike :P
so i can hit 12 times :D

i probably wont though tbh, not being hit at all is nice once it's fully stacked
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Calvin wrote: January 21st, 2020, 11:31 am yeah but if there's a cooldown on it, you dont want to use it for dps, you want to use it to leech back what you've lost when you are hit, so you want it always up, so you wont want it used as soon as it's on.

i think you're wrong tbh. focusing on counter strike for damage sounds like a bad idea if the cooldown is a long time. need to know the cooldown and mana cost
No you dont just keep it up to leech... It doesnt matter if you've taken damage, more swings is more damage. It allows you to swing off timer, as a result making it so you can, theoretically, do 33% more damage then you could with double strikes, even tho in reality is closer 15-20%.
The math is painfully simple man I dunno how you can be so reluctant to see it, we'r entering willful ignorance at this point...More swings = more damage = faster kills.
BTW its 5 mana, so at 36 lmc its about 2 mana.

I thought ortiz was very clear...Not sure what the "not your first language" shade was about.

DCI check comes before parry check, so having DCI substantially lowers your DPS becuase you're counter attacking much less.

The main concepts at play with Sampires are, taking as many damage skills as you can fit (120 tact, weapon, anat, honor etc) while also turning your defensive skills (parry) into a damage source on its own. Like I said, this is the most basic principle of a sampire, and counterstrike is what makes this possible...Do you really not see your hubris here? Saying you absolutely understand how sampires work, but really not understanding (even after a couple people explain it to you) the basic principle that makes them so effective?
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote: January 21st, 2020, 11:48 am this is not your first language is it...?
Not cool Calvin
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama wrote: January 21st, 2020, 5:34 pm
Calvin wrote: January 21st, 2020, 11:48 am this is not your first language is it...?
Not cool Calvin
hey, i'll never knock anyone for speaking more than 1 language, but the facts are the facts.
"recovery time when casting it" <-- that is vague, and im asking for specifics, it's ambiguous, it could mean like 4 different things, im not throwing shade, im pointing out that i need to know exactly what is what, and this language is not exact. it's probably better than my french though; second languages are second languages. i dont know why you're being precious about it...

so you get an extra swing, once every how many seconds? provided you are struck.
Last edited by Calvin on January 21st, 2020, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.