donation store

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: donation store

Post by Calvin »

ahh of course, the Chaturbate business model...

im not sure if
a) that is a legitimate business model
b) this has the same operational structure (which it would need to have the same financial/legal setup)

i just think if it was as easy as you think, they would do it themselves
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

Theres nothing hard about it, you need a business, I have one registered already (in Australia, but that doesn't matter) that I can repurpose for this.

Ryan has one that he used for payments (Fast Track Networks, if i remember correctly), but clearly doesn't have the time/cbf'd, and obviously lost the code for the store.

I have the experience with running online store software, and the business to take payments, and will work on it straight away, all Ryan/Eos has to do is get their computers to make items.

Seems like a fair deal to me, or they can keep dragging their feet and get 0% like their getting now.
Killa DJ

Post by Killa DJ »

Reetus wrote:Theres nothing hard about it, you need a business, I have one registered already (in Australia, but that doesn't matter) that I can repurpose for this.

Ryan has one that he used for payments (Fast Track Networks, if i remember correctly), but clearly doesn't have the time/cbf'd, and obviously lost the code for the store.

I have the experience with running online store software, and the business to take payments, and will work on it straight away, all Ryan/Eos has to do is get their computers to make items.

Seems like a fair deal to me, or they can keep dragging their feet and get 0% like their getting now.
I don't know much about computers and could probably set that up within 15 minutes with a shopping cart online. I'm pretty sure the staff which works for free could easily set it up themselves and are way more entitled to that 50% share.

Imagine if credit card companies charged 50% per transaction which is as absurd as you asking for 50%.

Furthermore I'm sure anyone on here would do the same thing way cheaper. Hell, I'd even do it.

Eos, Ryan, or whoever it may concern, I'll do it for 5%.
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

You'll pay ~15% in taxes and fees for 5%, and pay for hosting and maintain it all? Wow

Not offering the same thing.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Killa DJ

Post by Killa DJ »

Yes... for example right now credit card companies charge around 3%. They don’t pay taxes on the entire transaction though, they pay taxes on their own earnings.

So in this example when I’m filing my taxes I’m claiming to be making the 5%.
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

So if the store made $200/month, your cut would be $10, and you have to host it and everything in that, excellent, you can have it.
Killa DJ

Post by Killa DJ »

Well I have an IT guy on payroll as is that already does all my hosting and web stuff so realistically it wouldn't even cost me $10 more per month to set that up.

By the way, no idea what donation store makes per month but I guarantee you its way more than that per month lol. I myself spent like $200 in a day a few years back. I wouldn't be surprised if its a lot more than that per day.

Either way I dont think you get my point, they would do it themselves if they had to give someone 50%. Chaturbate or w/e your making reference to makes 50% because they do everything, they bring the customers to the site. They market, they run the whole damn company and that is what the market dictates. If someone else had a better site where they offered girls 90%, I'm sure all girls would be there in a second. But it seems since they already have a significant share of the market, the barriers to entry are high and difficult. In this situation with donation store, the barriers are super easy since it just takes setting up a shopping cart on any site online, so many individuals like myself would be willing to do it for a much lower share. Get me now?

You would basically be receiving 50% of the gross income from a company that took YEARS to put together, that has multiple employees (staff) working free, that has a huge client base, that is spending who knows how many hundreds of dollars per month in server fees among other costs and all you would be doing is setting something up that anyone can do in a matter of minutes for pennies.
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

I think $200/month would be an accurate average in store earnings.

So your welcome to it.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Haha 200 a month. Shit some people selling items illegally make that on average every week lol.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

Loler wrote:Haha 200 a month. Shit some people selling items illegally make that on average every week lol.
No doubt Alvin supports his whole village selling items illegally.

But the store is selling skill balls and ethys, not good items.

Atleast I've offered an actual solution that I'm capable of doing, unlike the guy 'who doesn't know much about computers' but thinks he can do it in 15 minutes.

At the moment the store is making $0/month.
Arden likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

people donate for items so they can sell for gold, so they can buy items in game. most people prefer to buy from the server because so many people arent very trust worthy. im sure you have seen a few of the recent topics in general discussion.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

If it made considerably more than the $200 I'm basing my commission on, I could rethink the %.

I've messaged Ryan, but I'm guessing if it made crazy money he'd be alot of more motivated to fix it than he currently is.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Reetus wrote:words.
I'm sure Ryan can do all your offering to do at a better deal for him. If it was just a matter of setting up a couple things and pressing "play", he would have done it already. As it stands he is still taking donations on hybrid via pm. I haven't been able to find any lawsuits against Ryan from ea, but there seems to be something. He redid all of the sites in a matter of 30 minutes to an hour. When it comes to knowledge of how to run the store, he has it. Maybe, he received another love letter from another company stating how much they'd love for him to continue emulating their product.

And yes, it makes decent money. Just take for instance one legendary transaction of skill balls to obtain an inquis...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

I'm not saying Ryan doesn't have the ability, but clearly doesn't have the time, hence why I'm offering a managed solution.

Those 'magepoint' transactions don't happen all the time.