Demise New Players

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Mr Straitions

Demise New Players

Post by Mr Straitions »

A lot of people think it's too difficult to start as a new player on Demise because it's been around too long, current players are too well established, and the economy is out of order. I'm going to attempt to make a counter argument for that and hopefully at least mitigate some of those concerns for new players.

To make a "PVP Ready" character can be done cheaper and more easily than you might think.

110/115 power scrolls and +15 stat scrolls are likely readily available for free if you ask in one of the discords.

100% LRC suits for training are likely readily available for free if you ask in one of the discords.

Plain Cu's or swamp dragons are likely readily available for free if you ask in one of the discords.

A reg suit with the following items can be made cheaply as well. I'll provide an estimated value to each item:

Kasa or Talkeesh 1kk
4 mod runic gorget 2.5kk
Heart of the Lion 500k (RBC if you're feeling squirrely)
4 mod runic sleeves 2.5kk
4 mod runic gloves 2.5kk
Human Fey Legs 500k
Pads of the cu 100k
FCR 2 ring 100k
1/3 braclett 100k
Scrappers book 100k
10 LMC tailsman 100k

That comes to roughly 10kk give or take. You can contribute to a team and participate in PVP with the above suit and be very effective. I would estimate you could farm up 10kk within a few days of farming heartwood quest. BUT let's say you're slow or stupid or something and it takes you a little longer. I'd say 10kk would take 2 weeks TOPS. You'll need additional petty cash for regs, pots, apples, and other misc consumables so let's get crazy and say 2kk for a stock pile. Lastly, let's round everything up in case you run into someone trying to over charge you and say all of this costs 15kk worst case scenario.

This suit would get you to SDI cap, casting cap, resist cap, 36-40 LMC, and 35 DCI MINIMUM which is PLENTY enough mods to have fun fighting. Is it end game suit? No. Is it going to hold a candle to other suits you'll fight against? No. But it's a great start for minimal commitment.

You wont be winning any 1v1's day one in this suit, but if you're skilled, this is more than enough to be very dangerous.

Keep farming heartwood on 3 accounts while having fun on one and within a few weeks you have yourself a CC. Then a sash. Then an Orny. Then a garb. Then a fancy Ecru and you're wrecking face. So in conclusion, IT'S EASY TO START HERE. This is just my opinion though. Thoughts?
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
raveX and bandam like this.
bandam

Re: Demise New Players

Post by bandam »

good news
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

and all this is because you assume new players want to get into pvp as fast as possible.... news flash.. not everyone pvps... and the game is not a pvp game...you want pvp go play black ops or something.

Having top end runics able to be farmed easily ruins the economy.... and a worthless economy is bad... not good.
Alvin likes this.
raveX

Post by raveX »

Excorsion wrote: February 27th, 2020, 5:13 pm and all this is because you assume new players want to get into pvp as fast as possible.... news flash.. not everyone pvps... and the game is not a pvp game...you want pvp go play black ops or something.

Having top end runics able to be farmed easily ruins the economy.... and a worthless economy is bad... not good.
So the same suit does just fine at killing monsters too, and your whole "go play black Ops" statement is just ridiculous, as if PvP between all games is the same experience. And UO is not a PvP game? Lol...maybe you are being sarcastic or commenting on the state of PvP... but you can't be that ignorant to say there is no PvP in UO? It was basically the FIRST PvP MMO game EVER.

And to play Devil's advocate, what is wrong with the economy? Money is too easy to come by? Sounds like that is what you are saying, but prices adjust and go higher to compensate. I certainly have not read every post on the subject, but what I most often see is people saying "economy sucks" but that is it, no further explanation. Is the argument that everyone is/can be completely self-sufficient? Seems to be a lot of buying/selling happening.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Excorsion wrote: February 27th, 2020, 5:13 pm and all this is because you assume new players want to get into pvp as fast as possible.... news flash.. not everyone pvps... and the game is not a pvp game...you want pvp go play black ops or something.

okay fine. i recognize my original post was intended for pvpers. my bad. I'll do the same thing for PVM mages.

