right, doom scripters.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

right, doom scripters.

Post by Calvin »

how would you like a couple of greater dragon spawns in your main room?

Calvin

Re: right, doom scripters.

Post by Calvin »

in all seriousness, if you want to beat the scripters, you can..

it's a battle of attrition, the same as any war. you are not ultimately trying to kill them; you wanna make them quit doing what they are doing. you dont kill them, you break them. change things. make them have to change their script. every. fucking. day.

see who surrenders first.

cant believe you let these fuckers take out your police force, infiltrate your management, pretty much run the server.... women in charge... ;P

MB you are a tumor. :stick:

if people are sick of grinding then just up the drop rates and compress the gameplay, exactly the same as the skill gain. automation is not the answer!
.... although we do automate the skill gain... :lol:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

was just talking to someone about it..

"did you ever play any FPS?
like imagine if aim bots became standard in fps, what the hell would be the point in the game..
oh ffs they did become standard with assisted aiming... people fucking suck lol"

.. you could change the nature of the game and make it a robot game where we all program 4 NPCs, like the guild... but you would have to change the distribution package to be full of standard scripts for things like gathering resources, training skill, running spawns, etc...

i mean i dont think there'd still be a game there personally. i dont think these people are playing the game, i think they're just enjoying winning... by cheating.. which is just bad sportsmen basically.. i suppose the argument is to them; that is not the game, the same as to me training the character is not the game, and they just wanna skip it to get to the pvp. god forbid they dont have the items to win, better the server burns... than they lose...

but you could certainly make that automated bot game.... it'd just be shit. you'd have to add content designed for it, cos uo is not. but then these people wil lose their "power and invulnerability" factor as soon as you balance it for everyone to play like that, so they'd not wanna play that anyway >.<

ya cant have it both ways though. you cant expect new players to join just to make the old players feel powerful, but not have any value to their work; and have a massive barrier to entry to actually getting value for time invested..

the world can accommodate the odd crook, but once it becomes mainstream, the whole of society breaks down. ya can change it to accommodate the new way of doing things, but you cant expect everything to stay the same when everyone is a mafia boss.

and ya cant expect normal players to voluntarily populate a bad neighborhood.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

and mb if you are selling scripts for real money.. plz appreciate you are literally sacrificing the server for your own financial gain.
exploiting people wanting to win by cheating.

fucking tumor.... :beathorse:

you're like a smack dealer.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ya know they could totally make a Doom 2
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

basically the problem...
BCrowly

Post by BCrowly »

Calvin wrote: June 5th, 2020, 11:15 am and mb if you are selling scripts for real money.. plz appreciate you are literally sacrificing the server for your own financial gain.

Are you on drugs?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

BCrowly wrote: June 5th, 2020, 6:11 pm
Calvin wrote: June 5th, 2020, 11:15 am and mb if you are selling scripts for real money.. plz appreciate you are literally sacrificing the server for your own financial gain.

Are you on drugs?
yes. ones that calm me down. :twisted:
Gargl Kark likes this.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

Calvin you know they script their pvp too right? they say it takes skill...I agree it takes Buying skill or google skill to win at script pvp....Oh they will come here and say learn to script.. but i can tell you back in the day that mondain legacy was new and pvp was the best it ever was on osi shards.. scripting was not allowed and players like flood and charlie brown off sonoma ruled pvp without scripts and would prolly still whip most of these script kiddies with their scripts running. Yes I played with great pvper's.. and I took my deaths like a man... not like some little punk.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I mean the truth is they still have to have a presence of mind to know which hotkey to press. There are a few that are pretty much script free, but there's no one pressing play and going to fix a sandwich in PvP like they are in gauntlet or basically any non-event pvm content.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."