server down

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Mr Nobody

Re: server down

Post by Mr Nobody »

larson has updated staff is trying to get ahold of ryan that havent been able to reach him they cant get into the server either
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

Just a matter of time eitherway you look at it... either it comes back up or it don't...
mchlharding317

Post by mchlharding317 »

what in the actual @&%$!!!
LUDENS

Post by LUDENS »

Can we get DS shirts again or better yet DS hooded shrouds please?
Discord - Dante#3037

Covering the world in cable didn't bring an end to war and suffering, Don't act suprised when it all comes apart if you try to do it again.

KojPro YouTube

Valkyrie and Kaos91 like this.
Tagima

Post by Tagima »

i think it is an update, the best since april/2019.
mchlharding317

Post by mchlharding317 »

just hope they don't add a crapload of custom garbage. like horses that glow in the dark or tameable ettins
MasterYoda

Post by MasterYoda »

demise dead !
RIP DEMISE
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

Tagima wrote: February 21st, 2020, 1:39 pm i think it is an update, the best since april/2019.
Not a update.... they are having problems.. if you'd read larson's posts he explains they are looking into it and try to get a hold of the one that help them.
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

mchlharding317 wrote: February 21st, 2020, 2:19 pm just hope they don't add a crapload of custom garbage. like horses that glow in the dark or tameable ettins
PLEASE DI THIS TAMEABLE ETTINS FTW!!
Larson wrote: February 20th, 2020, 4:51 pm We're looking into it and will keep you updated on any progress.
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
nessa

Post by nessa »

Larson wrote: February 20th, 2020, 4:51 pm We're looking into it and will keep you updated on any progress.
hi Larson where is server?
When open again and we connect server?
mchlharding317

Post by mchlharding317 »

crap lol
Maligant

Post by Maligant »

If Demise lives on, I hope they're going to give us "I survived Demisepocalypse 2020" t-shirts.

Seriously though, the fact that the admins haven't been able to reach the owner worries me. As I understand, he hasn't been heard from in quite a while? If he's quietly given up on maintaining the shard and has let the funding run dry (or maybe he died?), I think the admins need to find a way to revive Demise without his involvement.

The game server is backed up regularly - would it be possible to create a whole new shard, say, Demise II, and apply the last server save info to the new shard so no-one loses anything? It might require players to tweak files or port settings etc, but that's trivial. Then once the admins have the shard in their own possession, they can set up a new donation store and maybe make plans for sharing ownership somehow so this doesn't happen again.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Maligant wrote: February 21st, 2020, 6:20 pm If Demise lives on, I hope they're going to give us "I survived Demisepocalypse 2020" t-shirts.

Seriously though, the fact that the admins haven't been able to reach the owner worries me. As I understand, he hasn't been heard from in quite a while? If he's quietly given up on maintaining the shard and has let the funding run dry (or maybe he died?), I think the admins need to find a way to revive Demise without his involvement.

The game server is backed up regularly - would it be possible to create a whole new shard, say, Demise II, and apply the last server save info to the new shard so no-one loses anything? It might require players to tweak files or port settings etc, but that's trivial. Then once the admins have the shard in their own possession, they can set up a new donation store and maybe make plans for sharing ownership somehow so this doesn't happen again.

Yes. It would be a bawsey move imo but yes. Should do it.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Any update?
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Maligant wrote: February 21st, 2020, 6:20 pm As I understand, he hasn't been heard from in quite a while? If he's quietly given up on maintaining the shard and has let the funding run dry (or maybe he died?), I think the admins need to find a way to revive Demise without his involvement.
Ryan is not to be reached easily, that's what I learned in the past from reading in the forums.
Also I would think that Ryan has some sort of AWS access and lets us all live on his shard for free, while he or someone else pays the bill for this AWS account. And we all know for sure that Amazon knows how to make money...
Anyway, I for one would like to pay a small monthly fee if this would mean someone else gets AWS access too and can handle this stuff, so that we do not rely on one person alone.
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Nicinha likes this.