Where's everyone!

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
MaliceMajere

Where's everyone!

Post by MaliceMajere »

Hey guys.
I've been on Demise since 2010.
Played pretty regularly until about 3-4 years ago where life got busy with business , kids , other interests etc... so I've pretty much just logged in once or twice a month and for Halloween Town.
I've recently felt the want to play a bit more and I can't help but to notice that the server seems considerably more dead.
Even the forum seems pretty quiet. There used to be 10+ sales posts a day and now I see one every couple of days.
Where's everyone? I log in and it says there 500-600 players but all I see is 3-4 people in Luna.
Just curious
Malice Majere | Raziel Majere | Sturm Majere | Leshrach Majere | Raistlin Majere | Theros Ironfield
Misa Amane likes this.
The Silvertiger

Re: Where's everyone!

Post by The Silvertiger »

MaliceMajere wrote: March 17th, 2021, 10:56 am Where's everyone?
https://discord.gg/QKgFnAU
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

less reason to be at luna cos no-one is buying or selling there.. for some reason....

vendor mall and shop gates are a better indicator.

but there was a while when the bots took over, and people that weren't playing uo to write scripts didn't upgrade and got kinda out-paced..

uosteam runs so fast in pvp that it all started coming down to people's pings as well.
so uosteam kinda simultaniously nuked the pvm and pvp..

they're cracking down a lot (maybe a bit too much), on the botting and such now, so might get better. there was a time when you could run like 20 clients with 20 bots on VPN afk farming stuff :/

so a lot of players just kinda drifted off as redundant.

they're all still here, just waiting for somethign to play :)
MaliceMajere

Post by MaliceMajere »

The Luna comment was more towards the lack of population/players in general.
I conducted 90% of my business through the forum and vendor gate.
I'm not a banksitter but it's nice to see lots of players buzzing around going about their business and actually communicating in game and buy/sell threads with lots of interest. Maybe I'm just nostalgic for days gone by , even if there was all kinds of drama and corruption.
I'm happy to see staff cracking down on that crap though. This server has had shady practices and players as far as I can remember. I just hope it doesnt take to much more of a toll on the population.
Also playing the same ML content for 8 years can be a bit stagnant so that doesnt help.
Malice Majere | Raziel Majere | Sturm Majere | Leshrach Majere | Raistlin Majere | Theros Ironfield
madwhite likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

we do have a lot of the new items, they mean you redesign your suit a bit in many cases, so it does keep things interesting. they're added in slghtly different ways generally.

just we aren't putting in stuff like imbuing or gargoyles because it's too big of a change.

we do get updates, just ones that can be integrated into ML, not ones that change the whole game.
end of the day people aren't looking to start an entirely new game really.

but there is actually quite a lot new/added, spell weaving, runic fletching kits and saws, jewelry crafting, event areas, lots of new deco items to build homes, trinket, garb, luck jewelry set - the key items that are the new max. see they knock on to other things and change what is the commonly required items. that is good in moderation.

if you ask me, it's the best version of the game available.
MaliceMajere

Post by MaliceMajere »

I'm familiar with all these things. 3-4 years ago when I stopped playing daily most of that was already introduced. Most ML goodies were introduced at that kick ass red gate event I think around 2012/13. I've also played through every Halloween town from 2012 until this past October and got my trinket , deco deed, etc... I also agree that our current AoS patch period is as good as it gets. I quit OSI in 2008 right before all the gargoyle garbage.
I would not be against seeing some custom content / items but I can see how that would go against the nature of the server.
Anyways , time will tell. For now I'm going to give Demise a good try again.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

MaliceMajere wrote: March 18th, 2021, 7:32 am I would not be against seeing some custom content / items but I can see how that would go against the nature of the server.
personally im hoping for a parallel game. so all the legacy content remains intact and unmodified, accessible, playable, etc.
but at the same time, have a fresh facet of custom content. they dont need to change any rules or items, add anything new, or anything like that. just create alternative ways do access them.

if they did it with some heart/lore and/or a good sense of humour, people will play it for the game itself, not the drops. you need to have the drops in there so people dont feel like there is an alternative way to better spend their play time, but it only has to be equal, not better - and fun.

it would give players the choice where to farm their stuff. new areas to figure out the best ways to farm them, figure out what drops what, etc.
MaliceMajere likes this.