How to resurrect Demise

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
tank

How to resurrect Demise

Post by tank »

1) Remove BODs and Heartwood
2) Add vendors where u can buy all types of runics for gold only
3) Remove UOsteam and EasyUO
4) Repair Luck mechanics
5) Finish fix casting
6) Remove Cu sidhes, nightmares etc without animal timing
7) Fix poisoning
8) add 'Remove counter' timer for all trash items that people can loot and storage in theirs houses
... you can add your opinions here
scatman and fluffhead321 like this.
fluffhead321

Re: How to resurrect Demise

Post by fluffhead321 »

I like it, a lot. Think we’d attract as many people as we’ll lose? I’d like to think so. I also think a loop bump combined with an longer respawn Timer. On mobs. This way it would end static farming for the people who found a way around these. Assistant changes
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

An Corp?
medamaude likes this.
medamaude

Post by medamaude »

Universal translator like this or similar:
https://www.servuo.com/archive/universa ... uilds.744/
We have players from all over the globe and I think anything that makes communication easier will help the overall atmosphere and culture of the shard. Fewer misunderstandings, more ways to give someone a friendly greeting or ask for/offer help.
Frasier likes this.
Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

loot bump
The Llama Vortex

Post by The Llama Vortex »

I think that what really attracts people is content, as long as it is well made.

I'll list some of the major problems in my humble opinion:

Problem: lack of objectives to pursue in felluca. Champs are just not enough to attract people anymore.

Solution: a revamped faction system, more interesting dungeons (better monsters, better rewards, better dungeon system: high level monster only spawn when previous dungeon levels are cleared), felluca treasure chests with improved loot (chance of runic kits, new titles, colors, deco)

Problem: Demise rewards mechanical behavior. Monster spawns and AI are just too predictable: you can get filthy rich just farming mobs in a single tile. Runic kits are obtained not by playing the game but by making a ton of characters and running a macro.

Solution: Make human behavior more rewarded than mechanical behavior. Improve AI, make new monsters, make monsters spawn more randomly both in location and in timing. Make ways of obtaining runic kits that are not tied to mechanical behavior: treasure chests, high end felluca mobs, faction rewards.

Problem: PvP mechanics have improved (IMO) but there are some major changes left. Without them, things are imbalanced. Dexers hit way too often compared to OSI, HML still broken, mounting a pet that is in combat still possible (making mounting cu sidhes a viable choice)

Solution: correct hit chance formula to match OSI's. Correct HML formula. Make mounting a pet that is in combat impossible (as reported in bug section).

Problem: Demise's entrance barrier is too high. I know that the game is not only PvP, but this is the main motivation behind the farming. Making an archer, for instance, requires high end gear that is just oo difficult to obtain. The only new pvpers I saw coming to scene only made it to felluca by either receiving a lot of ready to fight gear from veterans or by going after that same mechanical behavior in order to obtain them.

Solution: Make arties more easy to obtain, Produce events that require more than double clicking a target with tons of HP and that are viable for new players to participate.
Dwn Wth Vwls and raveX like this.
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

tank wrote: March 3rd, 2020, 5:30 pm 1) Remove BODs and Heartwood
4) Repair Luck mechanics
5) Finish fix casting
7) Fix poisoning
8) add 'Remove counter' timer for all trash items that people can loot and storage in theirs houses
1) Remove BODs and Heartwood - No
2) Add vendors where u can buy all types of runics for gold only - Yes
b) Vendors should always have items for sale rather than a few with scripts able to gobble them up.
c) Have vendors sell different kinds of ingots/leather/etc (maybe for a steeper price then the going rate off players)

3) Remove UOsteam and EasyUO - No
4) Repair Luck mechanics - Yes
5) Finish fix casting -Yes
6) Remove Cu sidhes, nightmares etc without animal timing - Yes
7) Fix poisoning - Yes
8) add 'Remove counter' timer for all trash items that people can loot and storage in theirs houses - Don't care

9)Legalize resource gathering. (not people scripting afk killing monsters)
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

tank wrote: March 3rd, 2020, 5:30 pm 1) Remove BODs and Heartwood
4) Repair Luck mechanics
5) Finish fix casting
7) Fix poisoning
Better remove razor then as well.. since you can do with razor basically anything you could do with uosteam.
BTW instilling a vendor that sells runics on a shard that is full of gold is pointless.. that is only making the rich richer and the poor quitters.

Many of the problem on demise can be fixed with the staff either policing the shard more and or hiring more staff to help police the shard.. my biggest complaint is that... My first account is just 3 months old.. and my number one complaint.. if you get griefed in trammel like a certain toon named malachi releasing pets on people and not getting punished because he does it when he knows no staff is online. so paging does no good...for example... my sister was at a idoc... was holding close to 60k boards.. malachi knew it so he released a greater dragon on her to make her drop the boards... we paged a gm and was immediately number one in the qued... for 4 hours...and gave up... then the other day.. My wife is lumberjacking on moonglow... sure she was scripting it.. but it was attended.. and one of her runes happen to be by malachi's house...and guess what he did? released a rune beetle on my wife who then told me and i went and rezzed her and paged and yep another four hours and no staff....if the staff is not actively policing the shard then there is no punishment for the rules and that is the same as letting inmates run the prison...Might as well have no rules and let chaos reign surpreme.

Now there might be a rule about naming names.. but honestly I don't care... I will name the rule breakers every single time because if some of us are trying to follow the rules then there needs to be punishments for breaking the rules.
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

You can't resurrect Demise.

If you like to play solo or with your family, the best thing you can do is to set up your own server, which is very easy bwt.

Edit:
And I don't blame staff, all my kove to them <3
Players just play how they play. Simple.
Last edited by Frasier on March 4th, 2020, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

I'd also love some new content. Only so many times you can do the same thing and still enjoy it
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Will-twins wrote: February 17th, 2020, 10:34 pm This is demise deal with it or go play osi
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Mr Nobody likes this.
The Llama Vortex

Post by The Llama Vortex »

Picture of people dealing with Demise.
bandam

Post by bandam »

Hey hello, it's like a joke but it is not. I think reseting the server would make most people to leave but would also make the remaining players very alive.
bandam

Post by bandam »

I'm kind of new player and I feel like I'm playing alone. My game mates are greed and nostalgia
Jose Figueiredo

Post by Jose Figueiredo »

If you accept suggestions, I would like to ask you to reactivate the donate reward, so that new players could purchase some items and sell them in game to the "richest" in the shard. As a new player, I come to say that if it is not the help of veterans I would not be able to play, the market is very inflated and all items, even simple ones, have a divine price. The market is simply a reflection of the players' thinking. There are trade monopolies, only a certain niche of people can get Inquisitor's for example, making the item very expensive. I never did the quest and I don't know how difficult it is, but when I came up with the idea of ​​using an Inq and I asked my friends how to get / buy the same they said to me: "Just so-and-so", this is just an example, excluding bots Doom Gauntlet and the like. I believe that this takes away the incentive for you to seek resources, since you are in the hands of only one person to get the desired item, discouraged the market and weakens the shard, items should be traded more freely, every day a new exchange, I need to dedicating several days of accumulation and requesting favors to purchase an item that you would like, I also believe that you should improve drops and loots, fix luck and value human pvms as stated in the first post, this would stimulate shard more. My humble opinion, thank you, sorry for the English - Google Translate.
Discord: José Figueiredo#2396

Selling List:

viewtopic.php?f=8&p=137947#p137947

Buying List:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30356