Help me Troubleshoot? Unable to play since new server

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
GreatSquid

Help me Troubleshoot? Unable to play since new server

Post by GreatSquid »

Hello,

I've been on Demise for about 10 years and never really had any issues.

After the new server was installed, the first Friday I logged in no problem and everything was fine.

The second Friday and everytime I've tried since the game basically freezes and my mouse can barely even move across the screen. I can't even pick up BODs or anything.

I've tried reinstalling UO, reinstalling UOSteam, installed Razor, no matter what I've tried I can't even move when I log in.

I'm located in Colorado, USA.

I've searched around the forums and online but can't figure anything else out to try.

I don't know if it's a port issue or what is going on but I've just been waiting for a few weeks now but today it was the worst yet.

I logged in, get the system messages, can't move at all and my mouse can barely move across the UO screen but the pointer goes to normal speed as soon as it's outside of the client. Then it would say connection lost.

Can someone please help?
Excorsion

Re: Help me Troubleshoot? Unable to play since new server

Post by Excorsion »

Sounds like your processor is buggy....that is a hardware issue... got a spare computer laying around.. try installing the game on that and running it on that and see if the same thing happens.. to weed out a isp firewall issue. Or maybe you are trying to run a overclock app and it's messing up the game itself.

Edit after thinking some more on it... could be you are running a uncompatable windows version...Right click the shortcut and check for that.
GreatSquid

Post by GreatSquid »

Hmm thanks for the things to try.

Processor checked out fine. I'm using a ~8 month old MSI laptop that can play pretty much everything at ultra settings.

I tried turning off all my windows firewall settings and still same issue.

I don't know anything about overclock apps so doesn't seem applicable.

I tried compatibility mode in Windows 9, 7, XP SP2, XP SP3. All had the same issue.

Today I let my guy sit there for longer and eventually got the message:

Invalid client detected.
PlayUO/KUOC and old OSI clients are not allowed on this server.

You must use an OSI client version 4.0.0 or later.

I ran UOpatch.exe as recommended and I'm fully up to date.

On my login screen it says UO Version 7.0.85.15 (Patch Unknown)

So far that seems like the only thing I have to go on but it seems to be up to date.

Could you tell me what yours says?

I did manage to type -ping in and the highest I saw was 11512ms

Any other ideas to try? I'm really missing my weekly UO fix. I even donated a $50 spot after the new server came online because the first time I logged in it worked perfectly fine.
GreatSquid

Post by GreatSquid »

So I did set up another desktop and was able to login and run around just fine so it does seem related to my laptop specifically.

I'll just try a clean install of UO and UOS and visual runtime 2010 and see if that works.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

when you start client, but not login, here you can select it, check if it is on, aswell down reducet CPU usage

do you have check ''negotiate features with server''
kentares likes this.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

if you use razor, here is same, same name, just need find it
kentares likes this.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Maybe a year ago I was having same trouble but i am too lazy to figure out the problem so I just went nuclear and did a factory restore. Had to set up everything again like it was brandnew but it made things work perfectly.
GreatSquid

Post by GreatSquid »

Thanks for the tips MMMartin. I did verify those boxes were checked on UOSteam and uninstalled UOSteam, Razor, and UO fully from my computer. Reinstalled them all but still experiencing the same issue even after verifying they are checked again.

My best guess now is it has to be something in network settings.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

you can try manualy link UO client in uosteam, maybe it will do better [maybe it try load some hiden UO game ? if you have auto find game xD]

if dont work, i can just try this demise link version download, maybe it will do something
https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... p?f=2&t=16

here is one more opinion, delete register
write to goodle ''regedit cleaner'' here find some program and try delete UO files if you cant find files just with program delete it all [default], after you will need setting something like TIME and others things, this propapbly is last opinion find hiden UO settings

aswell here some info about what it is
https://www.ccleaner.com/registry-cleaner

XD, hope something will help you.
kentares likes this.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

aswell, you can try open windowns task manager or something like it for check memory and how much CPU UO game will take when start it and getting all UO lagging, this way you can find if memory or CPU have some problem, later only network can be, but are you say before it work OK even frst week was OK...

next step check VPN for test if UO will work better
i think good one was
https://www.hotspotshield.com/

at last i try it before 7-8 years back and use it for some youtube videos who was banned with my country xD

AHHHHH, more one thing, grafic driver can make aswell LAGS and f**k some game and others thing, try check last version Grafic Driver

that is, write if you get some clue and something work for you above xD :lol:
kentares likes this.
GreatSquid

Post by GreatSquid »

So I didn't change anything else after May 27th and on Friday just tried to login as usual and it worked!

I'm not sure what exactly changed because on the 27th it was the same lag issues after reinstalling but I am just so happy to be able to play again.

So I'm still not 100% sure what the issue was or how it resolved.

The only thing I did differently on Friday is I tried to manually link the client and got an error message and then changed it back to auto-detect and then boom, I was back in business.

I sincerely appreciate your help so much MMMartin.
Frasier likes this.