How to make Lots of Gold?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
leo_azenha

How to make Lots of Gold?

Post by leo_azenha »

So, heres the thing.

I've been playing here for over 5 years and I've never been rich enough to buy a 15kk item, for example.
How to make gold in UO? Does anyone have any tips that really work? Don't say that money is made with champ or something like that couse I know it isn't. I want some way that realy worth try.

There was a time that I droped some nice Arty at Doom and I sell for a good price. But I rather be some other place.
Please help me!
Calvin

Re: How to make Lots of Gold?

Post by Calvin »

the problem is the gold farmers inflate the prices of everything, so there really is no way to farm raw gold at a comparative rate.. the trick is to not try to farm gold. farm the items that the gold farmers will buy, then sell them for every penny you can get.

this can be anything.. from scrolls, to artifacts, to dawns music box gears, to golden skulls, to exceptional pets, to resources, to jewelry, to runic crafts...

but you need to get every penny you can when you sell them. just dont sell them at a lower price.
if it has taken you a week to get something, then you want a weeks worth of gold farm outa them.

they will try to pawn you off with like a few hours worth. dont let them. these people think they're rich, they're not. they've just made gold worthless. or at least worth way way less. get your items worth.

this is why they think my prices are high, but they're not really, i just know what people can actually afford, and how rare the items actually are. the problem is that it makes it very difficult for new players to get to a level where they can farm things of value. which is why perma tots and perma cub has been an idea, tho maybe not, it would be a big change. but i would say idoc for a good character, then use the good character to farm things you can sell.

perhaps just make a completely non-afkable area, and put nice drops in it? based on time spent rather than needing a strong character. so backpack drops. then people could just farm for items at the level they are comfortable, and will get a kinda 'minimum wage' for their work.**

the benchmark for the actual value of gold, is items like Ornament, Garb, Quiver, etc. the set value items. which is why it screws stuff up a bit when they affect the drops of those items. but everything is really based on those... what you are doing when you sell an item for like 120kk, is you're saying it's worth 2 ornaments. or, 1 ornament is worth 4 quivers. that's how the economy actually works. it's basically a barter system. gold isn't the same thing here as in the real world.. it's just a way of breaking barter trades into fractions.

(in the real world economy, it's benchmarked on an hours work, but because we have scripting, it's benchmarked on lucky drops basically.)

people like to claim things are worth what people will pay for them... you will end up selling them at that, or not selling them. but that is not their real value. they have a real objective value based on the rarity to spawn them, and the demand of the class that uses them.

** that is basically what the events are. the reason people play more at event times, is because it's the only time the game is actually playable in a classic sense. the rest of the time... it's all just trade, social, and pvp really.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

honestly.... and i'm gonna get alot of hate for this... if you want alot of gold... Make a toon that can run the heartwood quests... then make another on a different account then another and then the last one on your fourth account and then run them while watching tv but still able to watch the game. then sell the runics you get. once you have enough gold.. set yourself up a necro weave tamer and get some friend to do the same then farm oaks in ilshnar...it's loops tactics to making gold quickly and trt's.. and before anyone asks who i am in loop.. I'd never join loop or trt...
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

This is my second go on Demise.
In my first, I made roughly 100kk following this:
  • Peerless - Pick your favorite Peerless and develop a strategy to cycle endlessly through them. You will surely collect peerless reagents, Crimson Cincture and other goodies. They sell well, people will buy bulk regs and CC on a regular basis.
  • Crafting - When you burn through a stack of runics, don't trash the results! Make a list of your results, park them at a Google Spread Sheet and link to it frequently. For example, many people bought minor staffs for 500k through 5kk.
  • Farming - I was able to make like 1kk per day off a good farming spot. It does not have to be Miasma or Wisp dungeon, the competition spoils the gains. So there you can collect gold as well as equipment. Jewelry goes well, there are always people looking for smallish treats (LRC jewels, HCI/DCI patches, SDI/LMC patches). Prices vary greatly.
All of the above would mean you do not automate too much but spend time on Discord or the Forum on peak hours to advertise.
Doing Heartwood pays off a lot more though.
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
izi1988

Post by izi1988 »

4KK a day , farming :> and few clients.