is there some way i can get another house?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: is there some way i can get another house?

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: April 27th, 2020, 8:31 pm Like irl you change your deco with the season,
Unless you live near the M F’er who keeps the Christmas lights up all year

The sonofaB....
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
kentares likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bama wrote: April 27th, 2020, 9:03 pm Unless you live near the M F’er who keeps the Christmas lights up all year

The sonofaB....
You might be a redneck if...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
kentares and Bama like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote: April 27th, 2020, 8:31 pm You're just going to have to figure it out. There's really no point in you having 5 houses. Perhaps the answer is less is more. You don't have to display all the hammers just one of each. On the themed deco maybe you need to buy a high traffic house and just change the theme every so often. That's one thing I never understood about uo players. Like irl you change your deco with the season, but on uo you just keep adding to your deco like a hoarder and have basically the same thing for 10 years.
if i wanted to build stuff, just to let it fall then build other stuff, i wouldn't have bothered keeping my accounts alive. :roll:

... only thing that has really sold on vendors is top deco that is under priced... everyone is in the same boat, no-one needs anything. saying people should just throw all their stuff in the bin so they need things again is retarded.

you just made the whole game feel like a massive waste of time.

people dont even buy the under priced deco to place, they buy it to sell and make a profit.

fk it im just gonna pack up and check back at halloween.

people wonder why im hardly in game anymore, cos there's nothing for me to do!

seems like a pretty clear solution to just put extra house slot token on donation store.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Maybe try decorating a castle? Those have like twice as much storage as 18x18?

Turn in all that stuff to get a heritage token and get some curtains instead of just another quiver, I have never seen anyone on demise with curtains before.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bug wrote: April 28th, 2020, 5:25 am Maybe try decorating a castle? Those have like twice as much storage as 18x18?

Turn in all that stuff to get a heritage token and get some curtains instead of just another quiver, I have never seen anyone on demise with curtains before.
... you've not visited my house have you?

my castle is fully decorated with my 3 other plots placed around it. one is a garden that is purely item deco, one is a teleporter hub to get to other players houses, and the third is a custom house. i dont really want to knock any of them down. what would be the point? to build another one that i would then have to knock down later?

i cant remove any of these either because they're all effectively the same house, just the castle has land, that's how i see it. but it means i cant even try to get a tokuno or luna plot.

i cashed in 3 or 4 heritage tokens for deco the time before last. i've had curtains, music box, and trees for like 4 or 5 years.

this was a silly time to have CUB tbh.. i still have 3 tokens from the last one. only had enough trash to get 1 this time (about 2.5mil tokens total)

server really needs some new population to benefit from this stuff, cos people like me really aren't benefiting from it at all. new population will provide gameplay for older players anyway, so it kinda works out i guess. but only if people actually join and play.

otherwise i literally have nowhere to put the things i find, so i have to sell them, and i cant get decent prices for anything because no-one else has anywhere to put things either!

i would rather keep the stuff than sell it for gambling gold which i will lose anyway. but it's just sitting boxes, there's no point.

if i cashed more tokens and stuff for deco, all it would do is devalue the ones i already have.

plus it's messed up that im giving all my gold to runic farmers instead of deco hunters.
one of those is done afk, the other isn't.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Stop hoarding
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

the game is hoarding.. the only difference is i hoard items not gold.
the gold hoarders can cash in when darkside comes around.
cub is not a cash in for item hoarders.

the thing is i can use the stuff, it doesn't need removing from the game in that way - it is removed by being used. but i cant use it because i dont have the space. i dont see any real problem with adding the ability to pay money into the server, to allow you to play it more.

i wont pay the money myself like, but i'd buy tokens for gold, then new players can buy into the game with real money if they wanted. it would actually be something older player want, that newer players could buy from donation store and sell for gold.

it's not like older players really need stat balls and stuff.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Calvin wrote: April 28th, 2020, 5:28 am
Bug wrote: April 28th, 2020, 5:25 am Maybe try decorating a castle? Those have like twice as much storage as 18x18?

