DCI question

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Alhimikut

Re: DCI question

Post by Alhimikut »

In the days before insurance ruined UO, resisting spells was giving you a chance to totally resist the dmg from a spell or at least diminish it. Not it only works for curses and stuff and has lost its original meaning because of magical resits on items. This was what you are looking for now :)
Legendary Noob

My chars are:
Fermina Daza: Legendary Banksitter
Isabelle Salazar: Noob Sampire
Anti Social: Master of Felucca house hiding
BannerBruce likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Amish Hammer wrote:guys i meant, why is it that dci makes it so melee misses, but magic is 100% accurate, sure you might have resisting, but that doesnt mean the spell isnt missing you, it just lessens the effect of it. I just though id mention it because its always been a game feature thats always bugged me.

@ajani That is another feature that really bugs me. I am wearing a hat my my reading glasses right now, dont know why its not possible in game. I mean the ear slot only has like 1 set of earrings that actually does anything and they cost millions and its only 3 resist. They should atleast add a feature where you can get better earrings or something because its a pretty useless slot for anyone that doesnt care about resist or doesnt have the millions to buy a pair of those earrings.
Actually spells do miss. You should do some dueling... Sometimes it takes a bazillion times to drop a poison. Or when a monster tries to curse you, you get a msg you are resisting and the spell misses (usually curses.)

I must return to the idea that this isn't real life. I could be just delusional and have it all backwards. I mean if I wanted to I could wear a bandana (talkeesh,) a helmet shaped like an orc skull (orc chieftain helm,) a floppy wizard hat (hom,) and glasses (dci glasses.) I mean knights in medieval times wore leather and mail, yet I can only wear one or the other. I could wear a cloak and a quiver at the same time. I got 10 fingers and 2 wrists. That's 10 rings I could wear (6 crystallines :O 120 mage and focus! )... I could wear 2 ornys (yay lets go thunderstorm!)

At this point to separate glasses and hats into two different slots would be almost like adding imbuing. These are the ways that the people who made this game chose to make it.

That's just a few thoughts concerning your hats and glasses issue. As far as dci: dci and resisting spells are very similar.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
xG00BERx and Amish Hammer like this.
Silent Shadow

Post by Silent Shadow »

zulu2401 wrote:DCI works against players not mobs. Serpents and rat archers will beat the shit out of you.
rly? :lol:
its dont matter are you attacked by another char or by ratman
rtfm
Let us take a look at pure skill points first. If your skill matches their skill then the chance for you to be hit is 50%. If you have 120 Wrestling to their 120 Swordsmanship it is 50%. What if you only have 100 Wrestling to their 120 skill? It is not so bad with them hitting you now 58% of the time. It is a lack of Defense Chance Increase which will change things dramatically.
http://www.uoguide.com/Defense_Chance_Increase
ratman like any pc\npc have combat skill (archery\wrest)
thats why if you are farmin spawn with you pvm mage WITHOUT wrest\anat\-mage skill weapon - thats nothin surprisingly for me that you a takin every fkin hit :lol:
WTB Ring 50 EP HCI DCI (up to 20kk)
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Go stand around tier four coon spawn and tell me that with 120 wrestle and 45 Dci.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Probably a ratman bug. You can really tell the difference in dci when fighting peerless.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."