Best PVM Pet on this server?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Best PVM Pet on this server?

Post by Calvin »

they let me back in the leading house on stronghold anyway :P
im #6 on the server (about 5k people). but i had a bit of a disagreement with the leader about his dodgy orders lol... so not been playing it much since i got kicked out :lol:
but back in now... world is secured anyway, just waiting for the prizes.

CUB was good timing tbh... letting things settle was probably the best thing. woulda ended up starting armageddon otherwise lol.. definitely wouldn't have won, but man i could do so much damage :P

still would be a shame to not get the prizes after like a year long strategy game. it's been nice getting back into uo some.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

the laziest way to train ;P
takes a while, but he's been logged in there all day lol

dont even need to run a macro. as i say it's mainly a test, see when it maxes out, how long it takes...

sorry for having a go at you ST, but why you gotta be like that...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

..... ya know if i ran a discord macro, that would train everything other than resist with no set up and no resource cost... and resist only takes a min.. but yeah, shadow ele will win. why is it immune tho..?

.. i've not actually tried it yet :lol:

it would fuck up actually... cos the dragon defends itself vs hostile acts if it's on guard mode...
nvm anyway

lower skills with discord for gains of a lower skill level.
use shadow ele as dummy cos it's immune.
i get it.

i just dont have discord.
yet.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Best PVM Pet on this server?

----------

Greater Dragon

---------

their final skills are 90% of their untamed skills
stats, hp, and mana are halved, and stay at that.
resists and magery stay the same.
dex, meditation, and anatomy are always trainable to 125, 100, 100.
max resists are 90/90/60/60/80, max hp is 1000, max str is 750? max int is 350?
max skills are 130.

you can tell how trained a dragon is from it's anatomy skill, and it's dex.
but the skills train at a different rate - wrestling if quick, then tactics, then eval int, then resist spells and dex take ages to train.
most for sale dragons will still be training anatomy when you buy them, but if anat is maxed then wrestle, tactics, and eval probably are as well. then you have to guess the resist max from the dex.

so im looking for a dragon with 2000hp, 1400str, 700 int, 90/90/60/60/80, and 144 skills

----------

lower skills with discord for gains of a lower skill level.
use shadow ele as training dummy cos it's immune to pet damage.
clumsy spam with a guilded mage in a 2/6 suit to level resist spells.

tl:dr version.
job done.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote: May 8th, 2020, 8:59 pm the laziest way to train

El'Ka'Bong_5-8_17.39.jpg
El'Ka'Bong_5-8_17.39.jpg (279.11 KiB) Viewed 5513 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

see by tellin me to get one you make me wanna not get one :P
this is the aesop fable thing haha
Bama likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

7th... look what you have done with ya cub and days of not playing.... nice to be back in the boss house tho.

should i take over serbia and send a proclamation that everyone should play demise? :P
... best wait for things to be more settled, current king wouldn't be happy :lol:

(tho really he wouldn't mind, im like his right hand man.... dunno why he's not faction leader. #3 guy, #2 is faction leader, but he's a fkin farmer.)
(i tell ya, if killer woulda joined me, we'd have taken the whole house down..)
(thomas would flip... majche would be 50/50.. anyway... different game)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

lmfao, and you guys think i dont pvp ;P

just not this game :)

maybe ahmez.. maybe....
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Calvin wrote: May 8th, 2020, 9:41 pm Best PVM Pet on this server?

----------

Greater Dragon
That's your opinion. A vast majority of the server says it's a cu. I and a few others say it depends on the situation.

Bama you're totally right:
Calvin wrote: April 21st, 2020, 12:55 pmwill be a bit of a shame if the answer is just "greater dragon"
When no one else said that.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama wrote: April 21st, 2020, 9:30 pm It's Calvin's fault
He gets high (but doesn't share) and writes long posts
I enjoy reading them because he picks one side and then chooses the other side and writes about that
Many others don't like his posts
They just don't understand Calvin

leads to a balanced point of view.

i can be an idealist and a pragmatist at the same time... it shouldn't be like that. but it is. i suppose that's a realist...
i have always said this, and people that have read my previous posts know already - the game should be about choice, not problem solving. if there is an obvious best, then it's badly balanced. the fact its problem solving makes it bad game, and the easier/more obvious the solution the worse that is.

i am right tho. i mean look at what i've tamed. all greater dragons. why? well is there any point taming anything else?
but how much game content am i ignoring... how many tamable pets are there? 20? 30? why bother? i only need 1. that's right, but it's also.. wrong.

i like problem solving as much as the next guy, but imagine the problem x20, and with another dimension to it. where every pet is worth gettin the best spawns, and you can use combinations of them for different effect. that's how you make a good game. cos then you give the player the creative freedom as well as everything else.
kentares

Post by kentares »

Calvin wrote: May 8th, 2020, 3:21 pm "Shadow Iron Elementals
Some Elementals are strangely immune to spells and pets. This can make them aggravating when encountered in the wild by a tamer, but very, very useful for the purpose of training - an unkillable target with reasonable combat skills means you can train your pets into the higher skill levels with no interruptions.

