Mage / Necro / Spellweave / Tamer - need advice.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
MaZa

Re: Mage / Necro / Spellweave / Tamer - need advice.

Post by MaZa »

1100 luck necro mage tamer
last:Totem
Circle = 9 room = 4 Art:Aegis
Circle = 8 room = 4 Art:Katana
Circle = 22 room = 5 Art:Jackals
Circle = 11 room = 4 Art:katana
Circle = 15 room = 2 Art:ring of elements
Circle = 13 room = 5 Art:Legacy of the Dread Lord
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Girion wrote:hi thanks for answer, i did read the guide yesterday just after my post. I still dont know if i get art in my backpack or i should run to the monster body :)

from the other hand i had a great help from a friend finding out Perless key gathering and bosses, so far im afraid to do that solo but after all this is mmo ;)
Doom artifacts, champ spawm replicas, lesser tokuno artifacts, peerless and ML artifacts all drop in your backpack unless you have 125 items (full) or you are overweight.
Girion

Post by Girion »

MaZa wrote:1100 luck necro mage tamer
last:Totem
Circle = 9 room = 4 Art:Aegis
Circle = 8 room = 4 Art:Katana
Circle = 22 room = 5 Art:Jackals
Circle = 11 room = 4 Art:katana
Circle = 15 room = 2 Art:ring of elements
Circle = 13 room = 5 Art:Legacy of the Dread Lord
How can you hold this amount of luck on mager/necro/tamer build :O
whats your SDI/LMC/MR on this set? Perhaps you could share your gear build?
Girion

Post by Girion »

zulu2401 wrote:
Girion wrote:hi thanks for answer, i did read the guide yesterday just after my post. I still dont know if i get art in my backpack or i should run to the monster body :)

from the other hand i had a great help from a friend finding out Perless key gathering and bosses, so far im afraid to do that solo but after all this is mmo ;)
Doom artifacts, champ spawm replicas, lesser tokuno artifacts, peerless and ML artifacts all drop in your backpack unless you have 125 items (full) or you are overweight.
Thank you for this information, now I feel safer. :)
MaZa

Post by MaZa »

I need rebuild suit :D get more lmc
100 lrc 24 lmc if use slayer spellbooks
https://youtu.be/Rb4GqVlOvOE - suit
9-15 circle if run 3ppl
22 cricle 5+ ppl
zerg power sucks in doom :D
P-nut Galleryy

Post by P-nut Galleryy »

I haven't done peerless on demise, but I used to run it a lot on Chesapeake OSI server. Good luck in your hunts. If you ever need a hunting partner hit me up. I am rather new as well and need to find people to hunt with.
Girion

Post by Girion »

Sure, no problem P-nut.

I went yesterday to that champ on christmas event, spamming thunderstorm, and invisibility + heal in circles 300k /h but its stupid like hell ;)
Girion

Post by Girion »

Hi,

Common practice in UO was always well setup key bindings and scripts for gameplay.
I play Necro/tamer/mage where my main adventages are Necromancy + spirit speak / my pet (cu cidhe or GD) / Spellweaving.
To make some PvM i use following setup:

1. bandage macro in UOS (key F1)

I've recorded bandaging my pet that is bonded, I've used :
Findtype 'idofpet'
bandage 'found'

2. Arcane empowerment (ctrl+z)
3. Corpse Skin (ctrl+x)
4. Poison strike (ctrl+c)
5. on F9/F10/F11 I got pet commands like all guard, all kill, all follow
6. on F5 i got small heal from UOS - casting heal if poisoned it cast cure / same on F6 i got normal greaterheal also from UOS.

I do not use many macros as I just came back to UO and trying to get used to this game.

Another problem I have i sometimes targeting an enemy, even if I would ctrl+shift to view plates its hidden below corpses plates etc.

My questions are:

1. Do you have any advices regarding binds / macros in UOS I could use to be more efficient?
2. do you use UOS and Easy UO at the same time? Maybe you could give me some advices on scripts for efficiency as well?
3. Any specific idea on how to deal with targeting a monster when shift+ctrl still does not allow to view monster plate?
4. Perhaps you could give me some general advices on ultima settings that you use?
5. General gameplay advices would be much apriciated.

