DCI question

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Amish Hammer

DCI question

Post by Amish Hammer »

Why does DCI only work against melee? both mobs and pvpers both hit physically and with magery. It doesn't really make sense to me that it wouldn't defend against magery either. I am not really complaining about it, just confused about it. Like its called defense chance increase, not physical defense chance increase. Could see this really pissing off alot of people if it defended both. Just throwing the question out there. Was it like a developer choice or did they just not think about it at the time.
Discord: Amish#1299
Ajani

Re: DCI question

Post by Ajani »

dci is simply the opposite of hci
then might as well combined di and sdi
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Why does DCI only work against melee?
not.
it works agains ranged too - example archers :P

for Spells u have - Parry / Resists /

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Shallan wrote:Why does DCI only work against melee?
not.
it works agains ranged too - example archers :P

for Spells u have - Parry / Resists /
you have to have parry and bushido for it to work
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

Casting is shit
BannerBruce

Post by BannerBruce »

Resist only allow you to low duration of spells and lowering damage. Its not like dci
BannerBruce

Post by BannerBruce »

"Defense Chance Increase (DCI) enhances your ability to defend yourself from melee or ranged attacks. It does not effect your chance to evade magical attacks."

http://www.uoguide.com/Defense_Chance_Increase
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

BannerBruce wrote:Resist only allow you to low duration of spells and lowering damage. Its not like dci
omg but its a countermeasure like parry. Plus Resistans spells agains curses etc :P
And i think parry didnt need bush to parry spell, just shield ;p

BannerBruce

Post by BannerBruce »

From uoguide

Parrying is used to completely block melee blows or archery shots from opponents. In usual practise you must equip a Shield in order to parry - Which type doesn't make a difference (unless the item has an additionally listed Defense Chance Increase bonus).

If you fail to parry, a shield offers no protection aside from any Item Properties it might have displayed (such as Resistances).
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

BannerBruce wrote:From uoguide

Parrying is used to completely block melee blows or archery shots from opponents. In usual practise you must equip a Shield in order to parry - Which type doesn't make a difference (unless the item has an additionally listed Defense Chance Increase bonus).

If you fail to parry, a shield offers no protection aside from any Item Properties it might have displayed (such as Resistances).
i can swear i see parry when spell was casted on some one with a shield.
Tryed to check it but i only found that u allready pasted. Some deeper searching must be made ;p

zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

DCI works against players not mobs. Serpents and rat archers will beat the shit out of you.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

zulu2401 wrote:DCI works against players not mobs. Serpents and rat archers will beat the shit out of you.
well, DCI work aswell again mosters
BannerBruce

Post by BannerBruce »

Yes. Probably Shallan u see Someone who use evade
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I will answer your question with... a question:

Why are glasses in the helm spot?

The answer: It's uo. Not real life.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Ajani likes this.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

I think we should be able to wear glasses and a hat

Casting is shit
Amish Hammer likes this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

guys i meant, why is it that dci makes it so melee misses, but magic is 100% accurate, sure you might have resisting, but that doesnt mean the spell isnt missing you, it just lessens the effect of it. I just though id mention it because its always been a game feature thats always bugged me.

@ajani That is another feature that really bugs me. I am wearing a hat my my reading glasses right now, dont know why its not possible in game. I mean the ear slot only has like 1 set of earrings that actually does anything and they cost millions and its only 3 resist. They should atleast add a feature where you can get better earrings or something because its a pretty useless slot for anyone that doesnt care about resist or doesnt have the millions to buy a pair of those earrings.
Discord: Amish#1299