Is doom worth it?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
powerwheel2

Is doom worth it?

Post by powerwheel2 »

As the title says what is the drop rate and is it affected by luck?
is there a lot of people there often?
is it better to bring a tamer or a abc archer
if archer what slayers do I need to bring been so long since I have done doom
MMMartin

Re: Is doom worth it?

Post by MMMartin »

luck and drop:
https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =10&t=1387

archer-tamer with cu propably is best, undead and demon slayers [trinket work wonders]

if worth, it is up to you
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Depending on your damage and luck (ingame and irl), you can get an artifact in 2-8 hours. Most of these are trash, but some sell for 20+ million gp's. So check out the market and figure out if you like Nascar in reverse.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

doom is chilled, that is the point.

worth chilling out?

in all seriousness tho, the artifact prices are LOW, so make sure you check the loot. only really AOF, and ornament are worth the grind:gold ratio, but you are rolling top loot, and you can pretty much auto-pilot it and chat. best if you get a hh tamer in a luck suit there.

you will get an artifact about ever 6-8 hours of killing bosses, depending on your luck and points..

points... urrrg right...

ironically.. i cba ecplaining, but trust me :lol:

you get far more points for solo, and fewer players attacking the monsters. so the best tactic is to build up point with solo or 1-3 players, then play with 5+ players for lots of rolls.
the points increase your chance of getting a drop each roll.

there is always someone in doom, you can get some solo in the middle of the night, but it wont last long.
there's not often a lot of people in there though, usually it stays around 2-6 players~

you need an undead slayer for the undead mages and room 1, you need demon slayer for room 3, 5, and the dark father.
you also want a 100% fire damage (consecrate wep), hit fireball wep for room 3. it has no slayer vulnerability, but it is weak to fire and cold.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

short answer, No

you'll make far more money doing just about anything
powerwheel2

Post by powerwheel2 »

are cumulative points lost if you leave doom?
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

No
Your points reset once you get your frost bringer......ummm I mean artifact
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
BooshBooshBoosh

Post by BooshBooshBoosh »

Calvin wrote: May 8th, 2020, 11:24 pm doom is chilled, that is the point.

worth chilling out?

in all seriousness tho, the artifact prices are LOW, so make sure you check the loot. only really AOF, and ornament are worth the grind:gold ratio, but you are rolling top loot, and you can pretty much auto-pilot it and chat. best if you get a hh tamer in a luck suit there.

you will get an artifact about ever 6-8 hours of killing bosses, depending on your luck and points..

points... urrrg right...

ironically.. i cba ecplaining, but trust me :lol:

you get far more points for solo, and fewer players attacking the monsters. so the best tactic is to build up point with solo or 1-3 players, then play with 5+ players for lots of rolls.
the points increase your chance of getting a drop each roll.

there is always someone in doom, you can get some solo in the middle of the night, but it wont last long.
there's not often a lot of people in there though, usually it stays around 2-6 players~

you need an undead slayer for the undead mages and room 1, you need demon slayer for room 3, 5, and the dark father.
you also want a 100% fire damage (consecrate wep), hit fireball wep for room 3. it has no slayer vulnerability, but it is weak to fire and cold.
Don't forget to talk about your greater dragon!! Post pics of the build, the cool katana and the Gdragon stats!!
Discord Boosh#7515
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

kobra and Bama like this.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

Hater gonna hate, whiners gonna whine, griefers gonna grief...sound about right?
Calvin likes this.
kobra

Post by kobra »

Is doom worth it?
no but for those who are new or like it, yes
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i think it's fun :)

https://streamable.com/1bfiyg

warrior out in force these days ^.^
nice to see it's not all archers anymore.
used to be like that but i had to tank everything lol

i think doom is sorta like a dps test. you know like when you run 3DMark, or some other bench-marking thing?
gauntlet is like the benchmark.

incidentally. you know i said the guy that made Spawn did the monsters for aos (Todd Mcfarlin). it's all the doom monsters if you are wondering which that is.

you can kinda tell ^.^

MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

well, i make today day of doom, cheap enter if you grab some skulls xD
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

MMMartin wrote: June 11th, 2020, 2:31 pm well, i make today day of doom, cheap enter if you grab some skulls xD
I will be taking a group to Gauntlet for free at 2, 6, and 10pm EST today. I will arrive at 10 minutes til 2, 6, 10 and the first 9 characters to show up, or speak to The Dark Knight if there is a surplus, after 150, 550, 950pm EST will go.

If there is room, we'll bring Free Vet Resser for pet resses.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
MMMartin likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

33 total artifacts.
hom 4kk
aof 20kk
totem 10kk
orny 60kk
arcane 3kk
midnight bracers 3kk
(my prices might be quite a bit off on some of these i think i over priced most artis at this point so the actual gold total is probably lower but I would rather highball the estimate)

all other 100-500k we will say 250k.
3.234848484848485kk average every 2-8 hours.
3.03030303030303kk of easy to sell artifacts
370k-1.5 mil per hour depending on your average rate of artifacts

To maximize arti chance u dont want to loot. You also cant effectively loot gold as bag of sending doesn't work and to maximize luck chance u want to race to the next room to get honor.

My sampire in luck averages 600k per hour just in gold. I always farmed good gold yielding locations so if we assume you are in a medium location a luck sampire can probably average 350k gold per hour.
The real profit is in the jewels you loot though they are basically this versions form of armor of fortunes and ornies. However you are guranteed x amount of gold per hour because you are actually looting gold here.

The amount/type of gear you need to make doom farming efficient is very high while a luck sampire can start out in a 5 mil suit and still yield about the same gold depending on locations.

It is of my opinion doom is not worth it. If you are trying to make money you are better off making a luck sampire and farming mobs.

I wish this wasn't the case its been mentioned tons of times that they should probably look into changing things but nothing has ever been done sadly afk farming isn't just more efficient its actually more profitable in most cases.

***EDIT***
I forgot leggings of bane in the calculation 15kk artifact. Increases the average gold per artifact by ~450k
Last edited by Loler on June 13th, 2020, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
tank and Spok like this.