DEMISE MISSION STATEMENT FOR THE NEW SERVER???

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
kentares

Re: DEMISE MISSION STATEMENT FOR THE NEW SERVER???

Post by kentares »

Bama wrote: March 15th, 2020, 1:47 am
Excorsion wrote: March 13th, 2020, 7:22 pm
...My wife was attended lumberjacking with a script... and a certain player seen her by his house on moonglow trammel.. and decided to release a rune beetle on her.. to which she died being a mule char and not a combat toon...
Like I tell the players that run to me and cuss me out because they died to an elemental I mined up.........how do you die to something like that if you are attended?

You can be mounted while you harvest lumber and whether or not you are a combat toon you can out run a monster/creature/released pet while mounted

Put magery on your wife's toon instead of chivalry
Go into protection
The next time it happens (and it will)
Run to the person who released the pet
Cast Inviz and let them deal with it

You posting here will not accomplish much
Even posting in an Admin's event did nothing
https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 68#p137468
Bama likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

as far as i know, the no releasing and no luring on people rule is for people that are idling in houses, or in towns. like one time i got killed on luna outer steps by a released dragon, not lootable, so everything i had in my pack just decayed (probably nothing). but it's a very spiteful thing to do.
luna outer ring is not in the guard zone, and people often afk there looking at vendors and stuff.
even in guard zone, if there is no NPC around to yell guards, they wont come.

it's not for killing unattended resource gatherers, or people macro farming a spawn

there is a grey area which could do with some clarification though. like what about idoc camping?
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

Calvin wrote: March 15th, 2020, 5:48 am
Centurion wrote: March 4th, 2020, 8:14 pm Same idiots posting in every post with some random crap when really its about 'ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME' .... jog on u fool

Its sad u have to comment on everything to try and draw attention to yourself ... are u so lonely???

Trying to have a discussion about what can be done to improve the server but every time someone starts a thread all the idiots (GM Fan Club or just plain old 'The GM's' hidden accounts) come out with that bull crap about how hard it is for the GM's ... if it so hard hand the reins over and quit complaining.

download the server, make what you want yourself, send the files to them.
:coffee:

put your money where your mouth is.
hit me up if you find a way to download their server :)
Discord: Maloskies#2094
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Maloskies wrote: March 15th, 2020, 9:18 pm
Calvin wrote: March 15th, 2020, 5:48 am
Centurion wrote: March 4th, 2020, 8:14 pm Same idiots posting in every post with some random crap when really its about 'ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME' .... jog on u fool

Its sad u have to comment on everything to try and draw attention to yourself ... are u so lonely???

Trying to have a discussion about what can be done to improve the server but every time someone starts a thread all the idiots (GM Fan Club or just plain old 'The GM's' hidden accounts) come out with that bull crap about how hard it is for the GM's ... if it so hard hand the reins over and quit complaining.

download the server, make what you want yourself, send the files to them.
:coffee:

put your money where your mouth is.
hit me up if you find a way to download their server :)
*types RunUO in google*
https://www.runuo.net/downloads/

there ya go. just upload the edited files, they can look them over, and if it's good and works, they can copy it into their files.

it's not rocket science. it's just time consuming and a pain in the ass if you dont feel like doing it. but if you are motivated to do it, then do it.

you dont need a copy of the demise server to make edited content, you just need a copy of runUO

(they will read through your code, so dont bother trying to make backdoors and crap)

it's all open source.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Calvin wrote: March 16th, 2020, 2:17 am it's all open source.
This is no longer true. The actual demise code could have things in it that break when your code is inserted. The site listed .net is owned by (uoevolution?) someone else. That code is probably at least 4 years old if not 7 years.

Have a great day.

PS @op I gave all my junk away, but am interested in the future of a past love.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

still be able to retrofit it in.

the bulk of it will be the same.. i guess anyway, doubt they have completely overhauled how it all works even if there are a couple of conflicts with other things. they would just have to find the conflicts and fix them, but that's a lot easier than writing the whole thing.

... as long as your code is readable, if it's not it wouldn't get put in anyway. you should be commenting what the different parts do, and using standard naming conventions. that's standard for any code that is going to be passed between multiple people. as long as they can read it, they'll be able to fix it to fit in.

how do the map files work? i would hope there are different ones for different facets?
i've not checked it out tbh, because i've not tried editing UO specifically.. but it should all be modular in some sense, because that's how you update games, i imagine you could build a map and just send them the map file, then they could wire it up to a gate or something

as i say i've not looked into it specifically, but it's standard practice for all games.

if you git gud, you could apply to be gm.

.. i should probably do that tbh.. i dont want to ruin the game for myself by mixing business and pleasure, but i dont play much anymore anyway, so not sure it would really make a difference...

i might make a map... level design was more my forte..
i built our university in left for dead. nothing better than running around the uni with a shotgun for stress relief :lol:
kobra

Post by kobra »

old casting would be nice :D
for the rest I am happy and could stay as it is