Boatman should not take commands from ghosts.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Alvin

Boatman should not take commands from ghosts.

Post by Alvin »

I feel a boatman should not listen to commands from ghosts. As it is now one ghost can successfully sabotage entire boat fight - simply by jumping on the enemy boat and spamming "lower anchor". I think this subject was raised years ago, but never got concluded.
If you are worried about newbies getting stucked on a boat, unable to reach shores - perhabs this change could be to felucia only.

Also I noticed that boat keeps getting stucked on blood: some champions use bleeding attack, blood spills on the water and the boat stops moving.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
EmilyIta

Re: Boatman should not take commands from ghosts.

Post by EmilyIta »

agree
LadyReira and Alvin like this.
Hugsforpeace

Post by Hugsforpeace »

Pretty ballsy to assume a tiller persons skills and hobbies outside of what you perceive to be his only life calling this day and age.

Also, why does he have to be a boatman? Because he looks like the missing link wearing a bandanna?

Edit-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_piracy

Looks like there were several successful female boat captains, so maybe you should tone down your CIS agenda a bit eh?
Hugsforpeace, The Skunt, Doom Boss, WhoreForHire

I'm a creepy weeaboo
Brad

Post by Brad »

You're so woke.
Necrodog likes this.
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Stfu brad
Maloskies likes this.
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

I agree with Alvin that both issues should be addressed even though I was the one spamming drop anchor :D
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

If the owner of the boat is on that specific boat and has the key insured etc etc then he should be THE OWNER and others shouldn't be capable of giving the tiller man any commands.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

I was a ghost on a boat one time who made a macro to spam so Hz couldn't get to our spawn........... not recently tho
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
suiris

Post by suiris »

If you want to stop a ghost hopping to your boat you should lock your gang planks.
What if you are a lone fisherman and die on a boat in the middle of the sea?
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

1. Even the owner cant board a boat with it locked. So that's the answer to stupid statement number 1.
2. Out of the 400 retarded things you have posted about opy this thread makes more sense than all of them combined. You don't understand because you're stupid.
3. The owner of a boat should be just that. The owner. Boats decay much much faster than houses and can also be placed in your backpack so theres no chance of them becoming a problem such as housing. It will probably never be fixed due to the amount of coding it would take to solve a virtually nonexistent problem.
4. Alvin was probably just upset at the time he almost got away with our champ. Granted we only had four people my drop anchor spams prevented him from getting away on his own boat. Mephitis raped both of us so the fact one command overcomes two on the owners boat by another play is very frustrating. You must raise anchor and then give direction command. Drop anchor stops it.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

zulu2401 wrote:correct.
Devil's advocate:
#3 mutiny/haunting.

In actuality, I agree with Alvin. The only issue with this is a ghost being stuck on a boat in fel t2a, which is the area where this change would cause the most effect. They would have to buy a new boat every time the villainous dread pirate Frasier sank their battleship.

If it could be coded so that the boat owner, even as a ghost, has the ability to maneuver his/her/dudes boat that would probably be an ok osilike-but-better implementation.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Opywang wrote:ahhie that make sense, and yea that does sound annoying as hell lol.

WORDS WORDS WORDS GANDALF.
Stfu