Legal autolooting?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
TheBeef

Legal autolooting?

Post by TheBeef »

I love me some Ulitma Online. I have loved it since 1998. But, one persistent issue that has always bothered me is looting a corpse manually. Is there a legal way ( I am not interested in walking the line toward illegality, so it needs to be legal), to set up a looting macro that can grab the gold and sift through the garbage so that I don't have to do it over and over again? Help is much appreciated.
Tanya likes this.
Gargl Kark

Re: Legal autolooting?

Post by Gargl Kark »

plain and simple, there is none.
The rule does not refer to a specific script or technique, but focuses on the action. Any automated interaction with corpses are subject to this rule.
sorry to disappoint you man.
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

I believe the rule is "Dont get caught".
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

TheBeef

Post by TheBeef »

I just re-read the posted shard rules and I dont see where it forbids autolooting. Maybe I am missing something.
Tanya likes this.
BCrowly

Post by BCrowly »

Most of the things that they try to control "such as autolooting" it's pointless, you can disable autolooting but there's scripts avaiable to do autoloting without needing uosteam, like the heal feature with the uosteam, like comon...
kolbycrouch

Post by kolbycrouch »

ortiz wrote:I believe the rule is "Dont get caught".
TheBeef

Post by TheBeef »

If I write a script that will open a corpse, grab the gold, and maybe an item that meets parameters, but I dont automate it, so I still have to push a live button to run it each time, is that even autolooting? Or would that be considered 1 button looting like my heal macro is 1 button healing?
BCrowly

Post by BCrowly »

TheBeef wrote:If I write a script that will open a corpse, grab the gold, and maybe an item that meets parameters, but I dont automate it, so I still have to push a live button to run it each time, is that even autolooting? Or would that be considered 1 button looting like my heal macro is 1 button healing?
It's still autolooting, but the thing is, a lot of people does it already, and as someone mentioned before, Try to not get caught, but i say, that's pointless, or one side or another.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

TheBeef wrote:I just re-read the posted shard rules and I dont see where it forbids autolooting. Maybe I am missing something.
I had same problem, was not sure if auto loot gold is legal or not, but today i am sure 100% it is legal. Here is prove:

EasyUO may be used, but only for actions possible and allowed in Razor/UOSteam.

In UO Steam you can code a left mouse click, so just use gridded loot system in settings,
and when monster dead it will make left mouse click (find correct coordinates and it will click screen exactly on gold)

Click Screen
Use your mouse to click coordinates on your screen.
You can prevent moving the mouse by using suffix "!".
Usage
clickscreen (x) (y) ['single'/'double'] ['left'/'right']
Sample
// Single left click moving cursor at 200, 500
clickscreen 200 500
// Single right click without moving cursor at 400, 150
clickscreen! 400 150 'single' 'right'

And this:

In-Game Rules​
No unattended gathering.
Looting, farming Doom artifacts, minor artifacts, lesser Treasures of Tokuno

So... looks like when you are attended, and watch your screen and auto loot gold, it is 100% legal. :)
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

thanks for clarification.
I remember on the old forum there was a statement that auto interacting with corpses was illegal. A quick search on this forum did not get results, so maybe staff want to comment on this?
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
TheBeef

Post by TheBeef »

I would like to get a staff comment too before I try anything.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

well in most CASE,

frst players use auto open corpse

after all players looting manual, they cant reply all players when someone speak them, because they dont have time, they need looting corpse before it disapire...

aswell, if someone make them die, it mean they was busy with looting and dont have time running for save* char, i mostly run save :), but most ppl prefer looting manual and get killed self

hmm, are you wanna know something other questen, like how ppl lumberjacking ? [ https://youtu.be/AFZgWyksz2s?t=34s ]
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Use easyuo. People do it during PvP. People do it during pvm. No one gives two shits anymore
Shallan and Necrodog like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

ortiz wrote:I believe the rule is "Dont get caught".
And as far as I know no one has been checked for autolooting since the last regime. I don't think it is a desired action or they would just fully enable it. I'm pretty sure they don't know all the leet scripts out there such as the click gridded loot. They disabled uosteam autoloot function and disallowed dragging gold from a corpse, so do you think they desired autolooting? And apart from the screen click it would be illegal because you would have to use easyuo to do a disallowed action in uos. So until they enforce the rule the quote above is the best answer.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

well while we are talking about it.......you can just add it to a macro so there for it is something you can do in steam so how is it not allowed?
"EasyUO may be used, but only for actions possible and allowed in Razor/UOSteam."
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
zulu2401 likes this.