My own land | A journey through an empty shard

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Gargl Kark

Re: My own land | A journey through an empty shard

Post by Gargl Kark »

*admin note: I notice that servUO too is not in a state close to UO or Demise. Many things that I take for granted have to be adjusted manually with a lot of research and actual programming. I'm spending 90% of time with research/config/coding/testing instead of playing. That's why I do not have so many updates for you guys. meh.
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

...but to keep the audience amused, here are some of the fruits I am privileged to harvest off my own land:
myOwnShardWeReNotWorthy.jpg
myOwnShardWeReNotWorthy.jpg (100.75 KiB) Viewed 8533 times
Beware the easter egg!
There's three quotes hidden in this picture:
  • If you identify all three of them, I'll buy you a drink.
  • If you google any one of them, you owe me a drink :)

Xionu

Post by Xionu »

Gargl Kark wrote:...but to keep the audience amused, here are some of the fruits I am privileged to harvest off my own land:
myOwnShardWeReNotWorthy.jpg

Beware the easter egg!
There's three quotes hidden in this picture:
  • If you identify all three of them, I'll buy you a drink.
  • If you google any one of them, you owe me a drink :)
Does this mean I can Bing the answers?
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Xionu wrote:Does this mean I can Bing the answers?
The penalty for that is, of course, Binge drinking.

Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

stage 7 - surprise at Barracoon

after burning through a stack of heartwood runics, I finally got a nice scorpion slayer, went to The Labyrinth with a nice little Miasma script. As the admin is a friend of mine, I bought him a drink and he let me have my way. No jail, no fail, you know how that works ("corrupted shard lol").
So it took me like a week to collect 12kk there and spend them in the Britain Library on the Mace and Shield Glasses, basically just for the extra stat points. Anyway, I'm not sure if this item really is so important, there are so many alternatives for the head slot.

Let that sink in for a sec - 12kk for Mace and Shield! I dare the whining part of you guys to do some research in the pricing section to compare this to Demise. It's uplifting ;)

I thought, yay, now Barracoon is all mine, let's grind DOZENS of times right now.
So I went.
I saw.
I failed.
Not once, but dozens of times.
fucketyfucketyfuck.fuckfuckfuck.

What an awkward situation. I mean, you can google this one, and while humankind is very good at disagreeing about EVERYTHING, the one thing that 7 billion people on this planet seem to agree on, is that Barracoon is the easiest champ ever and can be handled by mentally challenged three year old kids with only one hand and no eyesight.
But not me on my 127.0.0.1 shard.

So I tried to disassemble this issue, pulled the admin over for another drink, called Barracoon into Luna Arena, tried all sorts of different combos on him (but not lifting any skill above 100, since this was the point in going champ spawn), and ever failed.
Reading up on champ attributes, I found that Barracoon seems to have weaker stats on Demise than on servUO. Seems as if servUO copied the precise values that uoGuide.com has.
On uoGuide, they say Neira has by far the lowest stats of all champs. Also I noticed that Undead Slayer property is pretty frequent with HW saws, so in very short time I collected some quarter and black staffs, and took on the Unholy Terror Champ Spawn.

Here too I died, since it took me 4 hours instead of one on Demise to hack everything in sight to pieces.
The hard part was the last tier. I was used to just rip through it, so I ran straight into groups of rotting corpses and lich lords, and died reliably.
'Divide et Impera" saved me, isolating smaller groups of foes ultimately led to success.
Neira herself was no match at all. She went down like butter in the sunshine. I acutally AFKed this.
myOwnShardFallOfNeira.jpg
myOwnShardFallOfNeira.jpg (198.43 KiB) Viewed 8449 times
wow. (translate this to british english: jolly me, I'm flabbergasted.)

I'm not so sure how to continue. I'm reluctant so spend another 4 hours at Neira's, so I think I would have to gear up. Unsure about the ways, though.

If you guys have any ideas, let's discuss!

Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

P.S.: a 110 parry scroll did the trick on Barracoon.

Don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Brad

Post by Brad »

Updaaaate!
zulu2401

Post by zulu2401 »

Gargl Kark wrote:stage 7 - surprise at Barracoon

after burning through a stack of heartwood runics, I finally got a nice scorpion slayer, went to The Labyrinth with a nice little Miasma script. As the admin is a friend of mine, I bought him a drink and he let me have my way. No jail, no fail, you know how that works ("corrupted shard lol").
So it took me like a week to collect 12kk there and spend them in the Britain Library on the Mace and Shield Glasses, basically just for the extra stat points. Anyway, I'm not sure if this item really is so important, there are so many alternatives for the head slot.

Let that sink in for a sec - 12kk for Mace and Shield! I dare the whining part of you guys to do some research in the pricing section to compare this to Demise. It's uplifting ;)

I thought, yay, now Barracoon is all mine, let's grind DOZENS of times right now.
So I went.
I saw.
I failed.
Not once, but dozens of times.
fucketyfucketyfuck.fuckfuckfuck.

