Funny thing...

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Excorsion

Funny thing...

Post by Excorsion »

So this morning i log on my heartwood toon and go to run down to heartwood to start the quest aka script....and get put in the afk check place.... I say the phrase wait for the teleport to the gate and out I go.. but I was not actually afk and the script was not running yet... Just found it funny that who ever was doing the check this morning wasn't actually checking if people were actually afk.. they just blanket sent toons to the spot.. lol.. I do like they are trying to police the shard tho... just funny situation lol.
Calvin

Re: Funny thing...

Post by Calvin »

i think the afk checks work over an area regardless..

that's why all of xmas town was non-afkable. they were not walking around issuing them, it's just on auto for the area every half hour or whatever
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =2&t=30885
in picture one at statue [i m sure, he was stuck!!!!]

just read his thoughts >>>>> HOW THEY DADE CHECKING IF I M AFK, I DONT EVEN GATHER NOTHING, IM STUCK AND THEY WANNA SAY I BREAK RULE... uf good thing they come else i will stay stuck in this place for next 10 AFK hour xDXDXDXDXDXD
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

most games work by placing physical areas on the map, that are invisible and you can pass through them, but they do something else.. like change the display if it's water, or trigger something when walked into. the afk checks are probably the same, just a defined area. if you had like GM vision you would probably be able to see loads of wire frame boxes to say where is what area. guard zone for example. the whole game is just a grid of squares rly. most games are, even 3D ones, just they have a third dimension to the grid. the areas are just defined co-ordinates on the grid to make a square or box, and rules that apply when you are within that square or box. in a 3D game they're most commonly stuff like triggers for events, water volumes, weather systems, etc. but you can code it to do anything.

any chance of getting support for this site's embedding?
https://tv.yarn.co/yarn-clip/419aa44e-f ... 0I4ZM.copy
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

Just found it funny myself lol....Here i was just woke up figure get a hour in on heartwood before going outside to work on my yard and Just get to the quest guy to start the script so i can eat while watching him run and bam... i'm in a cell with others lol.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

It's too bad they don't put you back exactly where you were. They've pulled me a few times for various reasons and if I wasn't running a script I asked to be returned to whatever I was doing via page. Maybe that's wrong of me, but I think if I am busy doing something and you pull me away the least you can do is get me back to the same location.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it actually probably saved my live a few times in xmas town, from falling asleep or something waiting for bosses, then it kicking me to the portal