Community contributions - how do we do this?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Community contributions - how do we do this?

Post by Calvin »

"The following change has been made, effective immediately at the time of posting:
OSI casting has been enabled in all of Felucca."

pvp...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"The following change will go in effect during server wars tonight:
We will begin testing a captcha system"

there we go, there's a pve one.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

"The following changes have gone in effect during the server restart:
OSI casting changes in Felucca:
Spells cast after being disrupted are now subject to overcasting.
Improved accuracy of spell casting and delayed damage timers to reduce excessive randomness.
The AFK captcha window now opens more in the top left corner and sends a system message when it appears. (A GM is checking you for attendance. Please respond to the attendance pop-up.)
Town vendors will now accept gold in the bank as payment for purchases under 2,000 gold as well.
Town vendors, animal trainers, and the banker "withdraw" command will now take gold from bank checks as well as gold coins.
Corrected axle crafting requirement (1 board instead of 2).
Bravehorn can no longer be stabled.
Fixed phantom house signposts sometimes appearing after house customization."

lets see.. casting, that's pvp... casting.. still pvp... capcha bug fix, we'll call that pve.
vendors is neither.
axle crafting.. *shrugs*
dont know what bravehorn is.
house signs is a bug again, neither.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

the last one, treasure maps are pve.

fields.. wall of stone.. spell range.. these are all pvp..

oaks fix - can call that pve tho it's in fel.

dryad can be pve kinda.. but these are all just bug fixes.

why you so full o' shit ST?

oh interesting, bravehorn is a wow style quest.. what does it give?
oh it's to turn into an elf... fair enough.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Feel free to pm me your disputes, I will not be replying to them here.

I will make a thread for you Calvin.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

what on earth would be the point of that?

look all im saying really, is that you need the leadership to give some direction.

the leadership needs to understand the situation so they can make an informed decision either way.

i really have no interest in a dispute with an unreasonable person. you're not even a bad guy...

the thread is a perfectly reasonable point, you cant really test it properly, because you haven't been given a test plan.
you can make your own.. but like... that's really... not...

right, test what they add. that's the best idea. then regression test it with everything related to it.

honestly tho, the best thing that anyone can do for the server, is play the game. and dont be a dickhead.
build guilds, shops, soak up deco, finance the economy so players can always buy/sell what they want/have. all that kinda thing.
end of the day, there is no game in uo without players. that's what im saying, it's actually not a game in itself. it's a platform.
the players make the game, you guys. their job is to make the world, your job is to populate it.

this game has too many managers and not enough workers, that's the real problem. why do you think i choose to be a player?
cos it's the most helpful thing i can do for them. well that and i dont like working for free :P not for you lot anyway. but i wouldn't enjoy it, i'd do a proper job. it's not a pleasure, it's a responsibility. i've still massive respect for them for being bothered to do it tbh, and with dickheads on top.. tougher than me these girls ;)
An Elemental

Post by An Elemental »

Calvin wrote: July 13th, 2020, 10:09 am "The following changes have gone into effect during server wars tonight:
Added a 6-hour time limit to champion spawn boss fights. (A champion will despawn after being alive for 6 hours, resetting the altar.)

yeah im sure the pve people wanted a reset on the fel champ spawns...
No they really enjoyed not being able to do champs in T2A for days because they were boated away and hidden
Calvin likes this.
An Elemental

Post by An Elemental »

Calvin wrote: July 13th, 2020, 10:17 am

fields.. wall of stone.. spell range.. these are all pvp..

oh interesting, bravehorn is a wow style quest.. what does it give?
oh it's to turn into an elf... fair enough.
People use spells in pvm
Bravehorn also counts towards compassions points
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

well i'd rather have a new dungeon?

the spell mechanics dont matter that much for pve either way, there's no second side to it in pve, so it doesn't really matter what it's set to, as long as it's consistent. they could put the range at 1 square and it wouldn't make any difference to pve.
the bravehorn thing is about stabling it wasn't it? so.. it's just a bug.
the champ spawn reset is a fair point, but people should be jailed if they're boating the boss away, cos that's griefing.
An Elemental

Post by An Elemental »

Calvin wrote: July 13th, 2020, 10:12 am "The following change has been made, effective immediately at the time of posting:
OSI casting has been enabled in all of Felucca."

pvp...
I Pvm in fel
An Elemental

Post by An Elemental »

Calvin wrote: July 13th, 2020, 10:15 am

lets see.. casting, that's pvp... casting.. still pvp...

dont know what bravehorn is.
Casting is PVE
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

casting in a pve context is designing the experience for the player, they can set it to whatever they want, and it wont make any difference really.

casting in a pvp context, changes the dynamic of the game, strengthening some classes, and weakening others. which is where it actually matters.

in a pvp context, it's a buff or a nerf. in a pve context, it's just pacing.
Last edited by Calvin on July 15th, 2020, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An Elemental

Post by An Elemental »

Calvin wrote: July 13th, 2020, 10:10 am "The following changes have been made during server wars:
Pet corrections:
Pets no longer automatically follow you after claiming them from the stables, summoning them, adding/removing a pet friend, or when turning into a pet ghost. The follow order must be given manually.
Pets no longer follow ghosts. If a pet owner dies, the pet will stop following. The follow order must be given again manually after resurrecting to resume following.
Stabling a pet now maintains the last given order on the pet, it no longer defaults to follow when claiming.
Stabling a pet no longer refills the pet's happiness.
Feeding a pet now gives it a "stop" command.

sooo... this seems like all fel stuff to me again?
who is concerned about their pets following them when they die, and who has been claiming from the stable with 0 taming and lore?
All was being done in every facet
People pvm everywhere. They use cus without having the skills to control them on every facet. When you auto stable a pet it comes out of the stable when you login again even if you don’t have the skills to control it.
From what I read of some of your posts it looks like to me you didn’t play on OSI after AoS
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

okay so why are they using a cu with 0 taming, what is dismounting them exactly in pve?

"From what I read of some of your posts it looks like to me you didn’t play on OSI after AoS"
that's actually accurate, but also irrelevant?

i think i've actually been on RunUO since it was T2A... do you wanna add a point to your comment?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh no i was on OSI for AOS ^.^

i remember cos my silver hally of vanq became shit.