Hourly Lag spike

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
medamaude

Re: Hourly Lag spike

Post by medamaude »

I've been having some of both. I get some lag that seems to be tied to my computer (Windows updates I'm guessing). But then I also get those 10-20 second lag spikes in the evening, and a lot of times they seem to happen at the exact same time as several other people. It'll freeze, and then when it comes back there are 2-3 people in guild chat talking about lag. So I'm thinking some of it has to be the server (unless Windows update is just fucking everybody at the same time?? idk).
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

There's definitely a server associated lag spike. As previous poster stated, I have been in groups with people from multiple regions of the world and of various computer levels(those running xp or other such trash computers to those running the latest and greatest,) and have had these lags where everyone froze. I also don't believe that it's due to anything on the server or that the staff members can do. Take for instance I've had all of my internet dependent programs stop working at exactly 7am EST days in a row. Maybe some computer based company starts their work day at that time and all of the connections give an initial strain to the isp's.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
ahkt87

Post by ahkt87 »

suiris wrote:I've read somewhere people with similar issues on Win10 fixed them by forcin UOS to start as administrator, also you can try changing compatibility settings.Both options are on the same place, right click on UOS icon and choose properties.

2017-02-24 11_00_48-Hourly Lag spike - UOGamers_ Demise.png

This actually fixed my client issue i ran it in windows 7 mode with administrator on and instantly my client ran smoother all around
I once ate an entire goat. :beathorse:
TheBeef

Post by TheBeef »

Another Update....just as fast as by issues went away, they came roaring back with a vengeance. I am now going to try running in Windows 7 Comp. Mode too.
ahkt87

Post by ahkt87 »

TheBeef wrote:Another Update....just as fast as by issues went away, they came roaring back with a vengeance. I am now going to try running in Windows 7 Comp. Mode too.
May also want to try xp if 7 mode dosn't do the trick
I once ate an entire goat. :beathorse: