UO Steam, Please Help!

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Vash

UO Steam, Please Help!

Post by Vash »

2 issues:

Unable to located Intel Graphics when connecting laptop to a monitor.

Runtime Patching Error "Packet Table Extraction Failed" if just on the laptop directly.

Please help, thank you!! Oh and razor is working but UOS is preffered
[L%C]
Vash - Necro/Tamer/Mage
Koga - Sampire
Advent - Crafter
Vash

Re: UO Steam, Please Help!

Post by Vash »

*Update*

I have fixed the Runetime patching error but correcting the client connecting from uo.exe to client.exe. Testing with monitor connected...
[L%C]
Vash - Necro/Tamer/Mage
Koga - Sampire
Advent - Crafter
Vash

Post by Vash »

*Update*

I am able to run UOSteam if I do not have my monitor connected, then connect after its open to run fine. Anyone know what setting on windows 10 to change and correct this issue? Thanks everyone!!
[L%C]
Vash - Necro/Tamer/Mage
Koga - Sampire
Advent - Crafter
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

I'm sorry I'm of no help here, but I admire the problem.
Never heard about something like it, tbh :O
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

im usually the last person to say this.. but install windows 10

+
windows 7 can work absolutally fine, but you do have to upgrade/tweak/customise it
your problem sounds like drivers and libraries. this is what windows is. the things that link the software and hardware together.

that is where your problem is. tbh steam probably uses some advanced gfx features - monitor thing is gfx as well, you might just need to updeate your gfx drivers, but a windows update will do everything anyway, could be like .net stuff, things like that, windows does all of that at the same time.

if that doesn't fix it then it's a hardware fault.
99% of the time tho, it is software. but hardware faults do happen.

if it is hardware then it'll be either motherboard or gfx card. but as i say, it's 99% sure to be a software fault.
corrupted or missing libraries or drivers.

it's a chain, you communicate with the program, which communicates with windows, which communicates with your hardware.
motherboard communicates with processor and gfx card, etc.
one of the links in the chain isn't wired up.
in the case of libraries it's like they are talking different languages and cant understand eachother, all it needs is a translation dictionary, alternatively if it's hardware, it's like one has brain damage and isn't communicating coherantly.

but the point is that a windows update is not actually about the UI at all, it's like a truck load of translation dictionaries and features that the programs can then use.

steam will be trying to use some kung fu your laptop doesn't have a manual for, you can get them all individually, but all the essential ones will be in the truck load.
Vash

Post by Vash »

Calvin wrote: May 12th, 2021, 8:07 am im usually the last person to say this.. but install windows 10

+
windows 7 can work absolutally fine, but you do have to upgrade/tweak/customise it
your problem sounds like drivers and libraries. this is what windows is. the things that link the software and hardware together.

that is where your problem is. tbh steam probably uses some advanced gfx features - monitor thing is gfx as well, you might just need to updeate your gfx drivers, but a windows update will do everything anyway, could be like .net stuff, things like that, windows does all of that at the same time.

if that doesn't fix it then it's a hardware fault.
99% of the time tho, it is software. but hardware faults do happen.

if it is hardware then it'll be either motherboard or gfx card. but as i say, it's 99% sure to be a software fault.
corrupted or missing libraries or drivers.

it's a chain, you communicate with the program, which communicates with windows, which communicates with your hardware.
motherboard communicates with processor and gfx card, etc.
one of the links in the chain isn't wired up.
in the case of libraries it's like they are talking different languages and cant understand eachother, all it needs is a translation dictionary, alternatively if it's hardware, it's like one has brain damage and isn't communicating coherantly.

but the point is that a windows update is not actually about the UI at all, it's like a truck load of translation dictionaries and features that the programs can then use.

steam will be trying to use some kung fu your laptop doesn't have a manual for, you can get them all individually, but all the essential ones will be in the truck load.
Thanks for the reply Calvin
[L%C]
Vash - Necro/Tamer/Mage
Koga - Sampire
Advent - Crafter
Calvin likes this.