Calvin's Off Topic Thread

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Calvin's Off Topic Thread

Post by The Silvertiger »

What's the intent and purpose of this thread?

A place for Calvin to share his thoughts without derailing other threads.

@calvin feel free to post as much as you want here. I and/or others will reply to them if/and when we they feel it is necessary.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on July 27th, 2020, 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bad Religion and Frasier like this.
The Silvertiger

Re: Calvin's Off Topic Thread

Calvin wrote: July 13th, 2020, 10:17 am the last one, treasure maps are pve.

fields.. wall of stone.. spell range.. these are all pvp..

oaks fix - can call that pve tho it's in fel.

dryad can be pve kinda.. but these are all just bug fixes.

why you so full o' shit ST?

oh interesting, bravehorn is a wow style quest.. what does it give?
oh it's to turn into an elf... fair enough.
Welcome to your thread!

My numbers were explained. You said staff were focused on PvP too much. I replied with numbers that show staff were more interested in the overall population than just one subset. I used the main bullet points as number of changes.

Furthermore, very few of the PvP numbers I listed could be seen as purely for PvP balancing versus just long standing bugs that needed fixed. The problem is your definition of a bug doesn't fit the definition of a bug for Demise. Your definition is based on stand alone games not emulators. Demise is attempting to emulate OSI in the mondain's legacy era. So any unintentional differences between Demise and OSI during that era are considered bugs. Common differences that are intentional: wildfire mechanics, the way explosion potions act, various item additions, and events.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on July 13th, 2020, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Loler

Post by Loler »

PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

ya know how kids always have that one special soft toy? my nieces is called Grey Cat.
she has an actual cat now, a british shorthair. that's the cat i posted btw.
(not the exact one, just the same breed.. i dont think i have any pics of Sylvia.. maybe)
The Silvertiger

It was a nice picture. Took me forever to get it as a profile pic, bc I don't have a degree in gaming. 😹 rude jabHowever, I finally found the shrink my pic website and it's pretty cool. I tried downscaling and removing color, but yeah... Google is my friend.
Last edited by The Silvertiger on July 27th, 2020, 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Selling List & Vendor

Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i do actually have a portable version of photoshop, but it's really not necessary...
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

fyi, it's here:

but like... 2 clicks in ms paint is kinda easier... well... takes less ram to load at least.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

why, do you want me to shop your pussy? believe it or not, it wouldn't be the first time :lol:
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

there ya go.

oh shit are we on 64 or 128? sec i'll do you a 64 pixel version

*grumbles* wtf kinda pixelage is that...?

oh it's 100x100... well, use the bigger one it'll shrink it for you.. i saved over it with the littler one, and i cba redownloading it from the post... loses res if i scale it up.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

actually, go on then post a pic you want and i'll resize it and put a filter on for you... and maybe a penis just for the lolz

seriously tho, you see the problem? resizing an image in MS-Paint is not something you need a degree for... i really dont mean to be a dick, but you shouldn't be making design decisions that will effect 100s of people..
like, that is not even square 1 of a degree, that is like, square -100.. you should learn that in like primary school. age and generations are a thing.. but yeah.. gen z might learn how to use all this stuff in school now, but it's your generation, my generation, that built it all.

i dunno, maybe it's me, i take A LOT for granted..
Last edited by Calvin on July 13th, 2020, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silvertiger

You never read. 😹

I already made it my profile pic then changed it. I was using Gimp which is very similar the problem wasn't the size of the pic 100x100, but the size of the file less than 100kb. However, using this site http://www.shrinkpictures.com is so much easier than the rest of that. You can do all the effects you want then upload it there and redownload it in the correct format.
Selling List & Vendor

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

there's a quality slide bar when you save..
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

what OS are you using to be using GIMP anyway?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh it's free that's why.. i just crack everything :lol:

i mean.. err... i still have the student licenses ;)

but seriously, like how are you supposed to learn 2 grand software if you're not allowed to crack it... just cant publish from it.

just get stand alone versions from proxybay, they come with a crack, or precracked. because they're stand alone they wont touch your registry either.

portable sorry, is the word. it's made so you can put your work on a pen-drive and keep the software to open it with you. very handy tho if you dont want it putting it's filthy tendrils into your machine.