Archer builds for PvM

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
PatrickNapoleao

Archer builds for PvM

Post by PatrickNapoleao »

Hi, everyone!
I'm new to this server and forum.
I've decided to create an archer's build to do PvM because I really didn't like the Sampire playstyle.
Now I'm trying to figure out what would be the best archer's build to use in PvM.
I've read this article: https://prawntail.com/the-ultimate-abc- ... ma-online/
But it seems to be outdated so I'm not sure if it's a good source.
Altought, I have been reading some things about archery in Stratics and UO Guide and I saw some intrigating things about this build:
First: Stratics said that "Parry, or any Bushido spell requiring parry, does not work with archery"
Second: On the Chivalry's page on UO Guide, when I was reading the effect of the chivalry spells, I saw that the Consacrate Weapon spell and the Enemy of One only works with melee weapon. So it's useless for Archery aswell.
Is that correct?

If that's true? The ABC Archer is still a good template to build? If not, what would be the best template for a PvM Archer?
I mean, some friend told me it was a Archer-Tamer, but everyone says the best build for tamer is Necro-Mage-Tamer or Bard-Tamer.
So I was thinking to use the archer with another build, without taming. Since I'm already building a Necro-Mage-Tamer too.
Do you guys have any thoughts or suggetions to share?
MMMartin

Re: Archer builds for PvM

Post by MMMartin »

frst, i think dont work parry with archery, but properity DCI work, moster and player will more miss
second, Cons wea and EoO work [ EoO only PVM not work PVP]

here some opinion
https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 10&t=27472

this is my recoment
Archery 120(100+hh) tactic 100 necro 99 chiv 65 bushido 62.5
taming 105 lore 105 vet 83.5 [keep ring with vet bonus for ress cu when die]
PatrickNapoleao

MMMartin wrote: April 25th, 2020, 9:07 pm frst, i think dont work parry with archery, but properity DCI work, moster and player will more miss
second, Cons wea and EoO work [ EoO only PVM not work PVP]

here some opinion
https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... 10&t=27472

this is my recoment
Archery 120(100+hh) tactic 100 necro 99 chiv 65 bushido 62.5
taming 105 lore 105 vet 83.5 [keep ring with vet bonus for ress cu when die]
Thank's for your help, but I think you didn't understand me. I don't want to build a Archer-Tamer.
I'm already building a Necro-Mage-Tamer and I don't want to have two tamers.
So, I want to use another build with archer, but I really don't know what's the best build.
I'm looking for suggestions.
And you said that parry doesn't work with archery but the property DCI work. What that means?
Bushido will give DCI to my character?
And are you sure that consacrate weapon and Enemy of One work in PvM?
Have you tested it?
Discord: Patrick#5288
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

And are you sure that consacrate weapon and Enemy of One work in PvM?

yes, all players use it, consacrate weapon work nether pvp and pvm make you attack on weakest resist [in pvp most players have all resist 70 so you dont see diferent, but it work]

Enemy of One work only in PVM, it make you hit moster like truck xD 20% more damage compare without it

DCI - defens chance insect, properity what you can find on items, CAP 45 [it not efect, not skill, and nothing else, just properity item]

bushido - it have only few good thing for archer, parrying skills dont work on archery so dont even mention this on archer... i dont know archers fight close mosters for parry they hits, you need running and hitting LOL, if parry just make sampire warior

for archery bushido give honor bonus active, aswell special attack opened and spell healing [confidence] during running, too dont forget moment strike DOUBLE HIT with archery work like charm xD

uf, best archer pvm skills are:
archery 120,
tactick 120,
anatomy 120,
bushido 100,
chiv 71, [65 is minimum and is need, more is just for chance EoO, 65 enoug, up to you]
necro 99 [wamp form, wraith form, curse weapon]
spirit speak 90, here is questen, do i need curse weapon ??? or better RESIST spell ??? up to you.

i use spirit speak, it suit with me better xD

stats 105/125/25 [i pick human so need some little int add, with elf you can 120 STR xD]
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I loved my archer tamer. You technically don't have to waste skills on taming in certain situations, so you can wind up with a pet tank with a abc template. Even if you aren't going to run taming I would still bond a cu and ride it. It may be more effective to stand behind it while attacking your target than running around.

