Recovering lost chars. Is it possible?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
gugutz

Recovering lost chars. Is it possible?

Post by gugutz »

Hi. Yesterday i was surprised to know that i could recover my 2000+ days old accounts and play again on Demise.

But when i entered the accounts, most of my chars were gone (even though they were the same accounts as before), and with this i lost several itens and stuff on banks, several artifacts, orny, HOM, and so on.

Is there also a way to recover these deleted characters? It just the account is viable for recovery, but no the characters?

I still dont know why they were deleted though. I never cheated or got banned or anything.

PS: I tried searching first and also to send a PM to an administrator about this question, but coundlnt find anything or where to send the PM.
Frasier

Re: Recovering lost chars. Is it possible?

Post by Frasier »

Maybe @Selene can help/ answer. Although I think there is no such recovery option.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

account age is important, but im pretty sure they're not gonna make you items cos you remember having them...

i would guess you deleted the characters before you quit :/

that said, it's pretty easy to make a passable suit and play for drops. account age actually matters a lot for being able to ride an ethy and having the extra skill points. you can also sell the vet rewards.
gugutz

Post by gugutz »

Thanks for the replies.
Actually thats the wierd thing.
I would never delete my characters. I have a lot of stuff.

I guess ill wait for an admin to confirm it, but i thought it was at least worth a shot asking, maybe some logs could confirm i have the characters and that i didnt not delete them, or something like that.
An Elemental

Post by An Elemental »

gugutz wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 2:32 pm Thanks for the replies.

I guess ill wait for an admin to confirm it, but i thought it was at least worth a shot asking, maybe some logs could confirm i have the characters and that i didnt not delete them, or something like that.
My memory is slowly eroding but were you a Zen guild member?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

people tended to give their stuff away before leaving because the characters weren't permanent in them days, the accounts were deleted after 3 months. really though they are not deleted, just deactivated until over-written. i guess by someone using the same user name - that's what happens on diablo 2 and battlenet.

also many people would delete their characters to stop themselves being tempted to come back..

im guessing that's what happened, cos otherwise the characters would be there :/
same name doesn't over-write them.

in theory the only actually deleted accounts will be ones that were deactivated, then someone new came along and used the exact same username. otherwise everything should be the same as when you left once reactivated.... i suppose it's possible the files were corrupted in a server move or something, but then you'd expect they all would be...
Lungsiu

Post by Lungsiu »

gugutz wrote: August 21st, 2020, 12:41 pm Hi. Yesterday i was surprised to know that i could recover my 2000+ days old accounts and play again on Demise.

But when i entered the accounts, most of my chars were gone (even though they were the same accounts as before), and with this i lost several itens and stuff on banks, several artifacts, orny, HOM, and so on.

Is there also a way to recover these deleted characters? It just the account is viable for recovery, but no the characters?

I still dont know why they were deleted though. I never cheated or got banned or anything.

PS: I tried searching first and also to send a PM to an administrator about this question, but coundlnt find anything or where to send the PM.
I have the same problem here, i can't even login my old account(maybe i don't remember the user name), and the account recovery system seem no response to my registered email :(
Maybe start a new account to play :)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it is really easy to make a new account/character guys.. any old skool player can help you out with a starter suit.

get a donation of pendant (500k), scrappers (80k), 2/1 library shield (350k).
you'll already be on 2/3 casting, 30% lrc, 25% sdi, and 20% lmc.

then all you need is a 0-3 jewel and to make up the other 70% lrc over the remaining 7 parts.

the harder thing is the vet reward for the +20 skill points and being able to ride an ethy.

(personally i use spell woven pants for more SDI, crystaline ring for MOAR sdi, then a 0/3 10% lrc brac. but leaves 3 parts to make 60% lrc)
(if you add a sash it's even easier, but the extra sdi, lmc, etc. are all extras, the core of the suit is just to get 2/6 100% lrc, and that is easy with those start items)

you can pretty much build an entire suit for a bit over a mil. might sound like a lot from nothing, but remember people are paying like 100 mil for a pigment these days. they can spare 1 check.
gugutz

Post by gugutz »

An Elemental wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 5:26 pm
gugutz wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 2:32 pm Thanks for the replies.

My memory is slowly eroding but were you a Zen guild member?
Yes, i was! I played with Eby, Applesauce, Third, those guys in that time against Bile`s USA
Good times.

I had a lot of stuff, and i would never delete my chars cause i always come back to UO eventually.
And if the server doenst auto delete chars, i really dont know what could've happened.
Vampire337 likes this.