Best PVM Pet on this server?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Best PVM Pet on this server?

Post by Calvin »

Amish Hammer wrote: April 24th, 2020, 1:31 am The hell hound build is ALOT of fun, alot of people forget that pack instinct is a thing sadly. It is pretty easy to set up the template, the suit isnt super intense to make, and it doesnt just have to be hell hounds. If you wanted to be more mobile, you could do a pack of frenzied ostards. I havent tested it out, but it would pretty much be the same as the hell hounds, they just wouldnt be doing fire damage and shooting random fireballs.
how many hell hounds can you get and still get a tank pet as well?

like could you do 4 hounds with pack instinct for damage, and a hiryu to tank for them?

or some other super tanky pet that doesn't have any damage, but only costs 1 or 2 control slots?
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Calvin wrote: April 24th, 2020, 10:24 am how many hell hounds can you get and still get a tank pet as well?

like could you do 4 hounds with pack instinct for damage, and a hiryu to tank for them?

or some other super tanky pet that doesn't have any damage, but only costs 1 or 2 control slots?
I would be possible, but its better to just have the 5 hell hounds. they would each get the 100% damage boost, you would just need a good healing macro and the right suit. The big downside to the template are mobs that use aoe attacks. The dark father really fucks them up and you just cant keep up with the healing, but you can easily solo the rest of doom. A tanky pet would honestly just be a waste of a spot for the template. The goal is to discord something then shredd it instantly, for most mobs it is super easy that you dont even need a tank. It all depends if you can get the discord off and then you just gotta keep them alive. it literally only takes me like 3 seconds to kill a shadow wyrm . I honestly am not sure if there are many templates that can out damage them, maybe someone with like a max damage yumi build or that one template that tanya used with the bladed staff. Animal wise though, it is clearly the most dps you can get, you just lose the tankiness that everyone likes so much.
Discord: Amish#1299
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

tbh i was thinking to stop the hounds dying, because i only really see them in gauntlet, and they do die a bit.
but as you say it's probably the aoe and reflect

you made me curious ;)
that's 1 hit

afk gold farmer there if anyone wants to go check him...

we'll have to have race :D
to be fair i did miss the first swing though >.<
if i didn't miss it would been almost dead before the guys dragon even walked over 8-)

everyone thinks my damage sux cos i dont use honour... but it really doesn't. stuff is dead too fast to bother with all that..
normal monsters anyway.. on bosses honour is good.
it's looking like 3 swings unless i get lucky on the lightnings, so if the first swing doesn't have a timer, then 1.25 for the next two swings.
should be dead in 2.5 seconds.
shadow wryms are pretty squishy though, they do a lot of damage, but they have some low resists and not much hp.. very nice monster to farm actually, they were my bard's bread and butter. nice gold, nice items, plus scales and leather. that location is great too, just the two of them spawning, no trash to clear.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Hell Hound Theory Crafting:
You might be able to swing a rune beetle or WW as a tank, but you would lose so much damage that I'm not sure if 1 bake is better than 2 hounds.
At two slots, you have nightmares, bakes, unicorn, Kirin, Drake's(?), and fire steeds. I'm not really sure the stats on fire steeds but I have seen people use them without a lot of effort and they get pack instinct.
At three slots, you have rune beetles, white Wyrms, dragons, and lesser Hiryu's.
So in theory crafting with hounds, using a 2 slot pet, maybe use the fire steed, but is 3 hounds instinct + steed greater than just 2 steeds? Using 3slots, I would definitely use a rune beetle, because they are great tanks and have great abilities: corruption and poison. The corruption lowers resistances like Disco does without the stat lowering effect. I have to go back to the question though, is 2 hounds better than 1 bake?

Ostards: I actually ran a pack of these for a bit. Their main drawback is that the main use of pack instinct mobs is for gauntlet. If I remember correctly, there are 2 rooms where ostards are doing between 1-8 damage. Whereas hounds only have one room where they do 1-8 damage without Disco. Now if I were thinking of pairing with a tank, I would definitely be looking at a lesser. I think they have the physical debuff like the regular Hiryu. If they don't, rune beetle because of the corruption, but same question: does 3 ostards + 1 steed = more DMG than 2 steeds and does 2 ostards + 1 rune = more DMG than rune beetle + bake\nightmare?

