To: Staff on Server move

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Fallen1

To: Staff on Server move

Post by Fallen1 »

EoS, Selene, Larson, Forsetti, Sameul, Asteria,

I wish to say that it is great the way you all manage to balance Life, Work, and other commitments as well as running one of the best free servers on the web. We as a community understand the great undertaking that it must be to babysit us heathens on a daily (lol), and are grateful for it. I apologize if it seems like we are pestering you, but with the recent server issues, and the possibility of having to take the reins with it, I think it would be in everyone's best interest if we could get some open dialog between us all, so if there is any way players can help staff, we can do what we can. So below I listed a few questions that I thought would be detrimental to the issue at hand. Anyone else please feel free to add to them.

- If you all decide to move the server over to a new permanent home, what is the time frame in which you think it will take?

-How much in $$$$ resources will it take monthly?

- Will we have a new donation store to help with the costs, so we do not put it all off on staff?

-If there is a question of staff having to wait to move the server due to costs, would it be feasible to upload the donation store prior to moving the server so the players who wish to, can donate to help facilitate the move in a more timely fashion?

-What other changes might be made, due to the server changing hands, and what can players do to help with this process?
Calvin

Re: To: Staff on Server move

Post by Calvin »

isterico and Matiu like this.
G b r L

Re: To: Staff on Server move

Post by G b r L »

Fallen1 wrote: February 22nd, 2020, 12:03 pm EoS, Selene, Larson, Forsetti, Sameul, Asteria,

I wish to say that it is great the way you all manage to balance Life, Work, and other commitments as well as running one of the best free servers on the web. We as a community understand the great undertaking that it must be to babysit us heathens on a daily (lol), and are grateful for it. I apologize if it seems like we are pestering you, but with the recent server issues, and the possibility of having to take the reins with it, I think it would be in everyone's best interest if we could get some open dialog between us all, so if there is any way players can help staff, we can do what we can. So below I listed a few questions that I thought would be detrimental to the issue at hand. Anyone else please feel free to add to them.

- If you all decide to move the server over to a new permanent home, what is the time frame in which you think it will take?

-How much in $$$$ resources will it take monthly?

- Will we have a new donation store to help with the costs, so we do not put it all off on staff?

-If there is a question of staff having to wait to move the server due to costs, would it be feasible to upload the donation store prior to moving the server so the players who wish to, can donate to help facilitate the move in a more timely fashion?

-What other changes might be made, due to the server changing hands, and what can players do to help with this process?
you forgot MB