Taming Jewellery

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Extremist223

Taming Jewellery

Post by Extremist223 »

Should I try to raise the real skill in taming, and how far should I go to control cu sidhe? When I used to play I used jewellery and mare white wyrm was the best. Just wondering what I should do. Thanks
Shake

Re: Taming Jewellery

Post by Shake »

I use taming jewelry to bond pets on chars that wouldnt normally have taming. IE Having a cu or mare on my pvper.

If the character is supposed to be a tamer, I would use real skill and save the jewls for casting.
Annnd right now we have greater dragons which are better than ww mare combo.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

be weird like me and do a hell hound pack or a frienzed ostard pack.
Discord: Amish#1299
Extremist223

Post by Extremist223 »

Amish I'm a power gamer going to go with the cu sidhe probably. I'm ready to give back that gear that you gave me. Any chance I can get you to craft some lrc? I can pay a bit, I just need some basic lrc nothing rediculous.
Amish Hammer likes this.
Retartifact

Post by Retartifact »

If you just looking for sheer overpowered PVE get a greater dragon, they have nearly double the health, better resists and skills that can cap out at over 130. They take 5 slots tho, so you wont be pvping with one but if you just looking to easy mode literally anything PVE related its hard to go wrong with a 1000 hp pet that has 80 phys / energy 90 fire and 50s cold poison resist with 130 wrestling and magery.

Cus are the more popular tho since they can be mounted, can cure their own poisons unlike hiryu (tho ru can dismount players in pvp I believe) and dont randomly invis themselves like greater dragons will occasionally do. Also they have nice energy / cold damage instead of physical.

If you want to be a little more unique and you have disco or necro on your tamer get two firesteeds. they only have like 240 hp and trash resists so they arent tanky like the above pets but they do fire damage which can be augmented with corpse skin, they can be mounted, and you can have two which gives them pack instinct bonus to damage... two of them on a corpse skinned opponent dish out so ludicrous damage contending with hell hounds but with 5x the hp as a hell hound pack.
TheBeef

Post by TheBeef »

102 taming/110 lore gives you 99% control over a Cu. That is the minimum I set my tamers at. 99% control over a GD takes more, somewhere around 110/110. It doesn't matter if its real skill or jewelry, just the you have those levels when you issue the command. Now, if you are actively taming Cus, that is where you will want higher taming or your fail rate will be massive.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

https://youtu.be/VD9J2qmC3Ws

just leave that little clip here to show off, plus wanted to try bandicam.
The Silvertiger and brett like this.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Amish Hammer wrote:just leave that little clip here to show off
700+ damage at one hit? Did I see that?

Edit: ah, no. It's just many red numbers on top of each other.
Anyway, I'm impressed.

Honor, Disco, 5 hell hounds - anything else?
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Amish Hammer likes this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Gargl Kark wrote:
Amish Hammer wrote:just leave that little clip here to show off
700+ damage at one hit? Did I see that?

Edit: ah, no. It's just many red numbers on top of each other.
Anyway, I'm impressed.

Honor, Disco, 5 hell hounds - anything else?
they are pretty intense man, sadly I couldnt fit necro into this template or else I would also corpse skin things justfor the added damage boost. Last time I used them regularly was during christmas town, me and a couple of guild members would do the rudolph peerless a couple of times in a row and if I could get the discord off on that thing, they would each do around 60-70 damage per hit like every 2 seconds or something like that, it was pretty impressive. the shitty weakness is their low hit points and the fact that if they get hit by an AOE attack I have a hard time healing them all back up quickly.
Gargl Kark likes this.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Amish Hammer wrote:corpse skin
I just read up on it: it's only 20 skill, so with human JOAT you could just use a scroll?
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List