Questions to staff: CUB event, strange contraption, and whatever else is in the pipelines

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Gargl Kark

Questions to staff: CUB event, strange contraption, and whatever else is in the pipelines

Post by Gargl Kark »

Hey staff,

could you give us an update what you are up to?
What are the thoughts about the direction of Demise?

Some kind of sketchy roadmap would be helpful, any hint greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

GK
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
tank, Frasier, Matiu and 2 others like this.
madwhite

Re: Questions to staff: CUB event, strange contraption, and whatever else is in the pipelines

Post by madwhite »

I hear they plan on getting rid of insurance and giving every character 4-7 personal bless deeds to make things more interesting.
Gargl Kark

Re: Questions to staff: CUB event, strange contraption, and whatever else is in the pipelines

Post by Gargl Kark »

madwhite wrote: February 28th, 2021, 9:44 pm I hear they plan on getting rid of insurance and giving every character 4-7 personal bless deeds to make things more interesting.
ok, thanks for the update.
Could you say who said that?

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

madwhite wrote: February 28th, 2021, 9:44 pm I hear they plan on getting rid of insurance and giving every character 4-7 personal bless deeds to make things more interesting.

they'll be up to something, but they wont tell people what; they never do really.

best we can do is give suggestions/ideas, but people aren't supposed to have fore-knowledge if they do change something, makes it fair i guess.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Gargl Kark wrote: March 1st, 2021, 9:53 am
ok, thanks for the update.
Could you say who said that?
That is something madwhite said just to start a rumor!
madwhite and Gargl Kark like this.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

So I will assume that all the many attempts to get involved and to offer help go by unanswered. On the one hand I am grateful that we are free to play on someone else's infrastructure, and also I do my best to be helpful wherever I can.

On the other hand: yo guys, ffs, step up and give us answers! As much as we pay due respect to staff, as much we can demand to be taken seriously. PLEASE have some dignity and at least TALK to us.
Please do :)

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Gargl Kark wrote: May 14th, 2021, 11:33 am So I will assume that all the many attempts to get involved and to offer help go by unanswered. On the one hand I am grateful that we are free to play on someone else's infrastructure, and also I do my best to be helpful wherever I can.

On the other hand: yo guys, ffs, step up and give us answers! As much as we pay due respect to staff, as much we can demand to be taken seriously. PLEASE have some dignity and at least TALK to us.
Please do :)
its not a good idea dude.. they'll just get trolled by the pvp lot.

have faith in the uo gods and leave them to it tbh. :P

end of the day it wouldn't change any time table they have to tell you about it, the only thing it would do is cause drama and lead to unfair stuff with some people knowing what to expect and others not.

they might not be working on anything... but either way, what good would it do to say?
all it could possibly do is complicate things.

end of the day they've been doing this a while now, they probably know what they're doing from previous events.

---

Proverb
a camel is a horse designed by a committee

An expression critical of committees — or by analogy, group decision-making — by emphasizing the ineffectiveness of incorporating too many conflicting opinions into a single project through compromise. In this figure of speech, the distinguishing features of a camel, such as its humps and poor temperament, are taken to be the deformities that resulted from its poor design.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Calvin wrote: May 14th, 2021, 12:53 pm
what good would it do to say?
It would give people something to look forward to.

While it seems like it's not much, it can mean a whole lot to many people.

The way I see it, doesn't have to have any big details, just something along the lines of "Brace yourselves, June 18-25 will be exciting"

Gives no advantage to anyone whatsoever, but it gives you something to look forward to ;)
april0395

Post by april0395 »

Made In Quebec wrote: May 14th, 2021, 3:26 pm
The way I see it, doesn't have to have any big details, just something along the lines of "Brace yourselves, June 18-25 will be exciting"
I can already hear the "UGH, THIS is what we were supposed to be looking forward to?! Lame!" 🤣
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.