There are actually some situations where a archer tamer is the best template. Shimmering Effusion and Grizzle for example.

ABC is definitely the most popular. Arch Bush Chiv Healing. You can always use curse weapon with joat if you need it.

Depending on what you are using the character for, you might think about wraith form for awesome Mana leeching. My thoughts are if AIing use wraith. If double shotting you have to be mounted. So just consider what you are fighting. Does it have high resists that consecrate is going to be almost ineffective? You want to be AIing, double shotting, or lightning striking (preferably not ls). So therefore, only use composites and Yumi's. Sell or trash all others.

As Martin said, parrying doesn't work for archery and would kinda be pointless. It's a ranged class and shouldn't be attempting to parry anything.

Enemy of One gives a 100% DI bonus to the first type of mob you hit after successfully casting. I.e. you hit a succubus after casting EoO, all non-named succubi take 100% extra DMG from you for the duration of the spell. Archery and Melee.

Depending on what you are fighting, I would invest a minimum of 50 Bushido for perfection.

As Martin said you can use vamp form instead of healing, but then you won't be in wraith. So just remember that for different situations. Curse weapon is the best healing if you are hitting for 50+ which you should be. 100% though 120 tact 120 arch >=65 Chiv. 50+ Bush depending on what you are fighting. Anatomy is high priority. So depending on what other skills you take: taming, healing, necro, bard skills, etc you want to remember to save room for anatomy. It's not 100% required, but on this dps class you want more dmg!

Don't sleep on the archer bard either.

Just remember whatever you do with your template, situations vary and therefore your template and\or strategy may need tweaked. You can do almost anything with builds on uo. That's the beauty of the game. People are trying new things daily.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
PatrickNapoleao

The Silvertiger wrote: April 26th, 2020, 8:57 am I loved my archer tamer. You technically don't have to waste skills on taming in certain situations, so you can wind up with a pet tank with a abc template. Even if you aren't going to run taming I would still bond a cu and ride it. It may be more effective to stand behind it while attacking your target than running around.

There are actually some situations where a archer tamer is the best template. Shimmering Effusion and Grizzle for example.

ABC is definitely the most popular. Arch Bush Chiv Healing. You can always use curse weapon with joat if you need it.

Depending on what you are using the character for, you might think about wraith form for awesome Mana leeching. My thoughts are if AIing use wraith. If double shotting you have to be mounted. So just consider what you are fighting. Does it have high resists that consecrate is going to be almost ineffective? You want to be AIing, double shotting, or lightning striking (preferably not ls). So therefore, only use composites and Yumi's. Sell or trash all others.

As Martin said, parrying doesn't work for archery and would kinda be pointless. It's a ranged class and shouldn't be attempting to parry anything.

Enemy of One gives a 100% DI bonus to the first type of mob you hit after successfully casting. I.e. you hit a succubus after casting EoO, all non-named succubi take 100% extra DMG from you for the duration of the spell. Archery and Melee.

Depending on what you are fighting, I would invest a minimum of 50 Bushido for perfection.

As Martin said you can use vamp form instead of healing, but then you won't be in wraith. So just remember that for different situations. Curse weapon is the best healing if you are hitting for 50+ which you should be. 100% though 120 tact 120 arch >=65 Chiv. 50+ Bush depending on what you are fighting. Anatomy is high priority. So depending on what other skills you take: taming, healing, necro, bard skills, etc you want to remember to save room for anatomy. It's not 100% required, but on this dps class you want more dmg!

Don't sleep on the archer bard either.

Just remember whatever you do with your template, situations vary and therefore your template and\or strategy may need tweaked. You can do almost anything with builds on uo. That's the beauty of the game. People are trying new things daily.