... you've not visited my house have you?

my castle is fully decorated with my 3 other plots placed around it. one is a garden that is purely item deco, one is a teleporter hub to get to other players houses, and the third is a custom house. i dont really want to knock any of them down. what would be the point? to build another one that i would then have to knock down later?

i cant remove any of these either because they're all effectively the same house, just the castle has land, that's how i see it. but it means i cant even try to get a tokuno or luna plot.

i cashed in 3 or 4 heritage tokens for deco the time before last. i've had curtains, music box, and trees for like 4 or 5 years.

this was a silly time to have CUB tbh.. i still have 3 tokens from the last one. only had enough trash to get 1 this time (about 2.5mil tokens total)

server really needs some new population to benefit from this stuff, cos people like me really aren't benefiting from it at all. new population will provide gameplay for older players anyway, so it kinda works out i guess. but only if people actually join and play.

otherwise i literally have nowhere to put the things i find, so i have to sell them, and i cant get decent prices for anything because no-one else has anywhere to put things either!

i would rather keep the stuff than sell it for gambling gold which i will lose anyway. but it's just sitting boxes, there's no point.

if i cashed more tokens and stuff for deco, all it would do is devalue the ones i already have.

plus it's messed up that im giving all my gold to runic farmers instead of deco hunters.
one of those is done afk, the other isn't.
I want to see now
kentares and Calvin like this.
BooshBooshBoosh

Post by BooshBooshBoosh »

"otherwise i literally have nowhere to put the things i find, so i have to sell them, and i cant get decent prices for anything because no-one else has anywhere to put things either!"

Your prices are too high for the type of player that might buy your items. You sell niche deco and so-so katanas for absurd prices. To actually sell it, you'd have to price it to sell. Or, you can just complain about the lack of infinite housing and keep hoarding your junk.
Discord Boosh#7515
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

BooshBooshBoosh wrote: April 29th, 2020, 2:37 am Your prices are too high for the type of player that might buy your items. You sell niche deco and so-so katanas for absurd prices. To actually sell it, you'd have to price it to sell. Or, you can just complain about the lack of infinite housing and keep hoarding your junk.
the problem is, *i* would buy it at the price you want me to sell it at.

im not going to sell things at a price where it's so cheap, I would buy it myself from my own vendor. the people buying are supposed to want to use the items, not make profit on them...

as for the katanas.. you want me to spend like 100 million on hammers, then sell you the best one for 2 million, cos it's not better than the one i already have. piss off lol. im not that desperate for gold.
i would rather give things away than sell them at the prices you want to pay.

noobs be like "im not paying 8 mil for that sword, i can buy 2 agapite hammers and make 50 of them!"
pros be like "eh... 4 mil for a fire pit isn't that much. i burnt 100 mil for nothing last night"
MMMartin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if you skip to about 25 mins in, that's pretty much me... only on uo tho, my mum is actually like that in real life >.<
she bought a copy of the sun one time because it came with a free bottle of "leaf shine", like who polishes plant leaves... -_-'

i do tour the vendors, and i will buy anything that is an absolute bargain. i dont see any problem with it though, it's good for the economy. it stabilizes prices and stuff. i lose a LOT because of the way gold goes up and down in value.. but i dont really care. what i dont want to see is everything become worthless, because then no-one will play to get the items... it would death spiral the server.

but it's like people will complain at a price of 3.5mil, and want it for 3 mil. and im thinking, i bought that for 9 million, 3 years ago...

it's just hard to build up a stable economy when the value of gold changes all the time

dont feel bad for me from that documentary btw, i am the complete opposite in real life, i live a very humble, spartan, minimalist lifestyle.
but that's why i role play this innit ;)
kentares

Post by kentares »

The Silvertiger wrote: April 27th, 2020, 10:57 pm
Bama wrote: April 27th, 2020, 9:03 pm Unless you live near the M F’er who keeps the Christmas lights up all year

The sonofaB....
You might be a redneck if...
...and I keep telling you those are security lights. :geek:
The Silvertiger and Bama like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ya know what the problem is actually... vendor rent cost.

cos when an item is going to cost you a million to advertise for 2 days, you might as well sell it a million cheaper and try for the quick sale. but then people think that is the price of the item.

i vote to lower vendor rent costs to like 1/10th of what they currently are. for serious.

being able to run vendors long term and make a proper shop would solve the problem as well.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Bama wrote: April 21st, 2020, 9:30 pm It's Calvin's fault
He gets high (but doesn't share) and writes long posts
I enjoy reading them because he picks one side and then chooses the other side and writes about that
Many others don't like his posts
They just don't understand Calvin
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

im an archetype player is the thing... sort of a social/trader/builder type, with a bit of explorer.

but dont forget there are other archetypes that should be accommodated as well, like the pvper archetype, and the hardcore farmer archetype.

many players are a mix, but the idea is to have content at all levels for all types of player.. im just saying what my own issues are, as a play tester for this content at this level basically.