Petition/Poll – Demise Punishment System

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bad Religion

Re: Petition/Poll – Demise Punishment System

Post by Bad Religion »

I understand that a lot of you provide for your families with the money you make selling Ultimate Online items and you feel you must defend this source of free income, but your castles and luna plots are slowly diminishing in value because no one that "plays" here actually plays the game except a small handful. UO Demise to everyone else is having 4+ UO screens up on your monitor, and if you dont have a gm alarm, you might have to actually look every few minutes. Then, every week or two, you have to tireless press play on your other script that recalls to your house and puts your new stock on your vendor for you. Every few days you might decide to log into your pvper just to be the victim of horrible mechanics for 20 minutes before switching to a different game or server that actually takes serious interest in balancing their pvp or combat experiences. All the while monitoring your empire of bots on Ultimate Online: Demise hoping to finally craft that one bow that you think will make the difference in me killing you or not.
Loler

Post by Loler »

You know if you removed all the rules for afk farming and made it legal to do all the actions posted the people who provide for their families would be out of luck since it wouldn't just be a handful of people who have perfect automated scripts that can run 24/7 and answer gms. move out of areas when gms show up. copy text from what others are saying to get out of the jail cell. Move to the moongate and use it in the jail cell. Bypass the captcha check. All of which can be scripted.

But hey keep the current system or make it more punishing to be caught afk farming. Let the people provide for their families that have 30+ accounts afk farming. You know, like some of your guild mates.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Activities in Felucca should exceed in profit than repetetive tasks that are done by macros in Uo steam. My personal observation is spawns can be done on AFK too in Felucca, but I don't see an army of bots doing it unlike heartwood. :D

Also maybe ideas were not that bad to target Felucca with better loot :D

Edition: My personal dream is to apply Fel ruleset to other facets.
But I do not think it would be healthy for the playerbase, population would decrease, people would not use 4 accounts at the same time, other people cant catch up this way and so on.. :D
Will-twins and Mantorras like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Mantorras wrote: January 18th, 2020, 6:59 am ......... more important things.
Hmmm .......
..................................after waiting
3 years
1 month
2 days

For you to post again . You the guy that always always always uses a gif didn’t use a gif

That is sad and very depressing
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Mantorras likes this.
Mantorras

Post by Mantorras »

Bama wrote: January 18th, 2020, 1:37 pm
Hmmm .......
3 years
1 month
2 days

For you to post again . You the guy that always always always uses a gif didn’t use a gif

Bama likes this.
BooshBooshBoosh

Post by BooshBooshBoosh »

Bama wrote: January 18th, 2020, 1:37 pm
Hmmm .......
3 years
1 month
2 days

Bama, get ahold of Amish please. Your fan club has something for you.
Discord Boosh#7515
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

BooshBooshBoosh wrote: January 18th, 2020, 6:27 pm
Bama, get ahold of Amish please.

I saw the PM notification but I am at max storage

I really don't want to delete any PMs but 1

It is from Forseti

He asked me a question but I'm not going to answer it for another 2 or 3 months/years

lies.jpg
lies.jpg (56.55 KiB) Viewed 10718 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bad Religion likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Loler wrote: January 18th, 2020, 12:51 pm You know if you removed all the rules for afk farming and made it legal to do all the actions posted the people who provide for their families would be out of luck since it wouldn't just be a handful of people who have perfect automated scripts that can run 24/7 and answer gms. move out of areas when gms show up. copy text from what others are saying to get out of the jail cell. Move to the moongate and use it in the jail cell. Bypass the captcha check. All of which can be scripted.

But hey keep the current system or make it more punishing to be caught afk farming. Let the people provide for their families that have 30+ accounts afk farming. You know, like some of your guild mates.
I said either make it all legal or actually punish people tardo
Loler

Post by Loler »

I didn't say you said otherwise but I'm glad you have trouble reading.

Ive always said the server would be better off removing the afk gathering rule as a select few people with the proper scripts have a huge advantage and print billions of gold with no threat of punishment. Making it hard on new players who come here get jailed 3-4 times trying to run hw or gathering scripts which are far less profitable then things like filling bods or proxing 30+ vpn bod accounts.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Forseti and Bad Religion like this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Loler wrote: January 20th, 2020, 1:15 am I didn't say you said otherwise but I'm glad you have trouble reading.

Ive always said the server would be better off removing the afk gathering rule as a select few people with the proper scripts have a huge advantage and print billions of gold with no threat of punishment. Making it hard on new players who come here get jailed 3-4 times trying to run hw or gathering scripts which are far less profitable then things like filling bods or proxing 30+ vpn bod accounts.
I agree tardo
patla

Post by patla »

DEMISE CASTING POLL IS FAKE AND FAKE WINS
ARCHERS SO FAST DAMAGE + SWING SPEED VS MAGE ( SUCK CASTING ) FULL DCI FULL RESIS 3 HITS AND DIE
Wreakage-

Post by Wreakage- »

Wait theres a mage template I thought UO only combat skill was Archery. Hmmm
isterico

Post by isterico »

patla wrote: February 4th, 2020, 1:27 pm DEMISE CASTING POLL IS FAKE AND FAKE WINS
ARCHERS SO FAST DAMAGE + SWING SPEED VS MAGE ( SUCK CASTING ) FULL DCI FULL RESIS 3 HITS AND DIE
:lol:
if you are too drunk for heal. sure.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

anyone remember the old d & d??? anyone every read the dm guide thru and thru.... anyone remember the part about monty haul campaign section? I have and did... and demise is exactly that..with afk faming it makes no difference what you do.. the afk bots will always get the best stuff with the least amount of effort.. and no script kiddies, scrolling macro websites to find a macro that auto plays the game for you is not effort. it's pure laziness... I use macro's my self.. but am always attended...but you will find players like P end of F4RM and pallicio unattending gathering in delucia tram side...I have had others openingly admit to me in game there is no punishment for releasing tames on others or afking miasma's.. I have made quite few posts about not being a vet here and my account in not even 90 days old yet and i have list of people i have caught unattended macro'ing... it's not hard to spot them because they don't even try to hide it...I've only ever seen one gm in game... forseti..I have seen EOS on her crafter only once and that was at luna bank..my understanding from what I have been told and assumed is that the staff is severely short....meaning that they simply can not police the shard... and the captcha program is a joke...and even the dumbest of players can figure out that it is in their favor to afk gather and farm because the chances of them getting caught are less than it is to win a million dollar lottery. I mean i have laid out exactly how to catch these rule breakers and yet they still violate the rules.. even had one I confronted try and claim he did not speak english... yet caught him at the luna bank not 5 minutes later typing english just fine.

Now that I have pointed out that it is not just afking but a clear lack of any staff to enforce the rules that is the problem so lets talk about how we can get the staff to either hire new staff or step up their commitment to keep the shard legit and not be one of those shards that gets ran over by the exploiting guilds that so many of us have seen or heard about. because as i said in another post... demise is like a jail... and the inmates are running the show.. not the CO's.
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Excorsion wrote: February 5th, 2020, 12:57 am ..I have seen EOS on her crafter only once and that was at luna bank..l
You wrong. Its MB crafter not Eos char
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
Calvin likes this.