Some thoughts about Demise

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
tank

Re: Some thoughts about Demise

Post by tank »

Arden wrote: May 14th, 2020, 4:06 pm Everyone on the server has afk’d items. Including you.
This thread is about future.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

I like a gold sink based on runics...it stabilizes that particular aspect of the market, it eliminates people who basically want something for nothing (the afkers who seem to b showing up to this thread and saying its a bad idea, go figure) and it makes a consumable part of the gold sink.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you've just gotta be careful guys honestly...

i suppose it would probably morph and recover over time.. but you are talking about major changes
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

The Silvertiger wrote: May 14th, 2020, 3:27 pm So your proposal is to move the afkers from Heartwood, where staff can easily check them, out into the world where they'll be farming gold in various ways?
i think the issue is more so that they arnt checking and enforcing their rules enough. Obviously making it easy for them to check isnt helping because they arnt checking them anyway....i think it was what a week and a half ago? there was 150 bots running HW afk....for 2 days before 3 different people (who arnt even actively playing right now) had to page and report for it to get checked.....the concept of making it easy for staff to check would be great.....if staff actually checked and enforced rules.....

On top of....they need to stop this silly 1 week jail time nonsense.....because jailing the vpn HW accounts are fixing the problems....it takes less than 3 hours to get a brand new HW bot up and running. Need to just straight start outright banning accounts caught afking content. Make it real simple...put out a server wide notification.....if caught afking content your account will have a 2 week ban on first offense and a permaban on second.....and then ACTUALLY follow through with it. The moment people like Alter ego lose an account worth BILLIONS in gold because they were afking against the rules....people will learn REAL quick that rules are enforced and not do the afk content....otherwise they will lose their shit. Current issue is theres no GM checking and enforcing rules...and the punishments arnt severe enough to stop the exploits.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

honestly, good idea is just make limit 1 char per IP to entry HW [same like gold farming moster, fight only on one area with 1 char]

HW propably make same gold compare fight to blood ele, just with 4x char is power of numbers and make 4x more
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

desalonne wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:04 pm
The Silvertiger wrote: May 14th, 2020, 3:27 pm So your proposal is to move the afkers from Heartwood, where staff can easily check them, out into the world where they'll be farming gold in various ways?
i think the issue is more so that they arnt checking and enforcing their rules enough.
It was sarcasm, but I will redirect.

The problem is as you said staff. They proved what they wanted when they retired the two staffers doing the most checks. There really is no future fix viable besides a wipe + third party limitations that aren't currently in place, but that would require a different staffing mentality. That's the reality.

The most successful games right now are doing the seasons thing. Wipe every 3-4 months and implement new stuff with hotfixes to game breaking bugs during current season. They will actually let some bugs go throughout the season depending on impact and player investment.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
desalonne likes this.
tank

Post by tank »

You don’t need to check anything if you really have nothing to check
I mean a server without bods and hw quests

Any other afking content like afk spawns and gold will be prevented by players who dont play afk and will report about it
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

tank wrote: May 14th, 2020, 5:30 pm You don’t need to check anything if you really have nothing to check
I mean a server without bods and hw quests

Any other afking content like afk spawns and gold will be prevented by players who dont play afk and will report about it
Ok, so hw I go there and check or respond to report. AFK's I wait for reports and then go check, because not all reports are legit. If I go to hw I know for sure someone's going to jail. If I go to other locations, maybe it's a language issue, maybe it's a personality issue, maybe someone wants the spot, etc... You're issue is that you think there aren't enough locations. What happens when they start doing the gravedigger on Tram ruleset champ spawns? What about when they start fishing and selling to vendors. If I have to go to work doing anything afk, I'm making more gold than I would be not doing anything while at work. I've created food afk in my house and then when I came back online sold it to vendors. Yes, it's not going to net as much gold as almost anything else, but it's 100% more than I would have made doing nothing. You can literally do almost anything. There are so many locations, even in felucca, that no one even knows you exist.