Well... It's good to know that Consacrate Weapon and Enemy of One works with archery ( This website need to fix this information), now I see why ABC is so powerful.
I already have a Necro-Mage-Tamer, so I'm not willing to use pets to tank on this archer's build, but I hadn't thought about Necromancy.
Do you guys really think it's useful? I mean... It would be like a Sampire with Archery. Shouldn't be the case to just change to Sampire at once?
I have intentions to create a Sampire in the future but someone told that it's a very expensive build. I would need a lot of items.
Beside that, I'm a archer's build fan, that's the reason I decided to create this character.
Right now, I'm running:

- 100 Anatomy
- 110 Tactics
- 110 Archery
- 110 Chivalry
- 110 Bushido
- 110 Healing
- 50 Resisting Spells

It's my first character, alongside with the Necro-Mage-Tamer, and just finished all the macros for him. I started less than a week ago and all PS that I manage to get was only 110.
Everybody says that you don't need more than 50 bushido and more than 65 chivalry, but everytime and everywhere I read the description of the chivalry and bushido spells usually it says that higher is the skill level, higher is the effectiveness of the spell. Why I wouldn't have it higher, then?
50 Bushido won't give less damage than 110 bushido when I use the spells?
65 Chivalry won't give less damage than 110 chivalry when I use the spells?

And I don't mind about keep running around, I mean it's an Archer, it suppose to run a lot. When I'm feeling that I want to stand behind my pet while attacking the target I'll play with my Necro-Mage-Tamer. I want this Archer to be a more simple and active character. I want more action and maximize the damage with bow. Most of the time I'll use it to play with some friends that are Tamers. They can tank for me.
I just want it to be the ultimate DPS, you know? A pure damage machine.
Am I doing this correct?
Thank's for all your thoughts so far, it have been really helpful!
BooshBooshBoosh

Post by BooshBooshBoosh »

You don't need healing if you have Chivalry. Just use Chiv to heal. Necromancy let's you have more mana leech when you want it and a good amount of self healing though vampiric embrace when the situation calls for it.

TLDR; swap your healing for 100 necro, take the extra 10 points from healing and use them to bump archery/tactics to 115.
Discord Boosh#7515
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

my skills above are ULTIMATE DPS ARCHER, you cant make more with build, only items can make it better, few typs for archer [and not only archer xD]

frst: chivalry spell EoO efect is not improve with skill, only chance casting it, 1% skill give 2% sucesfull casting [example, my 71 skill - 45 skill need spell it is 26 and double it 52% make it work xD] more chiv dont give big diference DPS 65 enought it xD

second: honor most DPS for pvm, only one player can get it on moster!!!
http://www.uoguide.com/Honor [add 25DPS and all moster ignore] Rewards

three: bushido efect [honor and Reduced Special Move Mana Cost], [120 archery + human = max reducent mana], [elf archery 120 + 80 bushido will reduce some mana]
http://www.uoguide.com/Bushido [Perfection]
http://www.uoguide.com/Perfection

four: necro + Spirit Speak [heal, unlimited mana]
http://www.uoguide.com/Wraith_Form

infinite IGNORE AMOR
the ability to leech mana from the targets mana pool. (If the targets mana pool is empty then you leech nothing.) The amount leeched is based upon your Spirit Speak skill and the damage you do to the target by weapon or spell. Formula is Spirit Speak / 5:
At 0 Sprit Speak 8% of your damage is leeched as Mana
at 100 Spirit Speak it's 20%
at 120 Spirit Speak it's 24%

curse weapon
Caster's Spirit Speak x 10 / 34 + 1 in seconds (1s at 0 SS, 30s at 100 SS, 36s at 120 SS)
[uf i get 10 hp, what to do, one hit 200damage and WTF i m maxed my HP XD]

during boss fight in event where is 200 players, you wanna infinite mana xD
during fight moster spawn in big area, wamp form for running

last typ FIVE: quiver, here is ML art quiver with reduce 50% weight, buy 10 of them in inventar it make you have 2x more arrows xD

AND YEAAAAAA, you get it right Archer is ranged sampire xD
chage weapon change some skills like decrease some up resist spell or a little anatomy taktcik for parring and you are warior
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

