Question about afk scripters

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Question about afk scripters

Post by Calvin »

if i scripted a bot that was purely to troll afk bots... what kinda things would ruin their macros? :P

technically it's not griefing a *player*, and it's not afk gathering... so would it be against the rules?

not allowed to lure or release on people... what about invising them to put them into peace mode?
stuff like that.

i would wager they are not using very robust code... may only take tiny things to mess the whole lot up.
Calvin

Re: Question about afk scripters

Post by Calvin »

oh baby. give us some costumes this halloween for the monster graphics. give me a scorp costume :D

im gonna test it, where abouts is the wisp farm...
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Invising for peace mode won't work as the script just says attack enemy. If you can maintain grey status you could probably mess up a lot of scripts. Try cutting corpses. To get them killed you would have to stand on top of them. If they like some people look for graphic then you would need the costume. Best to have honor as well, so you don't get attacked. If the mob is spell casters then simply using energy fields will cause the mob to cast spells while the player is unable to leech life.

I would consider all this griefing even though it's not enumerated in the rules. So happy griefing!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin likes this.
lumos

Post by lumos »

I think that depends on the event environment..

*Page GM*
And wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and....
Forget it, usually not working..

*Release The Killer Minions*
For example, some event area has killer vampire bat.
Player like to lock them in some room far away.
You can open the door and drag it back to main area.
(but maybe this is gray area which sounds like kiting)

*Cosplay*
Or you can create character with the name of event boss, and dress like them.
If their scripts does not detect boss purely by its name, it will fail.

*Play Dead*
Similar to cosplay, but this time your fake the dead of the event boss. Use the player named after the event boss, make it gray name, and suicide where event boss spawn.
Then, remember to cut the body, or it looks like someone play dead. When the remains are cut it will just looks like a pile of bones.

*Drag Away*
Once event boss spawn, drag it away from the crowd, where there script cannot detect the existence of the event boss. This is legal, but need to do it manually.

*The Gold Fountain*
Drop gold piles on the ground to fake boss spawned. Maybe some player will go for another event boss.

*The Peace Maker*
Use wide area peacemaking periodically to make event boss turn to target another player. It may not break their script, but it will make it more dangerous.

*Make Obstacles*
Put some box, bags, it's definitely illegal...

I think most of them won't work..lol
Happy trolling :)