Demise New Players

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Mr Straitions

Re: Demise New Players

Post by Mr Straitions »

Wipes have a track record of failure. name a server who wiped and it worked out in the long run go ahead I'll wait.

Wipes are never the answer unless it's a server going from alpha to beta or beta to release.

If you want a fresh ML server go find one. Demise should not need to restart to appease a handful of people who just want an ML server to play.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Arden wrote: March 1st, 2020, 7:22 pm
fluffhead321 wrote: February 28th, 2020, 2:54 am
You are self admittedly a huge abuser of this system in the past...you gonna trash all your suits and restart without doing any of that, or is it only OK for you to abuse the system? Sounds like you are a big part of the problem with demise. '

Just some thoughts from someone who doesnt do heartwood, and has done probably less then 20 hours of it over all.

Maybe stfu with your hypocritical high horse bullshit?

You are making my point..

I abused the broken system and a lack of staff. I want it fixed, because new players are expected to continue to abuse the system to play the game.

To answer your question, I'd support a demise wipe. I'm not afraid to pvp in a reg suit like alter is talking about in his first post. Restart the server, fix the abuse of runics and afks. Yes please.

I didnt ask that question...I asked if you'd wipe your gear, since you earned it from cheating.

I dont see any point in punishing people who didnt cheat.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

fluffhead321 wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 6:44 pm
fluffhead321 wrote: February 28th, 2020, 2:54 am
You are self admittedly a huge abuser of this system in the past...you gonna trash all your suits and restart without doing any of that, or is it only OK for you to abuse the system? Sounds like you are a big part of the problem with demise. '

Just some thoughts from someone who doesnt do heartwood, and has done probably less then 20 hours of it over all.

Maybe stfu with your hypocritical high horse bullshit?

I abused the broken system and a lack of staff. I want it fixed, because new players are expected to continue to abuse the system to play the game.

To answer your question, I'd support a demise wipe. I'm not afraid to pvp in a reg suit like alter is talking about in his first post. Restart the server, fix the abuse of runics and afks. Yes please.

I didnt ask that question...I asked if you'd wipe your gear, since you earned it from cheating.

Most the people you consider innocent are apart of the abuse as well just havent got caught or admitted it, you gonna ask them to delete their gear as well? if i had to guess maybe 25% of the shard doesnt abuse scripts to gain profit, and 25% is extremely generous number.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Vander Nars wrote: March 2nd, 2020, 10:17 pm

Most the people you consider innocent are apart of the abuse as well just havent got caught or admitted it, you gonna ask them to delete their gear as well? if i had to guess maybe 25% of the shard doesnt abuse scripts to gain profit, and 25% is extremely generous number.
I just haven't seen any of them endlessly complaining about these things
Mr Nobody likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

fluffhead321 wrote: March 3rd, 2020, 5:32 am

So you take issue with someone thats abused the system but wishes to see it fixed so the temptation is not there but do not take issue with people that just hide the fact they partake is this behavior? I cant say I understand a fool's logic.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Vander Nars wrote: March 3rd, 2020, 5:57 am
So you take issue with someone thats abused the system but wishes to see it fixed so the temptation is not there but do not take issue with people that just hide the fact they partake is this behavior? I cant say I understand a fool's logic.
I take issue with blatant hypocrisy
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

fluffhead321 wrote: March 3rd, 2020, 3:57 pm

How is anything arden said hypocrisy? He admitted to abusing the system and said he would like to see it changed so that it cant be abused, you cant really find anyone more honest than that. Most people here wont even admit to abusing this stuff and preach at the others, thats hypocrisy.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Vander Nars wrote: March 4th, 2020, 7:40 am

How is anything arden said hypocrisy? He admitted to abusing the system and said he would like to see it changed so that it cant be abused, you cant really find anyone more honest than that. Most people here wont even admit to abusing this stuff and preach at the others, thats hypocrisy.
Where exactly does alter mention cheating? He suggested you run HW while you play and explore on your other character. That’s allowed within our rule set. He appears to have a problem with people using the system at all. While he cheated it to get to the stage of the game he’s at.

Arden came into a thread, designed to advise new comers on how to get through the tedium of starting faster, o get the a part of the game a lot of people enjoy the most, with nothing but negativity. To me that is a far bigger issue then having a couple chars running hw while running around exploring.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

fluffhead321 wrote: March 4th, 2020, 3:57 pm
Vander Nars wrote: March 4th, 2020, 7:40 am

Where exactly does alter mention cheating? He suggested you run HW while you play and explore on your other character. That’s allowed within our rule set. He appears to have a problem with people using the system at all. While he cheated it to get to the stage of the game he’s at.

Arden came into a thread, designed to advise new comers on how to get through the tedium of starting faster, o get the a part of the game a lot of people enjoy the most, with nothing but negativity. To me that is a far bigger issue then having a couple chars running hw while running around exploring.
To be clear GM's have told me your not allowed to have a char afk gathering resources while playing another char, so your understanding of the rules are different than what iv been told personally by a GM. Also you ignored the whole point of my post, how is Arden a hypocrite if he is being open and honest about what he has done? Are you implying that if someone breaks a rule/law, that it is better to lie and hide the fact to appear less hypocritical than it is to be open and honest about it?
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

It is NOT illegal to play a character in combat and have the other 3 accounts doing heartwood quest or gathering resources. If it is, lock me up and throw away the key. If you can answer AFK checks then you're good to go. I suggest using two monitors.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Mr Straitions wrote: March 5th, 2020, 12:04 am It is NOT illegal to play a character in combat and have the other 3 accounts doing heartwood quest or gathering resources. If it is, lock me up and throw away the key. If you can answer AFK checks then you're good to go. I suggest using two monitors.
As I said, a gm told me otherwise. Personally I dont really care either way, just being clear that not all of the admins seem to be on the same page about whats legal and illegal. You right tho, we should lock you up and throw away the key, will make demise a better place.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Which gm told you that? As far as. I knew when I asked before it was okay to use multiple chars to gather resource or heartwood. It is illegal to run multiple sampires or even a sampire while pvping because the sampire counts as in combat.

Wasn't demise wiped a long time ago?
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Mr Nobody likes this.
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

people don't champ spawn.......people don't luck hunt (unless they can do it automated).....new people aren't pvping (because brit gate pvp is getting old). OSI dev's saw it coming and they came out with new shinny things for people to play with. ML was a fucked up era because the lootable gear was so horrid and the roi on bodding was such shit that they literally had to give people the capacity to control the items they wanted via imbueing. NO ONE wants imbueing - we just want balanced loot comparative to regulated farming/gathering (maybe make shit spawn way slower but drop way better loot) and maybe some new shinny things to play with that have NO MODS for pvm/pvp. I'ts not hard, it's quite easy....ML has ran it's course but don't advance the era, advance the content.
Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

i guess you guys havent been here long enough to know demise has had a wipe before :beathorse:
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

long enough....

like - within the past decade?