The only thing I have in counter to Martin is the double shot. So here's what happened: my friend bought or made a demon Slayer composite with HML and SSI 30+. I took it for a spin. It was pretty cool. I also around the same time bought a HML SSI Yumi. I found that on demons, specifically dark father's, I did more damage with double shot with a non-slayer Yumi than I did with ai with the demon Slayer comp. That's why I talk about double shot so much. It was consistent across all the rooms. Where AI shines the most, imo, is room 3, but with consecrate you will still see similar numbers. I would advise AI there, though.

That is why I say low or no necro and possibly no spirit speak. If I run human, I get 100% life leech for 6 seconds with curse weapon. That duration can be increased by adding more spirit speak, but it's not necessary. I can go into wraith form using scrolls at human joat or I can run 30-40 necro for more consistent casts like EoO. Vamp is not necessary if you have curse weapon, or healing, since you're not tanking. Spirit speak is not necessary at all.

A great warrior of melee or range doesn't rely on just one weapon. Best of luck to you in your endeavors.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
PatrickNapoleao

The Silvertiger wrote: April 29th, 2020, 12:40 am The only thing I have in counter to Martin is the double shot. So here's what happened: my friend bought or made a demon Slayer composite with HML and SSI 30+. I took it for a spin. It was pretty cool. I also around the same time bought a HML SSI Yumi. I found that on demons, specifically dark father's, I did more damage with double shot with a non-slayer Yumi than I did with ai with the demon Slayer comp. That's why I talk about double shot so much. It was consistent across all the rooms. Where AI shines the most, imo, is room 3, but with consecrate you will still see similar numbers. I would advise AI there, though.

That is why I say low or no necro and possibly no spirit speak. If I run human, I get 100% life leech for 6 seconds with curse weapon. That duration can be increased by adding more spirit speak, but it's not necessary. I can go into wraith form using scrolls at human joat or I can run 30-40 necro for more consistent casts like EoO. Vamp is not necessary if you have curse weapon, or healing, since you're not tanking. Spirit speak is not necessary at all.

A great warrior of melee or range doesn't rely on just one weapon. Best of luck to you in your endeavors.
What's your build, then?
You said you don't use Spirit Speak, neither Necro.
Are you using the same build as I am?
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

The Silvertiger wrote: April 29th, 2020, 12:40 am The only thing I have in counter to Martin is the double shot. So here's what happened: my friend bought or made a demon Slayer composite with HML and SSI 30+. I took it for a spin. It was pretty cool. I also around the same time bought a HML SSI Yumi. I found that on demons, specifically dark father's, I did more damage with double shot with a non-slayer Yumi than I did with ai with the demon Slayer comp. That's why I talk about double shot so much. It was consistent across all the rooms. Where AI shines the most, imo, is room 3, but with consecrate you will still see similar numbers. I would advise AI there, though.

well, i cant say nothing about yumi, i have basic ssi 40 and hml 48 with 40di +some other props, but never get chance use it, use sometime but too low for speak about it, teoretic it is better on DF propably xD
PatrickNapoleao

MMMartin wrote: April 28th, 2020, 8:59 am my skills above are ULTIMATE DPS ARCHER, you cant make more with build, only items can make it better, few typs for archer [and not only archer xD]

frst: chivalry spell EoO efect is not improve with skill, only chance casting it, 1% skill give 2% sucesfull casting [example, my 71 skill - 45 skill need spell it is 26 and double it 52% make it work xD] more chiv dont give big diference DPS 65 enought it xD

second: honor most DPS for pvm, only one player can get it on moster!!!
http://www.uoguide.com/Honor [add 25DPS and all moster ignore] Rewards

three: bushido efect [honor and Reduced Special Move Mana Cost], [120 archery + human = max reducent mana], [elf archery 120 + 80 bushido will reduce some mana]
http://www.uoguide.com/Bushido [Perfection]
http://www.uoguide.com/Perfection

