Who's the best?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Made In Quebec

Who's the best?

Post by Made In Quebec »

Now, I'm pondering something

I'm gonna wipe my computer soon, and the chances of reinstalling UO for now I would say are rather slim.

Now, if I would ask each and everyone of you, to select one person (other than yourself) that could benefit from receiving my houses, who would it be?

8x8 Luna plot
14x14 Outside Luna West Wall
Trammel Castle
Malas 18x18 decorated by a legend of Demise, meadamaude (i think, or something like that, sorry!!)

Or

Let that stuff drop and you guys figure it out?
Last edited by Made In Quebec on January 27th, 2020, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calvin

Re: Who's the best?

Post by Calvin »

just log in once every 3 months?
you'll feel like playing again, keep your stuff there for when you do.

or at least bank/stash on a character, everything valuable
alllex likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

You missed the part where I do not feel like reinstalling the whole shazzam ;)
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Medamaude should get the castle because I bought 2 keeps by that castle because the owner of that castle is a very cool person.

I would really like to have another really cool person as a neighbor
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Give me your items.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Bad Religion likes this.
BooshBooshBoosh

Post by BooshBooshBoosh »

I'd like to nominate my friend Bob as the recipient of your castle or Luna plot.

I met Bob several months ago while farming Ltots during the last Tokuno event. I noticed he was struggling to get kills and offered to give him some advice/gear etc. That started what has become a great friendship.

Bob is an older gentleman that has played here for years having recently returned after a long stretch away. At one point, years ago he *almost* snagged a house placement in Luna but missed the opportunity and had to settle for one outside the walls. When he talks about that you can really tell that he feels like it was his opportunity to have something special. He jokes now that he'll have to "settle" for saving all of his gold to buy a castle, since houses inside Luna walls rarely come up for sale and tend to be very pricey.

As a player, Bob is super friendly and always willing to help anyone, regardless of whether or not he can "afford" to.

Personally, Bob did something that really blew me away. After finding out that my wife and I were having our first child last August, he asked if he could send us something for my son on Christmas. Unbeknownst to me, Bob is an amateur candlemaker and part time vinyl artist. He hand crafted a jarred candle and cut vinyl letters, personalizing a candle to my son and dedicating it to his first Christmas. Keep in mind that Bob and I have only known each other (and only through Demise) for less than a year.

This man is the "best" and would definitely be deserving of something as awesome as a castle or house inside Luna.
Last edited by BooshBooshBoosh on January 27th, 2020, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord Boosh#7515
medamaude likes this.
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

Just give it all to Alvin, he'll get it all eventually anyway
Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

whom tough question whos the best.i dont want it or need it so give it all to therak hes a good guy
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Reetus wrote: January 27th, 2020, 8:27 pm Just give it all to Alvin, he'll get it all eventually anyway
I'd say that's a rather valid argument :lol:
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

BooshBooshBoosh wrote: January 27th, 2020, 7:59 pm I'd like to nominate my friend Arcane#1674 (Bob) as the recipient of your castle or Luna plot.

I met Bob several months ago while farming Ltots during the last Tokuno event. I noticed he was struggling to get kills and offered to give him some advice/gear etc. That started what has become a great friendship.

Bob is an older gentleman that has played here for years having recently returned after a long stretch away. At one point, years ago he *almost* snagged a house placement in Luna but missed the opportunity and had to settle for one outside the walls. When he talks about that you can really tell that he feels like it was his opportunity to have something special. He jokes now that he'll have to "settle" for saving all of his gold to buy a castle, since houses inside Luna walls rarely come up for sale and tend to be very pricey.

As a player, Bob is super friendly and always willing to help anyone, regardless of whether or not he can "afford" to.

Personally, Bob did something that really blew me away. After finding out that my wife and I were having our first child last August, he asked if he could send us something for my son on Christmas. Unbeknownst to me, Bob is an amateur candlemaker and part time vinyl artist. He hand crafted a jarred candle and cut vinyl letters, personalizing a candle to my son and dedicating it to his first Christmas. Keep in mind that Bob and I have only known each other (and only through Demise) for less than a year.

This man is the "best" and would definitely be deserving of something as awesome as a castle or house inside Luna.
Admirable story, I've quite enjoyed the read.

Does Bob have a forum name, and would you be so kind to share a picture of the candle? ;)
BooshBooshBoosh

Post by BooshBooshBoosh »

Pm'd
Discord Boosh#7515
Will-twins

Post by Will-twins »

Donne sa a famille!!! Si ta des truc a donné je suis preneur mon gars!👌😃
Arden

Post by Arden »

Bama wrote: January 27th, 2020, 7:48 pm Medamaude should get the castle because I bought 2 keeps by that castle because the owner of that castle is a very cool person.

I would really like to have another really cool person as a neighbor
I vote for this bc bama voted for this.

Give it all to bama or Amish imo.
medamaude likes this.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

give it to medamaude IMO...
medamaude likes this.
raveX

Post by raveX »

This is ironic. I just installed UO 2 days ago after not playing in about 3-4 years. I lost all of my houses (Fel Castle, Fel Keep, Fel 18x18, Fel 15x18), most of my stuff, but luckily have enough gold in the bank to get going again. I wish I would have thought to put BRSK's, my artifacts, etc. in bank too. I did log in maybe 3-4 times over that period on an old laptop that had UO installed just so my accounts would not be deleted.

Do yourself a favor at least...be sure to have all of your arty's/valuables in your bank boxes in case you too decide to give it another go. Then...let your houses drop to the ground with whatever you don't want or play Santa and find newbies around the world and hand out the good stuff. Oh, and also jot down your account details somewhere so you don't forget.

If you never log in again, no big deal. But at least you covered yourself for an easier start if you do decide to come back.
Mister Pink likes this.