Shadow Iron Elementals are the best examples for this technique. They're roughly on par with the average freshly tamed "high level" pet, without any nasty tricks (such as the Valorite Elemental's area attack).

While they can be found in the wild, it is typically far less trouble to have one spawned for you by a Miner. If you intend to fill that role yourself, you'll need 70 points of skill (with or without item bonuses), a Gargoyle's Pickaxe, and a Prospector's Tool.

Find a cliff face near where you wish to train, and travel around using the Tool on the mountain. Remember an ore vein comprises of an 8x8 area, only use the Tool in each vein once. This upgrades the ore type by one. Keep going until you're informed that the vein was changed to Dull Copper.

Once you get this message, grab the Pickaxe and start swinging at that spot. If you're lucky, an elemental will spawn right next to you; don't worry, although it's hostile it moves very slowly and has no ranged attacks. Lead it away to where you wish to train, set your pet(s) on it, and provide heals as required.

An average elemental will have about 60 Wrestling/Tactics. Your pets need to be within about 20 skill points of these levels in order to get gains. As the battle progresses the elemental will improve as well, so a single target can potentially take your pets all the way to GM. Although unkillable, elementals will de-spawn after a few hours - be aware that the next elemental you summon might be too weak to train them further, but if you can rig the timing to your advantage elementals can still be used to achieve GM skill levels.

This technique can be used to train multiple pets at once. Since only one of your charges will be attacked by the elemental, it becomes possible to easily train weak pets. Simply make sure your strongest is set to Active prior to giving the "all kill" order."

http://www.uoguide.com/Pet_Training#Sha ... Elementals

you coulda just said they're immune to pets :P

.... you guys know that demise doesn't really have a lot in the way of skill checks for gains.. like in terms of difficulty... there are some, but on a lot of skills you can just use the skill at any level, that classes as a check, and the check can gain. the reason clumsy works for example is just because it's doing the most number of checks possible, in the shortest space of time. im not sure if you even need the character casting clumsy to have eval int tbh, maybe. but you can GM things like anatomy, evel int, animal lore, etc, just by using the skill on any mobile
Bama likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

As a guy that actually lost his cu due being an idiot and letting it go wild, therefore having to use his a silver dragon almost everywhere, I can definitely tell you I would have loved to have my cu back in a lot of the situations. Why do think a sampire is preferred over a traditional whammy? It's all about mobility. The dps of a whammy is actually better due to getting a special every swing, but mobility is preferred.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

anywhere else to get cu's from?
i hate the bloody dryads and the calming stuff
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

okay shadow elementals are pretty good :lol:

left it attacking one, no macro running. no discord. ele did about 15% hp damage to the dragon but never went over that really.

shame about his poison resist

i think he's still a little bit short of max training, but anat to GM is awesome. wrestle is max, and i think eval, but tactics still has a few points to go.
still dat poison resist.
i know the really good ones exist, i've seen one.

-edit-
this is high defence dragon, weaker dragons may need some healing, at least while skills are low at the start. from about 10-20 mins in it'll be fine

seems good to 130 wrestle and eval, gm anat. this ele is 100 tactcs, and this dragon is 125 max, so will see if it can gain past 20 more tactics.
dragon hp stays around here without any healing:
(oh wait this dragon is 125 eval int, 120.something tactcs.. well we will test that on the next one. works for eval, wrestle and anat, and at least to 122 tactics - no discord or healing required, disco will speed it up, but might need healing)

should have them all pretty much trained by the end of the day other than anat to gm, will post a selling thread later and link it so people can see the sort of stats on an S rank, S+, and what an S++ would be.
if i see that guy again i'll ask him to get his dragon out and take a couple of screenshots.
(every time i try to remember his name, i just think of "Darko Noodle" off game of thrones, cos it's hilarious that that is Grey Worm's name in valerian)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

for the record, the shadow ele can kill a dragon.
but only if the dragon is weak.

i was training up a 130 wrestle one cos it had 900hp and 700+ str, but it was down on about 60 physical resist. wasn't enough.

just thought the difference was remarkable ;)

no big deal, was only taming it cos it was the best of about 4 hours spawns. it was never really good enough anyway.
... was kinda wanting to see it's damage with 120/120 bless on top of the 700str, but nvm. it woulda taken as much extra damage as it did anyway. was only 110 tactics.

still not got one better than Kratos, i think he genuinely is a 10kk dragon. he might even be a 50kk, and the one i saw priceless if i cant spawn one after like 20+ hours of grind. i think Darko Noodle possibly has the best dragon on the server.

if it takes like 20 hours of grind to get a Kratos, and Darko Noodle's dragon is a class above - i need to spawn like 10 Kratos dragons to get 1 Darko Noodle Dragon... and 10x 900hp 80/80 resist dragons to spawn 1 Kratos... i really hope it's 10:1, and not 100:1.... kind of... do like the challenge too.

i've maybe spawned 1 other that is on par with Kratos - not on resists, but Samson has sick str and skills.