Kasa 1kk
Pendant 300k
Runic LRC tunic 4 mod 2.5kk
Midnight bracers 2kk
4 mod runic gloves 2.5kk
4 mod runic legs 2.5kk
ring 100k
1/3 braclett 100k
Scrappers book 100k
Red tailsman 50k
1/2 casting chaos shield 300k

Roughly the same price. I would argue these pieces are MORE readily available. If you want to add taming I'm sure someone will help you tame a Gdragon or Cu.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Arden

Post by Arden »

Mr Straitions wrote: February 27th, 2020, 3:31 pmKeep farming heartwood on 3 accounts

This is the problem with demise
Made In Quebec and Bama like this.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Arden wrote: February 28th, 2020, 12:02 am
Mr Straitions wrote: February 27th, 2020, 3:31 pmKeep farming heartwood on 3 accounts

This is the problem with demise
Arden wrote: January 15th, 2020, 7:02 am
Mind you every account was treated separately:
I will define an “offense” as a failed afk check by staff.
1st offense – warning
2nd offense – 6 hour suspend
3rd offense – 24 hour suspend
4th offense – 72 hour suspend
5th offense – 7 day (it seems) suspend – with every single HW item (runics and wood) deleted from my drop house (even items in boxes not hear my drop off point)
6th offense – 14 day ( I think) suspend
7th offense – 30 day (I think) suspend
8th offense – 60 day suspend and a warning from staff that I will lose my house next time – I assume that means the 9th was a 90 day suspend
9th offense – guessing here – 90 day suspend
10th offense - ????

You are self admittedly a huge abuser of this system in the past...you gonna trash all your suits and restart without doing any of that, or is it only OK for you to abuse the system? Sounds like you are a big part of the problem with demise. '

Just some thoughts from someone who doesnt do heartwood, and has done probably less then 20 hours of it over all.

Maybe stfu with your hypocritical high horse bullshit?
ortiz and Mr Nobody like this.
Mordramir

Post by Mordramir »

raveX wrote: February 27th, 2020, 7:46 pm And UO is not a PvP game? Lol...maybe you are being sarcastic or commenting on the state of PvP... but you can't be that ignorant to say there is no PvP in UO? It was basically the FIRST PvP MMO game EVER.
I think his point was PvP wasn't the only reason people play this ancient janky-ass game.

:beathorse:
-signed-
Mordramir, Hedge Wizard
Owner of Mage Manor (2725N 2759E)
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

I am the best kids, I am a new player every 3 months.
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

royal kapero2 wrote: February 29th, 2020, 2:46 am I am the best kids, I am a new player every 3 months.
'Kapero u tit' .... don't listen to him no else does
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Loler

Post by Loler »

I farmed heartwood my first few months on the server and also ran a sampire gold farming. I never farmed either unattended and was never punished for afk farming. I was checked at both dozens of times and always complied with the gms demands.

The problem isn't so much people running macros to farm items it's certain people being able to run their 4-40 accounts at a time 24/7 without having to respond to gms because their scripts do that for them.

Yea eventually the gm catches them and jails them for a few hours or deletes their items but they just press play again and collect as much money as they can. Who cares if the gms ban the accounts they are using proxies to bypass so when their accounts get banned they just make more and press play.

Now you have people like arden who ran their scripts afk got caught and punished so they aren't making money like Jim Tom running 40 accounts 24/7 and that's when people have problems buying perfect items and then arties/perfect items become 500kk for a single item.

Now for what exorism was saying. If you aren't playing the game to compete in pvp then it doesn't matter how much items cost or anything you can just play the game at your own pace. If you aren't challenging people in PvP there's no need to rush to get the top end items. You have no competition and i can literally farm 300k an hour on a nekkid sampire with only 115 skils and a soul seeker. If you want to farm your own runics you can sit there manually turning in bods or heart wood quests. Once again you aren't competing with other people you are just playing the game.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

news flash when this game was released you couldnt walk out of town without running into pvp.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Vander Nars wrote: March 1st, 2020, 10:13 am

news flash when this game was released you couldnt walk out of town without running into pvp.
Handsome vander speaking truth once again
Vander Nars likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

fluffhead321 wrote: February 28th, 2020, 2:54 am
You are self admittedly a huge abuser of this system in the past...you gonna trash all your suits and restart without doing any of that, or is it only OK for you to abuse the system? Sounds like you are a big part of the problem with demise. '

Just some thoughts from someone who doesnt do heartwood, and has done probably less then 20 hours of it over all.

Maybe stfu with your hypocritical high horse bullshit?

You are making my point..

I abused the broken system and a lack of staff. I want it fixed, because new players are expected to continue to abuse the system to play the game.

To answer your question, I'd support a demise wipe. I'm not afraid to pvp in a reg suit like alter is talking about in his first post. Restart the server, fix the abuse of runics and afks. Yes please.