Edit: And it all comes back to staff activity. If my report stays on the board 3 days now when it's easy to check what will happen when it's more difficult?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Buguei

Post by Buguei »

are u guys really trying to get anything good at this point of server? Honestly, i dont know how u guys dont lost your hope into demise, they just dont give a fuck for us, they fucked the pvp system and let the majority of templates are archers, they tried to help mages about target relatives walls 15 tiles, so now theres just 1 hotkey in pvp for mages, spamm wall target relative,you dont need even synch a combo with explo fs, just need 3 archers, 2 yumi 1 pb, yumi hits was like 70-80 life, they fucked the jornal and hits to fuck mage too, this server sucks
The Silvertiger and tank like this.
Buguei

Post by Buguei »

alters video is showing they were using other fucking client, using share target, cross healing, and what the fuck staff of demise does? NOTHING
tank likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Mr Straitions wrote: May 14th, 2020, 2:26 pm IMO, staff should buff stuff that isn't fun instead of nerfing stuff that is fun.

In other words, don't nerf bods and heartwood just because people are successful with it.
I just wanted to highlight the fact, that what you actually said is

"Being AFK is fun"

:coffee:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

he means dont nerf things people are doing, buff the things people are not doing.

i suppose you could do either really... i dunno tho, on one you're banning accounts and characters, on the other you're encouraging people to make accounts and characters...

like they're right about no-one does treasure hunting. but if they buffed it people would make treasure hunters.. would removing the afkers really make more treasure hunters? i suppose maybe...

see the problem you have there is most people complain about pvp, but that's only because it's the most populated part of the game... which.. kinda means it doesn't need attention. so it's tricky, do you work on things trying to attract new players, or make new things for the current population.

either way i dont think getting rid of chunks of the population so you can be king of the ashes is really worth it...

but then as they say in the video, life would continue, it'd just be different.
tbh it's already happened a couple of times..

in all honesty though, i would say the server needs time to recover a bit before they make any more major changes.. it's taken a lot of hits lately..

although then again, maybe a big change would bring a lot of people back. hard to say :/

throttle it, dont just cut it off. put things in a little bit and see if they have a good effect, then more if they do.

Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

I totally agree with the "Buff stuff that ain't fun"

I just have just find it comical to link it to AFK heartwood, presuming that it's one of the most "fun" part of the game as everyone seems to do it lol

I would debate the fact that yea, fix stuff that ain't worth doing, but that certainly do not mean that stuff that people do ain't broken.

Here some analogy, just for fun really:

If company X makes a mistake, and put a super king size fluffy mattress on their website for 1$ instead of 10,000.00$. You know for a fact that everyone that sees it, is gonna try and get one. Now, do they do it because they need it, or want it? Neither, they do it because it's broken, and they want to take advantage of the situation.

I see heartwood the same way, people ain't doing it for what it's suppose to. They doin' it cus it's broken, and it's broken in part because crafting sucks. Since you need to make 100,000 bows to get a decent one, obviously supplies of kits are always gonna be low, and for people who don't give a shit about archer, it always remains the easiest, broken way to get cash.

All in all, I agree with the OP that heartwoods need to stop, and yea sure, kill bods while you're at it. But yes of course, it will require something else for these people, and I can't imagine that people are really having a good time afking heartwood, it became a politic of "I do it because I have to in order to yada yada yada"

But really, my point was not to argue, I just had a smirk when I read it, and wanted to highlight it, without any hard feelings ;)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"Since you need to make 100,000 bows to get a decent one"

that's really why it's alright... how could they change the crafting system now with the amount of tools that already exist to give you 1:100 chance instead?

which they would need to do, to accommodate it being a lot harder to get them.

the only reason we can sell things at the prices we are selling them at, is because of the gold farmers.. the only reason that gold circulates is because people farm things they buy.. it's a system. you can change it.. but it will change more than you think. stuff knocks on to other stuff. it will adjust, but it's unpredictable.

***MAJOR SPOILER*** do not watch this is you haven't seen the film "Lord of War"

but the grim truth is these people serve a purpose...

i'll be quiet anyway, but that's my thoughts on it.
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

tank wrote: May 14th, 2020, 3:51 pm
Arden wrote: May 14th, 2020, 3:47 pm Yes ... let’s Let all the cheated items stay in the game so new players can over pay for shit players like tank got afk.

Trash idea. Delete this
i didnt get anything afk but i can see hw rewards on yours guildmates vendors
hmm /cough ... oh you did ... i still have the video of you paying A^R 5kk per week so you could afk shame on 2 sampires :D

I think i remember you telling us you made 55kk - 60kk per week ... that ring any bells?