Legit ways to balance archery?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
royal kapero2

Legit ways to balance archery?

Post by royal kapero2 »

According to the publish from trinket/garb, the base damage of bows is too high,

Mortal should be on cooldown too.

The current era:

the magic trap damage is wrong, insane damage

the delay to stop and shot is off (was confirmed by EOS),
viewtopic.php?f=14&p=145085#p145085

the multi clientins harvesting the fletching runics automatically. If heartwood would be policed by pvpers?

the cu sidhes should get released after two deaths, yeah ! Think about fixing faction too.

Or If we are so much custom and ignore everything , we should drop defense by 50% or even 100% at 120 archery skill. how can archer have any defense ability, blocking hits with a wooden bow?
Nocturne

Re: Legit ways to balance archery?

Post by Nocturne »

It is just my opinion, I hope I do not offend anyone.
If I play on this server it is because there are not many with ML expansion.
I agree that the pvp needs a lot of changes, starting with the explosion potions PLEASEE.
They should also eliminate the possibility of riding cu, hiryu .. if you don't have animal taming skill, i love faction system or war guild.
ATM the best template is wizard with archery.. mortal concusión, curse and explo in the same char.. LOL .. spell chanelling prop dont should appear in weapon range.
see you !!
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Just fix mana leech. Use the right formula and half of that for archery.

Legit way to balance archers ^
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

would effect a lot of other characters to change mana leech...

archery is pretty well countered with a shield and parry?

i think dexxers should kill archers, and kinda do.. just dexxers have a hard time finishing people. mages pwn dexxers tho, and most people play mage. the archers pwn the mages is all.. and no-one is playing dexxer in pvp.

it's a bit tricky i suppose, because the archers have bushido parry as well
alllex likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

royal kapero2 wrote: December 1st, 2020, 7:53 pm how can archer have any defense ability, blocking hits with a wooden bow?
clearly you've never watched Arrow :P

120 bushido lol

tho suppose he is really using mostly 120 wrestling... maybe keep bushido parry but lose wep skill evasion? or just make it less?
maybe you'll get some tactics mages

do pvp archers even use bushido? if not that's probably why dexxers can beat em, and kinda enough already, just no-on playing dexxer.

only time an archers gets anywhere near killing me is if they use something else as well, like fairies or conflag potions, the arrows dont do much damage, but mortal and damage spam so you cant remove it can be a problem... could just carry apple tho. or just run a lil then the combo is busted. just hard to kill em and end up chasing them across the map. i think archer for mage is a very different fight.

i dont think the problem with archers is actually archery, it's the runic bows. everyone is rolling with like a perfect 5 mod wep, cos the runic quest is being farmed so hardcore. the top fletching and carp tools are like 1kk each or something, imagine warriors if valorite hammers were 1kk each..

yeah they have 1 less property if i remember right, but the material bonus makes up for it. they are designed to be as hard to get as the hammers really. that's why it's not balanced. i can keep up with them alright, but thinkin about it, i have spent like 700kk or more on runic crafting over the years to get the weps i have, pretty much every pvp archers will have a comparible wep, and prolly spend <70kk

just make the quest drop a bod instead?

not much you can do about the backlog of epic bows tho.

sick of getting idocs that are just full of bows too ;P
bod books on the other hand are one of the best things you can find.

honestly i'd bump that to the top of the to do list, cos it will fix many things, like evenyone afk farming the same thing, idocs full of shit bow crafts and worthless low level runic tools with all the decent crafts picked out anyway, OP archers and stickpires, opens up a new industry for some ambitious player to invest in, gets players having to trade between eachother more, elevates the value of existing items; loads of stuff.

already have all the art and code structure, and the place to put it in. just have to write it.

it would even bring the game closer to the complete age clone, which is kinda a core mission standing order type thing anyway.

.... gonna get some poison and bleed weps :P
does anything have both?

you could even put it actually on the vendors properly instead, wouldn't be any more work really. then once heartwood is cleared out, can do something with that, cos it's kinda david bowie'd at the moment.
Will-twins likes this.
mguerine

Post by mguerine »

Mortal should have a cooldown.

Bolas should be nerfed (put a chance to hit the opponent as any other action on pvp).

Riding cu sidhe or other pet shouldn't be allowed for non tamers chars.

Melee weapon's base damage should be way higher than it is.
“Men fight wars. Women win them.”
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

dont think should nerf bolas.. they are hard to use tbh; you have to dismount and unequip both weps.

melee wep base damage is not low.. just everyone's armour is epic. it is a bit daft tho in pvp that you can only rly do damage with ai.
Will-twins likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

just thinkin about bola.. something like that should be interruptable if the enemy uses the counter..

see this is the problem, if it's hard to use, then it doesn't need a counter - cos you might mess it up or be slow, miss, etc.
if it's easy to use, then enemy should have the opportunity to counter it - then it becomes a choice whether you go for it or not, risking the negative effects (think counterspell from wow).

if people are scripting then it's easy to use, if not then it's hard to use. so it's difficult to design for, because the 2 users are having a different experience..

however, there is already a delay in the time it takes to dismount and start swinging the bola.. so maybe just run away when they do? or kill the mount? there already kinda are ways to counter it, just not directly.

is bola instant hit every time? or does it have a chance to fail?
maybe put in a parry chance? when they unequip wep they lose all their wep skill evasion chance as well, so there's a choice in attacking or defending too.

i think ultimately though... you should just assume everyone doing the pvp is scripting.

maybe that's your answer; design all the pvp for scripts, and design all the pvm for no-scripts. have to crack down on afk gathering a bit though.

maybe just make it so you cant remount a pet in combat? i dunno, just some ideas..
Will-twins

Post by Will-twins »

Archery is ok stop crying playing a warrior if you lag go archery you were good at it.
G b r L

Post by G b r L »

Will-twins wrote: December 9th, 2020, 11:19 pm Archery is ok stop crying playing a warrior if you lag go archery you were good at it.
Sounds like a big KP crying :lol: :lol:

About archer, it is completely normal, considering that it is easily countering by bushido / parry or parry / alch with overcaped DCI, and for you to hit an arrow is 1/5. If it is to fix something, I would say to fix the overcaps, both DCI and resist.
Another thing we need to talk about is modified clients and the limitations imposed by the staff at UOSteam, what is the point of this? bearing in mind that most players use UOClassic/UOStealth or use some illegal to break the negotiation features with the server.
The Llama Vortex

Post by The Llama Vortex »

Splintering