Returning after 7 years

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
ulrichgaming

Returning after 7 years

Post by ulrichgaming »

It's interesting returning after so long. My houses are gone (hope you all enjoyed the IDOC's) Spellweaving is not working on any of my characters as it says I need to complete the quests to use these spells. Which is fine, I wanted to do the quests back when you just bought the book for 50k. I know there was botting back then, but it seems to be out of control now. Are there Mod's anymore? I used the help function to summon one, and no one came. Is this the way that it is? Do what ever you want, no rules apply? I'll continue to play by the rules, and help the community as I can. Is there a market for pets? My guild used to be big into selling pets. Colored Hyru were the big thing back then. Anyway glad to be back, sad to see all the bots, especially in heartwood.
pimpinez and Gargl Kark like this.
TheBeef

Re: Returning after 7 years

Post by TheBeef »

Welcome back, old friend. Yes, pets can still be a valuable farming activity. Cu's are the thing now, and I would glad to start you off with some decent Cus to get you started.
ulrichgaming

Post by ulrichgaming »

Thank you friend, hard to believe some folks of old are still around. Do they tame the same? Meaning stats drop 50% once tamed? I'll need to research them so I know what to expect... lol
The Instigator

Post by The Instigator »

what was the guild you were in?
ahoy.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

welcome back!
The GMs disappeared when the old forum crashed. You can read up on when this was in the shard news section.
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Birkita

Post by Birkita »

welcome back there are gms around but they do checks at the same time each week so everyone knows when to stop that does bot I'm not among those people I find the devastation it causes to the market to not be worth it
ulrichgaming

Post by ulrichgaming »

I was the guild leader of OoM Order of Metlied. Wasn't the founder so I have no idea what Metlied is, probably a last name lol. It wasn't a huge guild, I think at it's peak we had around 15 players. It was more about having the right people for us not the huge numbers. That's unfortunate about the GM's.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

I always find it soothing to see an old player come back.

I don't really know you, but I hope you'll have fun once again on Demise :)

A while ago, I had a program called Demise's Homes for The Homeless, in which I would provide new player and players coming back with a house and some basic needs.

Would that be of interest to you? It's free of charge of course, and is nothing more than a token of my gratitude to the Demise community for time well spent in game.

Just let me know, and if you are interested, and I'll drop by today after work and get working on a house for ya'!
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

ulrichgaming wrote: sad to see all the bots,
It might be sad but .............

Popcorn is in Wind Trammel killing solens running an interesting script
Many ways to mess with that script
Popcorn sacred journeys to a few different spots there and it doesn't take long to know them and the routine

One way to mess with the script

I lure the solens from each spot to the other side of the rock walls but directly across from Popcorn and watch that character go back and forth trying to find a path to the solen
This only works when the two of us are the only ones there
Syn_2-28_07.55.jpg
Syn_2-28_07.55.jpg (220.15 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
Syn_2-28_07.55-1.jpg
Syn_2-28_07.55-1.jpg (216.47 KiB) Viewed 3844 times

This is another way to mess with the script

Syn_2-28_07.54-1.jpg
Syn_2-28_07.54-1.jpg (227.99 KiB) Viewed 3844 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Any chance he can step in acid and die?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:Any chance he can step in acid and die?
These don't have that acid stuff the ones in the "hive" do
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Hugsforpeace likes this.
Hugsforpeace

Post by Hugsforpeace »

My entire family could die in a car crash right now, but thanks to Bama at least I could have a chuckle afterward.
Hugsforpeace, The Skunt, Doom Boss, WhoreForHire

I'm a creepy weeaboo
ulrichgaming

Post by ulrichgaming »

Made In Quebec wrote:I always find it soothing to see an old player come back.

I don't really know you, but I hope you'll have fun once again on Demise :)

A while ago, I had a program called Demise's Homes for The Homeless, in which I would provide new player and players coming back with a house and some basic needs.

Would that be of interest to you? It's free of charge of course, and is nothing more than a token of my gratitude to the Demise community for time well spent in game.

Just let me know, and if you are interested, and I'll drop by today after work and get working on a house for ya'!

Thank you very much, and that is a very honorable program :) Luckily with all my toons in tact I had enough in the banks to build n 18x18 almost in the same spot as my original Guild Castle. I've been mostly getting used to my tamers again, and starting the process of getting spellweaving active on my toons that had it. kind of wrecked my builds by having it inactive, but I'll enjoy the adventures, and learning these characters again. my necro/spellweaver tamer is almost through the quest... just need some exodus minions. I'll scout the exodus dungeon with one of my stealth characters, and then plan my journey. having Brimstone my stealth/mage/spellweaver in there also gives me a res point if need be. That's a dungeon I didn't venture solo often so it should be interesting. Brim will most likely be the next one to do the quest... that will be challenging to say the least as I'm learning to play the mage again, and his main skill was spellweaving. If you would like to join me if our times line up, I wouldn't mind the company of good people. :)
Gargl Kark likes this.
ulrichgaming

Post by ulrichgaming »

Bama wrote:
ulrichgaming wrote: sad to see all the bots,
It might be sad but .............

Popcorn is in Wind Trammel killing solens running an interesting script
Many ways to mess with that script
Popcorn sacred journeys to a few different spots there and it doesn't take long to know them and the routine

One way to mess with the script

I lure the solens from each spot to the other side of the rock walls but directly across from Popcorn and watch that character go back and forth trying to find a path to the solen
This only works when the two of us are the only ones there

Syn_2-28_07.55.jpg

Syn_2-28_07.55-1.jpg

This is another way to mess with the script

Syn_2-28_07.54-1.jpg
lol, yes there is always that. If it wasn't illegal dropping a hiryu near the bot spawn would be a joy... :)
ulrichgaming

Post by ulrichgaming »

TheBeef wrote:Welcome back, old friend. Yes, pets can still be a valuable farming activity. Cu's are the thing now, and I would glad to start you off with some decent Cus to get you started.
lol you have to be elf to tame Cus... and of course Magda my peace tamer is a human. My other tamer is an elf so it is possible just might be more difficult depending on how friendly Cus are. :)