four: necro + Spirit Speak [heal, unlimited mana]
http://www.uoguide.com/Wraith_Form

infinite IGNORE AMOR
the ability to leech mana from the targets mana pool. (If the targets mana pool is empty then you leech nothing.) The amount leeched is based upon your Spirit Speak skill and the damage you do to the target by weapon or spell. Formula is Spirit Speak / 5:
At 0 Sprit Speak 8% of your damage is leeched as Mana
at 100 Spirit Speak it's 20%
at 120 Spirit Speak it's 24%

curse weapon
Caster's Spirit Speak x 10 / 34 + 1 in seconds (1s at 0 SS, 30s at 100 SS, 36s at 120 SS)
[uf i get 10 hp, what to do, one hit 200damage and WTF i m maxed my HP XD]

during boss fight in event where is 200 players, you wanna infinite mana xD
during fight moster spawn in big area, wamp form for running

last typ FIVE: quiver, here is ML art quiver with reduce 50% weight, buy 10 of them in inventar it make you have 2x more arrows xD

AND YEAAAAAA, you get it right Archer is ranged sampire xD
chage weapon change some skills like decrease some up resist spell or a little anatomy taktcik for parring and you are warior
I've decided to use the build you told me. I'm almost reaching 100 necromancy, then I decided to read more about this mix of skills (Bushido, Chivalry and Necromancy) and I realized one thing: Almost all Chivalry's spells rely on karma to raise it's bonus but Necromancy's spells (almost always) make us lose karma when we cast it.
How do you manage to keep high karma casting Necromancy's spells?
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

karma only decrease duration spells chivalry, but efect is maxed, [at last dmg spell, cons weap, EoO and divine fury]

EoO maxed karma 4 min, min karma 2min, easy recasting it
cons weapon, [wraith form = ignore amor, dont need this spell] wampire casting only 1x spell for all running [if you dont die xD] karma dont will lose

curse weapon = safety spell, use only when need, but archer mostly stay back, it rarery use, it safety

you mostly have enough karma and rare lose it very speed with archer
PatrickNapoleao

MMMartin wrote: May 2nd, 2020, 7:56 am karma only decrease duration spells chivalry, but efect is maxed, [at last dmg spell, cons weap, EoO and divine fury]

EoO maxed karma 4 min, min karma 2min, easy recasting it
cons weapon, [wraith form = ignore amor, dont need this spell] wampire casting only 1x spell for all running [if you dont die xD] karma dont will lose

curse weapon = safety spell, use only when need, but archer mostly stay back, it rarery use, it safety

you mostly have enough karma and rare lose it very speed with archer
I see.. Very well, then. Let's try this build. After finish the macro I'll try to make the quests for Honor.
Another thing I was wondering is: Why did you prefer to set 100 for bushido and 90 for Spirit Speak?
Wasn't better to have 100 Spirit Speak to raise your bonus for Necro's spells?
I mean, at 90 bushido you already have the max bonus it can give you, right?
Last edited by PatrickNapoleao on May 3rd, 2020, 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

bushido is only for honor perfection, here is formula how to make best skills

1000 [luck get] / [how much hitting wanna 20-9] = bushido skill you need for it

if you get like 50 bushido you get 5di per hit, 80 is like 8di per hit 120 is like 12di per hit

here nice note is MISS ATTACK = decrease -20DI and 200luck

50 [need 20 hitting for bonus 100DI and 1000luck]
52.7 [19hits]
55.6 [18hits]
62.5 [16hits] [1000/16 = 62.5 :D]
80 [13hits] [here is nice note special skills decrease mana, 120weapon skill + 80bushido = 200, only elf ]
100 [10hits]
111.2 [9hits] [this dont sure, but 120 skill give aswell 9 hits never try actual 111.2 but with formula it say like it]

you can choise with this value 50, 62.5, 80, 100, if you choise 50 and you miss attack evry 4 hits, you actualy get zero bonus for DI xD, but if choise 111.2 and use yumi double strike you get 4-5 hits maximalize damage with bonus perfection system