My own land | A journey through an empty shard

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Gargl Kark

Re: My own land | A journey through an empty shard

Post by Gargl Kark »

stage 5 - Yay! Heartwood! *
* long story short, switched from runUO to servUO, like it better, tho I still have to spot the differences to Demise, to have gameplay experience comparable.

So, you greedy creeps, I have it all! I have heartwood at my feet!
I still look like dorky douchebag who just so scurried to sosaria's surface BUT I have it all!
myOwnShardYayHeartwood.jpg
myOwnShardYayHeartwood.jpg (242.49 KiB) Viewed 8184 times
But coming to think of how easy it is to obtain runics here, I may switch to an elf character wearing woodland armor, because I won't get leather runics for a while... hm... it would also mean I can drop that fresh-out-of-the-trash-bin looks of my char... I think I have a plan here :)

(every gump serial and id is different, so I had to go through all the scripts and rework them. 30 mins and done.)
Whammy | Timezone: GMT+2

2020-09-17: SALE | Jewels List
Bug

Post by Bug »

You would not happen to be doing hw afk now would you?
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Is servuo still using the same scripts and c#?
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

The Silvertiger wrote:Is servuo still using the same scripts and c#?
There are notable differences between runUO and servUO, but you can still spot some similarities (surprise, surprise).
Anything specific you mean?

The Silvertiger

Gargl Kark wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Is servuo still using the same scripts and c#?
There are notable differences between runUO and servUO, but you can still spot some similarities (surprise, surprise).
Anything specific you mean?
I was just trying to figure out if made some scripts with servuo to fix some of the issues in our bug section would they be able to transfer like butter to runuo/demise?
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

The Silvertiger wrote:like butter
yes, I think so, although we're talking about 20 year old butter, right? ;)
Features are on the level of refactoring, and would mean days/weeks of work. Just a wild guess.

The Silvertiger

:'(
Selling List & Vendor

AR9221

Post by AR9221 »

I like the idea, it is a good way to explore and access some parts of the game that here you can't, either because they are not available or because staff made them incredibly hard (FUN POLICE).

The challenge is to keep the interest along the time.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

AR9221 wrote:I like the idea, it is a good way to explore and access some parts of the game that here you can't, either because they are not available or because staff made them incredibly hard (FUN POLICE).

The challenge is to keep the interest along the time.
There are many aspects to it, and I really enjoy this. It brings many aspects back to the game that are not on the surface anymore. I hope I can tell about them in my posts.

Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

stage 6 - elvish impersonator
Last time I thought I had a solution to my shitty looks and to my shitty gear at the same time. So I went on the human to elf quest and did so the first time ever, with no shortcutting teleports or rune libs. I must say that playing this game slowly (as if behind a 125k modem powered by a mouse in a running wheel instead of in the middle of some optical fibre cable from the rocket science department) pays off in terms of atmosphere and story telling. It's nice!

But actually I got two results:
  • I made myself a full woodland armor set of heartwood! The results are impressive, I now have a full all-70 suit, a boost of 20 HCI and 10 DI, just from armor alone! All pieces were made with one single ash runic dovetail saw. What more could I achieve with heartwood saws! Why didn't I notice this treat on Demise?
  • Well, maybe because of the looks. Gargl "The Garbage Man" Kark didn't exactly transform into George Clooney now, he just turned into a fat elvish wanna-be goth punk.
See for yourself:
myOwnShardFatElvishPunk.jpg
myOwnShardFatElvishPunk.jpg (53.69 KiB) Viewed 8021 times
Also, I have my bot army up and running. It's 18 bod-runners (no recallers, they just sit there), one miner, one lumber and one to do the beetle run at heartwood. More miners would be good, but LRC armor still is on low supply.
I'll let you have a look sooner or later.

Next step will be to find a good gold farming spot. Oddly, a world without an active economy still eats up a lot of money...
For the time being, this farming spot cannot be Miasma, as I lack the right slayer weapon. So I will try Swoop, or maybe go for Gnaw, if it was just for the ML arties.
Another thing would be treasure hunting, dito for the arties. I think I still need to do better than now.
Hang on there, actually I could try some of my yew saws on the heartwood armor. I'll compare all this on uoguide and make a decision then :)

Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Y u no ToT
Lucifall
Gargl Kark likes this.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Legacy wrote:Y u no ToT
and cub
and everything

because I want to save that for later :)

Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

You don't need a slayer to farm miasma, it's easy to do with just a necro mage, energy vortex's and animate dead. The first one or two are the hardest but once you got a couple LL backing you up, it's easy pickings,.
Gargl Kark

Post by Gargl Kark »

Made In Quebec wrote:You don't need a slayer to farm miasma, it's easy to do with just a necro mage, energy vortex's and animate dead. The first one or two are the hardest but once you got a couple LL backing you up, it's easy pickings,.
Yes, today I learnt that Sampire may be not so effective. I've been keeping this template for a long time now. It's too expensive and so requires too much work to setup quickly. I'll try that one :)

Indika

Post by Indika »

it's been mentioned sampire is a horrible starting class. especially on a server with a population of 1 so theres nobody to help boost you into it. requires a lot of items.

if you don't mind being on foot try whammy or perhaps the Tanya mounted whammy build. you still need HML but it's a lot more merciful in terms of gear choices in the beginning.

another build that might be fun to revisit would be the classic ABC build. you could even run it with vamp form instead of healing but its something like:

archery/macing tactics anatomy bushido healing resist chivalry

if u dont have powerscrolls definitely add spirit speak for wraith form.

you could definitely run macing skill instead of archery if you dont have any bows
hrs024 and Gargl Kark like this.