Thank you for help in advance :)
gonthrax

Post by gonthrax »

Girion wrote:Hi,
My questions are:

1. Do you have any advices regarding binds / macros in UOS I could use to be more efficient?
2. do you use UOS and Easy UO at the same time? Maybe you could give me some advices on scripts for efficiency as well?
3. Any specific idea on how to deal with targeting a monster when shift+ctrl still does not allow to view monster plate?
4. Perhaps you could give me some general advices on ultima settings that you use?
5. General gameplay advices would be much apriciated.

Thank you for help in advance :)
1. It sounds like you have the basic keybinds that you need right now. There are always more you can make and more complex steam macros but they will come with time. Usually if I find myself doing a simple set of actions over and over I'll ask myself "Can I make a steam macro for this and would it improve my gameplay if I did?"

2. Here on Demise I use EUO for looting only. There are many loot scripts out there, find one to your liking. I used to use OpenEUO quite heavily as it is a very powerful tool but the more and more I use UOS the less I use OpenEUO. For most tasks UOS is a better tool although sometimes frustrating as it lacks a lot of the programming power of LUA.

3. For targeting there are a few options. For PvE I use the good old reflexes to get them on target or drag their bar quickly most of the time. You can always ctrl+shift and then rightclick off all the nameplates you don't want. Also if you start using an EUO looter, most of them have the option to hide corpses after they are looted so you won't have all that clutter. The other option is to use UOS to target, the simplest is just using getnememy 'filters' 'NEXT' (or) 'CLOSEST'. You can add to that by using findobject 'enemy' and an if statement for properties but I rarely use that.

4. My settings haven't changed much over the years, I do find using a higher resolution game window via UOS more enjoyable but that is just personal preference.

5. If you're comfortable playing a spellcaster tamer, I'd suggest taking the next step and dropping Vet for Eval. That way you have access to the full gambit of mage spells which will drastically increase your damage. Most mobs in the world are quite easy work with a Cu requiring very little, if any, healing. For the harder fights a greater dragon has 1000 HP and is a great tank. I will say that I hated playing tamers previously. It was a do nothing class, all kill and stand behind your pets. Perhaps you whip out your guitar and play a little tune but that's it. With the eval tamer you get to be active, good fun on a pve char.
Girion

Post by Girion »

Oh thank you for your work on the post, much appreciated.

@About Eval vs Vet:

I was told that Spirit speak that I have on 110 would help me much with Wither spam, but eventually on large spawns I have to use Thunderstrike massively, even tho its draining mana like hell.
On these bigger fights indeed I'm not using veterinary at all, which in first place was very weird. Later on I realized that I have Gift of Renewal, and thats what heals my pet, rest what I do is doing dmg. Obviously its not that much good to spam poison strike as it casts very slowly, even if its AoE.

So again, my set is:

=================================
AT 110
AL 110
Necro 100
SS 110 (10 from braclet)
Magery 95
Spellweaving 95
Veterinary 90

Stats 125/10/90 (stat cap 225).

I got 100 LRC, 40 LMC, 50 SDI, reses on 60ish. Got my Cu CIdhe and GD bonded.
=================================

I would have 90 Eval, would it be enough? Thank you for tip on that Eval, I will reconsider it shortly.

@About macros:

I have additional macro for mouse roll, that is actually casting spell on nearest enemy, I believe its exactly what you wrote.
The key problem of my problem :) is that I dont know if I can have more efficiency on macros, need deeply analyse UOS and EUO to find some adventage.

@About EUO: I keep having client crash using any autoloot macro on it, even tho I tried most from EOU website, perhaps you could share some with me on priv.

@About name plates, thank you, i didnt know i can hide them ;O
BannerBruce

Post by BannerBruce »

Girjon. Dam Ci makro jak wrócę z pracy. Wyślij mi na priv jakich probowales