IMO, if you're going to use pack instinct, use the max i.e. 5 hounds, 5 ostards, or 2 steeds. Personal preference is hounds > ostards > steeds. Situations vary though and for farming there probably isn't a right answer.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin and Amish Hammer like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

can anyone give me an idea of what are good stats plz?

i think this is the best one i've found so far:

fresh tamed of course..
not been doing it long, but im just wondering what is good. for cu as well :)
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

High hits, resists, and wrestling are a good place to start. You would have to compare to uoguide for ideas on how high resists can be. The wrestling is low though, for sure.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

is the max they can train up to related to the current when you tame them?
or do they all max out the same after training?

a nice person sent me this:

Greater Dragon ***** (5 Stars)
HP: 900 up
int: 304 up
77/81/50/54/68

Greater Dragon **** (4 Stars)
HP: 800
Int: 288
72/75/47/50/62

i got 1 better than Butch:

but i think im gettin the idea of what to look for.
just not sure what to do with all the weak ones i tame.. its easy with a warrior ya know, i just batter it with Calvin then tame it while it's running away... i know im not technically supposed to use 2 accounts on the same monster, but they're not running on script or anything
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

Calvin wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 10:01 am can anyone give me an idea of what are good stats plz?

i think this is the best one i've found so far:

fresh tamed of course..
not been doing it long, but im just wondering what is good. for cu as well :)
here, decent HP, resist and skill wrest above 120, not best but definitly good one for use

max HP 1000

max resist 85/90/60/60/75

wrest... i think i see even with 140+
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

so do the skills max out at like 30 more than they are when you tame it? or can they all just train up to 120 in all skills?

i dont think im that far off with this one..
Last edited by Calvin on May 3rd, 2020, 4:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin
I’m not sure how greater dragons work on Demise
These things were introduced wrong when they first added them but on OSI

Taming reduces all stats by 50%, All skills except magery drop by 28%. These can be re-trained to 90% of the pre-tame level.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"Taming reduces all stats by 50%, All skills except magery drop by 28%."

well i have 72.5 meditation... and martins has 100...
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

all skills under 100 are caped 100, i mean if real cap 90 so capped 100

let say anatomy 0 can train to 100, medit is same

wrestling skill [weapon defens] defense is caped 120, dont sure about this but it have be like this, i think xD 120+ dont make diference [for me my pet is all time ALL STAY command :D:D:D:D MEET SHIELD]

here have be cushidne with all capped 100 skills, and hiryu aswell [later patch was hiryu skills caped at 110 and 120 wrest, but it was propably at imbuing and gargoidle patch, but i would like see this, beasue it can balance pets xD or maybe it was just other shard balance, dont sure]

about my dragon, i dont sure skills are maxed, you know xD my dragon was used 5000 time DEAD HELL for train his DEX 125 xD all skills was ZERO and magery and EI propably dont even maxed on caps
Calvin likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 4:12 pm "Taming reduces all stats by 50%, All skills except magery drop by 28%."

well i have 72.5 meditation... and martins has 100...
Yours will max at 100
MMMartin’s is at cap
They don’t spawn with100+ med Or Anat
They spawn with zero but I think Eos once told me that though we can’t see it when we lore them they have 10 or something like that in med and anat

MMMartin
You are sort of correct about the Hiryu
They added them in wrong on Demise and changed them years later

When they first added greater dragons their HP never dropped by 50%
We all ran around with 1900+ HP greaters for a few weeks
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

so does it matter mine has 124 magery? will that go up to 150? :P
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 5:11 pm so does it matter mine has 124 magery? will that go up to 150? :P
On OSI magery is capped at what it is when tamed. I don’t know how they work on Demise.

Before they changed pets on OSI
Cu
600 is the max HP
They don’t have med either

On Demise
Rune Beetles at 1 time could not regain the 0.1 poisoning they would lose upon every death
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