What an awkward situation. I mean, you can google this one, and while humankind is very good at disagreeing about EVERYTHING, the one thing that 7 billion people on this planet seem to agree on, is that Barracoon is the easiest champ ever and can be handled by mentally challenged three year old kids with only one hand and no eyesight.
But not me on my 127.0.0.1 shard.

So I tried to disassemble this issue, pulled the admin over for another drink, called Barracoon into Luna Arena, tried all sorts of different combos on him (but not lifting any skill above 100, since this was the point in going champ spawn), and ever failed.
Reading up on champ attributes, I found that Barracoon seems to have weaker stats on Demise than on servUO. Seems as if servUO copied the precise values that uoGuide.com has.
On uoGuide, they say Neira has by far the lowest stats of all champs. Also I noticed that Undead Slayer property is pretty frequent with HW saws, so in very short time I collected some quarter and black staffs, and took on the Unholy Terror Champ Spawn.

Here too I died, since it took me 4 hours instead of one on Demise to hack everything in sight to pieces.
The hard part was the last tier. I was used to just rip through it, so I ran straight into groups of rotting corpses and lich lords, and died reliably.
'Divide et Impera" saved me, isolating smaller groups of foes ultimately led to success.
Neira herself was no match at all. She went down like butter in the sunshine. I acutally AFKed this.

myOwnShardFallOfNeira.jpg

wow. (translate this to british english: jolly me, I'm flabbergasted.)

I'm not so sure how to continue. I'm reluctant so spend another 4 hours at Neira's, so I think I would have to gear up. Unsure about the ways, though.

If you guys have any ideas, let's discuss!
Dude this is the best goddamn. Story. Ever. It made me laugh so fuckin hard. Good shit. Keep em coming
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Brad wrote:Updaaaate!
zulu2401 wrote:Keep em coming
thx for the kudos, good to know you enjoy this.
There will be an update on the weekend I hope :)

ortiz and The Silvertiger like this.
Indika

Post by Indika »

it's literally cheaper to buy battle axes from NPC vendor to use to purchase Mace and Shields than to use the gold. just buy the battle axes to 999 and it cost 4-5kk
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Indika wrote:it's literally cheaper to buy battle axes from NPC vendor to use to purchase Mace and Shields than to use the gold. just buy the battle axes to 999 and it cost 4-5kk
True!
I found that afk farming Miasma is less of an effort than to get 88.889 axes from the bank to the library. And since gold doesn't mean really so much on this empty shard, that was an easy decision.

hrs024 likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Gargl Kark wrote:
Indika wrote:it's literally cheaper to buy battle axes from NPC vendor to use to purchase Mace and Shields than to use the gold. just buy the battle axes to 999 and it cost 4-5kk
True!
I found that afk farming Miasma is less of an effort than to get 88.889 axes from the bank to the library. And since gold doesn't mean really so much on this empty shard, that was an easy decision.
Bro, you need a script. ;)
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Brad

Post by Brad »

Gm's a real asshole and doesn't like afk scripters.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

I'm a bit late for the update, sorry guys... couldn't make it earlier.
Here's why:

TREASURE HUNTING SUCKS!
Oh how I hate it!
It's worse than stalinistic communism! It's small pox, swine flu, ISIS and late night talk shows combined in a single, nerve throttling, dull, ever repeating cycle of meaningless, fun-breaking dose of toxic waste, slowly running down your throat, stopping half way down, deciding to go up again to inspect your nostrils and eventually settling in your guts, like a goose of lead. just not so funny.
Man!

Last time I saw that fighting Barracoon was harder than I thought ("don't mention the war!"), so I thought it best to get Heart Of The Lion.
I really like that item. It gets you decent DCI, as well as good resist values and some luck on top. On demise, I own like 10 of them. They are so abundant that I rather wear them out than repair them. Every other treasure chest seems to have one.
Not so on servUO, no. It took me 70 chests to get one.
And that's not all. I learned it the hard way, that demise has a very fair (old) way of distributing the chests, as everyone can see in the rune library at Luna. Nice and neat, they all sit in their reliable places.
servUO seems to have them all over the place, wherever Abu Bakr "RNG" Al-Baghdadi wants to have them. So it took AGES to even find the first one. As you know, the shard's corrupted, so again I pulled the admin over to trade t-hunt assistance in for a beer. But the admin learned. So this time it took me a keg to convince the greedy bastard (not only did this make it more expensive, it also slowed down the process to focus on the screen and hit the right keys...). Eventually it payed off, the admin led me to the actual places of the chests, speeding up the process a little.

Now I have sore eyes, feel heavily hung over, but I actually have Heart Of The Lion.
I urge you people to pay tribute to my endeavour accordingly. It should cost 200kk here. Just like that trinket. That's the least.
myOwnShardHeartOfTheLion.jpg
myOwnShardHeartOfTheLion.jpg (35.33 KiB) Viewed 8156 times

Brad

Post by Brad »

YEEEEESSSSSS!