Petition/Poll – Demise Punishment System

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Petition/Poll – Demise Punishment System

Post by Calvin »

ye EoS is Mb's crafter.

dont know current punishments, cant answer poll.

but in game punishments for in game offences.
out of game punishments for out of game offences.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

how about instead of a jail, you make a mental hospital, where avatars are committed for having mental problems like being unable to talk, not sleeping, obsessive working....

of course committed people can only leave once the doctor has given them an all clear ;)

you'll have to pad the rooms, cos im pretty sure there'll be a lot of walking into walls....
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

I think they just don't care. If they cared this crap wouldn't happen

I can only put 10 bars up at a time but there are more than ten recalling in and out smelting ore
Syn_2-5_08.03.jpg
Syn_2-5_08.03.jpg (250.22 KiB) Viewed 10102 times
Syn_2-5_08.03-1.jpg
Syn_2-5_08.03-1.jpg (250.71 KiB) Viewed 10102 times
Syn_2-5_08.03-2.jpg
Syn_2-5_08.03-2.jpg (246.82 KiB) Viewed 10102 times
Syn_2-5_08.04.jpg
Syn_2-5_08.04.jpg (251.9 KiB) Viewed 10102 times

There are a couple of familiar names here is 1
Syn_2-5_08.04-1.jpg
Syn_2-5_08.04-1.jpg (248.99 KiB) Viewed 10102 times

........to be continued..........
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Eos used to be someone you could depend on
To brighten up your coldest winter day
But the one she leaned upon
Let her down, now has moved on
And morning brings another empty day
Syn_2-5_08.06.jpg
Syn_2-5_08.06.jpg (189.05 KiB) Viewed 10101 times
Syn_2-5_08.06-1.jpg
Syn_2-5_08.06-1.jpg (211.78 KiB) Viewed 10101 times
Syn_2-5_08.15.jpg
Syn_2-5_08.15.jpg (210.47 KiB) Viewed 10101 times
Syn_2-5_08.49.jpg
Syn_2-5_08.49.jpg (198.78 KiB) Viewed 10098 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Reckless speculation
Syn_2-5_09.11.jpg
Syn_2-5_09.11.jpg (249.25 KiB) Viewed 10096 times
Eos used to be a girl of simple pleasures
A breath of spring to chase your blues away
But now she bears a cross, for a love that she has lost
No sunshine in her life just clouds of gray

Band aid fix
Syn_2-5_09.20-1.jpg
Syn_2-5_09.20-1.jpg (262.69 KiB) Viewed 10096 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Silvest

Post by Silvest »

I have only been on Demise now for 3 days, mainly training Combat skills but I picked up nearly 800 bods off the ground these guys have just dumped. I had to create a crafter to store them on lol.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Good fix!!!
kentares

Post by kentares »

I caught a case of the caring too much; but in Heartwood could someone look into

While I had my fun placing candleabras; they were the ones moving them out of the way; appeared to be non-bot. Now I have a new thing to do. Or.. could we put just one or two mining patches so I could pull up some ore elementals in Heartwood?

Thank you,

kentares
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Allow pvp in heartwood and make it chance 1:300 for a hw runic. fight for your dominance.

OR

better idea, introduce a super hippy hoppy boss like a super greater dragon in fire temple that drops runic hammers and other stuff.

IDK

But it is boring, dead server on which pvpers dont policy afkers, because scripting kids sit only in trammel and log out, sleeping on money, they got no risk involved thats why the auto bots are abused..
This idea is not bad, if we consider crafting event was done many times...
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

royal kapero2 wrote: February 8th, 2020, 9:49 am Allow pvp in heartwood and make it chance 1:300 for a hw runic. fight for your dominance.

OR

better idea, introduce a super hippy hoppy boss like a super greater dragon in fire temple that drops runic hammers and other stuff.

IDK

But it is boring, dead server on which pvpers dont policy afkers, because scripting kids sit only in trammel and log out, sleeping on money, they got no risk involved thats why the auto bots are abused..
This idea is not bad, if we consider crafting event was done many times...
quit trying to bring fel ruleset to tram ruleset... there are other freeshards that have already done that.. check them out...what demise needs is active staff...there are a few players here that have already stated that they would donate time.. aka not expect pay or reward... to police the shard.
Calvin likes this.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

Will-twins wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:40 pm Remove guard from everywhere allow red everywhere
Solution?
Done.
Next?

that's not a solution...when it's half the reds on the server doing it on their blues....Good try at getting a in game punishment system lifted.. quit trying to thinly veil your desire to run around with your red in trammel.
Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

DONT EVER LISTEN TO ARDEN HES A RETARD
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Mr Nobody wrote: February 27th, 2020, 8:07 am DONT EVER LISTEN TO ARDEN HES A RETARD
*tempted to put in sig*
;P

(just for lolz, only joking arden ;) )
Mordramir

Post by Mordramir »

Is the primary offense that needs to be punished unattended resource collection?
Here's my solution: spawn mobs randomly with each attempt, similar to the Gargoyle's Pick Axe.
In addition to the random captchas and checkup visits, it can serve as an additional layer to dissuade unattended resource collection.

Mining?
1% chance to spawn an earth elemental.

Lumberjacking?
1% chance to spawn a reaper.

Fishing?
We've already got sea serpents. Why not krakens and water elementals?

Looting respawning treasure chests while hidden?
Make it easier for the mobs that respawn with the treasure chest to spot players while hidden.
I've done that personally and have been punished for it on more than one occasion.
Frankly, I was surprised to be able to do that for almost a week one time.

Heartwood quests?
That's a tough one.
Maybe pickpockets that steal recipe scrolls and talismans if someone completes 50 quests in an hour or something.
I don't know the internals of UO, but I'm guessing there's no counter that tracks number of quests completed within a period of time, otherwise it would be easy to target offenders.

BODs?
There's a small delay between turn-ins, but why not a daily limit? Like 10.

Anti-unattended collection mobs could also spawn at least once every 5 hours, or when ever a GM wants to mess with someone they suspect of unattended collection.

If there aren't enough personnel to police the shard, why not use more automated solutions?

I know the counter-argument would be: why not just not break the rules?
Because we players will always push limits and break rules if we can recover from punishment afterward.

I don't think temporary jail time, standing around after typing "I will be a law-abiding citizen from now on", is enough.
What about having convicts have to complete tasks during their jail time? Like moving objects from one container to another, over and over again; something that would take 300+ hours to complete, depending on the sentence.
-signed-
Mordramir, Hedge Wizard
Owner of Mage Manor (2725N 2759E)
kentares likes this.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

Mordramir wrote: February 28th, 2020, 5:16 am I don't think temporary jail time, standing around after typing "I will be a law-abiding citizen from now on", is enough.
What about having convicts have to complete tasks during their jail time? Like moving objects from one container to another, over and over again; something that would take 300+ hours to complete, depending on the sentence.

You are on the right track.. but honestly... I think if someone is caught unattended... they should have to pay some gold price kinda like bail in the world.

first offense....maybe 100k... and a hour for booking time aka kinda like going to jail...

second offense... 1 mil gold and 24 hour ban.... kinda like your paying fines and doing community service..

third offense... Prison time... 3 months or more ban time plus immediate loss of all gold and items.

this slap on the wrist and told to go play is like your are some liberal minded college professor who can not hack it in the real world. punishments are meant to punish not tickle.