Should I worry about Demise Server??

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Vash

Should I worry about Demise Server??

Post by Vash »

So, I have decided to come back to demise like many other times over the last 12 years. I'm curious if with changes I have heard about, do we need to worry about the servers going down permanently or is there a steady stream of players still coming back in short bursts?

I know we have many bots on the server which isn't ideal but fine with such low true player count. If anyone took a real guess, how many active players do we still have on the server and of those active, how many are pvp vs pme?

Thanks for reading and hope to get some decent responses!
[L%C]
Vash - Necro/Tamer/Mage
Koga - Sampire
Advent - Crafter
gonculator

Re: Should I worry about Demise Server??

Post by gonculator »

I'm new in the last few months. Haven't played since 2008
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Vash wrote: May 12th, 2021, 5:51 pm So, I have decided to come back to demise like many other times over the last 12 years. I'm curious if with changes I have heard about, do we need to worry about the servers going down permanently or is there a steady stream of players still coming back in short bursts?

I know we have many bots on the server which isn't ideal but fine with such low true player count. If anyone took a real guess, how many active players do we still have on the server and of those active, how many are pvp vs pme?

i would guess at about 200 active users in the offpeak, with another 400 odd that have characters waiting for events.
then about 1000 that have made accounts but dont play, intending to at some point.

probably like 10k accounts overall.

just guessing tho.

------------
halloween you will get the full 500-600 proper players logging in with mutiple accounts.
it's only quiet now because there's not much for the hardcore people to get.

but you are talking about a game people have played on and off for over 10 years, you cant expect them to be on every day.
they are very much still playing the game, just casually while there's no events on.

----------
i was playing that conquerers blade for a couple of months, but as soon as i stopped playing it, everything kinda fell apart, lost the season/battle pass progress, daily unlocks, etc. i dont think i'll go back to it much beyond playing the deathmatches. uo's not like that, you can take massive breaks and come back like you were there yesterday.

i've suggested things lke daily quests and stuff to keep people playing on like an hour to hour bases, keep them hooked kinda thing. but honestly, it might not be a good idea, cos im kinda resenting having lost the time on CB. very addictive in the short term, but it maybe sabotages the long term goals.
mrsunday

Post by mrsunday »

Calvin wrote: May 17th, 2021, 5:58 am
Vash wrote: May 12th, 2021, 5:51 pm So, I have decided to come back to demise like many other times over the last 12 years. I'm curious if with changes I have heard about, do we need to worry about the servers going down permanently or is there a steady stream of players still coming back in short bursts?

i would guess at about 200 active users in the offpeak, with another 400 odd that have characters waiting for events.
then about 1000 that have made accounts but dont play, intending to at some point.

just guessing tho.

------------
halloween you will get the full 500-600 proper players logging in with mutiple accounts.

but you are talking about a game people have played on and off for over 10 years, you cant expect them to be on every day.
they are very much still playing the game, just casually while there's no events on.

----------
i was playing that conquerers blade for a couple of months, but as soon as i stopped playing it, everything kinda fell apart, lost the season/battle pass progress, daily unlocks, etc. i dont think i'll go back to it much beyond playing the deathmatches. uo's not like that, you can take massive breaks and come back like you were there yesterday.

i've suggested things lke daily quests and stuff to keep people playing on like an hour to hour bases, keep them hooked kinda thing. but honestly, it might not be a good idea, cos im kinda resenting having lost the time on CB. very addictive in the short term, but it maybe sabotages the long term goals.
Massive break here. Good to be back.
Vash

Post by Vash »

Calvin wrote: May 17th, 2021, 5:58 am

just guessing tho.

------------

----------

Always have the most thought out answers Calvin. Thanks for your thoughts. I was more inquiring if anyone thinks we could lose access to the server or do we still have an active support system to keep the lights on? Also, looking for some people to run again with. I have my suited necro/weave/mage/tamer ready but its harder to remember everything after my last break of about 4 years. Still getting my old macros for spawns and such together.
[L%C]
Vash - Necro/Tamer/Mage
Koga - Sampire
Advent - Crafter
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

oh, we are now independant of RunUO, so demise is it's own server with it's own staff now :)
it's impossible for them to lose access to it now.

but it does put a bit more weight on their shoulders... not really though cos they were running it pretty independantly anyway, just with a remote owner. so this is better really :)

well, as long as people dont be total dicks to them or anything, cos it does mean if we lose the GMs, we lose the server.
Vampire337 likes this.
Keonean

Post by Keonean »

I Was actually about to pop back in for the first time in a while, I am unsure if my accounts are still here, will find out after the patch process.