well i am done here

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Veteran Noobie

well i am done here

Post by Veteran Noobie »

let the server lose 3 power players at once!

I hope you guys find a way to make this server more bountiful, currently its going downhill, quickly.
Last edited by Veteran Noobie on May 12th, 2017, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Ajani

Re: well i am done here

Post by Ajani »

image.png
image.png (325.3 KiB) Viewed 3318 times
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Supercreep

Post by Supercreep »

Can I have your Beehive before you go??
hrs024 and Blesh like this.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

if you find it in my house sure.
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Dont go, ehhh..
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

2093485.jpg
2093485.jpg (18.91 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
getout.jpg
getout.jpg (2.51 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

Casting is shit
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

People are quick to put the blame on the server, and saying that the server is dying and what not.

Keep this in mind, it's not Demise that's doing anything wrong, the server is doing it's best, with a very very old game.

It's not the server that's dying imo, it's more the game itself.

Ultima Online was released the same year as Final Fantaxy VII, Star Fox 64, Quake II, Tekken III, Tomb Raider II, Fallout 1, GTA 1, Need for Speed II, and I pass.

None of these games, have the longevity that UO has been graced with.

Enjoy it while you can.
The Silvertiger and ortiz like this.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

Made In Quebec wrote:People are quick to put the blame on the server, and saying that the server is dying and what not.

Keep this in mind, it's not Demise that's doing anything wrong, the server is doing it's best, with a very very old game.

Demise wants to be a osi clone, ok so be it, if that is the case make it a full blown osi clone, revamp the casting mechanics, change the way that warriors swing, lets fix the economy, hey wait, how about some updates on a regular basis? remove uosteam because on osi (the clone server) it is illegal?

remove the ethug cartel from owning the whole server? maybe a server wipe? ;)

perhaps i am just ranting my craziness out there, but hey, if opywang can play for 30 days and get changes why cannot a veteran player who has stated many obvious bugs and ways to improve the server not get any changes?
Made In Quebec wrote:blame on the server, and saying that the server is dying and what not

if this were the case, where are routinely updates? no longer existent?? did eos lose interest? once she had taken over the server had implemented quite a few nice updates but seems as of the last 6+ months she has lost interest.

so maybe the server is not dying, but it also is not progressing, stagnant water has no air for fish to breath in, stagnant server will only be time before it has reached its Demise.

zulu2401 likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Veteran Noobie wrote:
Made In Quebec wrote:People are quick to put the blame on the server, and saying that the server is dying and what not.

Demise wants to be a osi clone, ok so be it, if that is the case make it a full blown osi clone, revamp the casting mechanics, change the way that warriors swing, lets fix the economy, hey wait, how about some updates on a regular basis? remove uosteam because on osi (the clone server) it is illegal?

remove the ethug cartel from owning the whole server? maybe a server wipe? ;)

perhaps i am just ranting my craziness out there, but hey, if opywang can play for 30 days and get changes why cannot a veteran player who has stated many obvious bugs and ways to improve the server not get any changes?
Made In Quebec wrote:blame on the server, and saying that the server is dying and what not

if this were the case, where are routinely updates? no longer existent?? did eos lose interest? once she had taken over the server had implemented quite a few nice updates but seems as of the last 6+ months she has lost interest.

so maybe the server is not dying, but it also is not progressing, stagnant water has no air for fish to breath in, stagnant server will only be time before it has reached its Demise.
Although everything you request is all great stuff, and what not, it's the type of things that one could expect when paying to play on a server, and when the owners are running a business.

Eos, and other, don't make one penny for their efforts to keep this shard up, and honestly since Ryan pulled the plug y'all better be thankful that you can actually still play, even if there are knicks and scratches.

Everyone is doing this in their free time, because no one wants to fully give up on it. If I was Eos and I have an opportunity to cash in while dev'ing something else that actually puts bread on the table, I'll always pick that one over the other side project, that I have accepted to do, because if I don't it goes down the drain.

You can also forget that thing of being an "Osi Clone" this has been confirmed long ago, that there was no goal to be an exact Clone to OSI. Demise was to stop at ML, and see updates as they see fit, if they makes sense or not, and integrate them on Demise, if it makes sense.

But then again, time is the issue here. I'm sure they are a lot of things that could be fixed, that could be added, but someone, somewhere, gotta spend the hours to do it, for 0.00$ and gratification at the level of "DAMN U FUCK U NERF MY TEMPLATE"

I guess you can go ahead and learn C#, and ask for coding contracts, that would earn nothing, and see if maybe you can help out that way?
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Lets add High Sea but not add SA

Casting is shit
april0395

Post by april0395 »

Veteran Noobie wrote:
Demise wants to be a osi clone, ok so be it, if that is the case make it a full blown osi cloneDemise.
Eos wrote:"OSI, but better" is the best and simplest description that can be given for Demise. This has always been the shard's motto, even back when Demise was the RunUO testing grounds.

Currently, "OSI during Mondain's Legacy, but better" would probably be more accurate. Initially this cut-off point was established to focus on completing RunUO's Mondain's Legacy support before moving on to later content. Now, it is probably more due to the fact the majority of the playerbase dislikes the game changing Stygian Abyss expansion (for a number of players it's probably the reason they left OSI) and we have no intention of adding it here.

The "but better" part is an intentionally vague term that not only safeguards us from blindly copying OSI bugs (like item duplication), but it also allows us to make better game decisions if we see a great need for it in terms of game balance. Custom changes are kept to a minimum to preserve the general feel and experience of OSI.

In summation, Demise is not an OSI clone, but it strives to be OSI-like as much as possible, except when OSI-like interferes with the type of shard the staff and players want Demise to be.

Pulled from here: http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... one#p25558
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
EV

Post by EV »

HOUSE FALLING?!
Attachments
591613073df9e830408392.gif
591613073df9e830408392.gif (309.15 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit. ~ unknown.

Discord: EV#6151
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Final fantasy 7 is still loved and played by many people, often consider to be the best final fantasy(not by everyone before someone dies to declare different). Matter fact fans of ff7 have been beating down sony's door for years demanding a remake that is happening, the same cant be said for Ultima Online who got a remake that most of the player base rejected and than was handed off to some unknown company/devs to live out its final days on the farm before they have to put old yellar down.
Veteran Noobie likes this.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Vander Nars wrote:Final fantasy 7 is still loved and played by many people, often consider to be the best final fantasy(not by everyone before someone dies to declare different). Matter fact fans of ff7 have been beating down sony's door for years demanding a remake that is happening, the same cant be said for Ultima Online who got a remake that most of the player base rejected and than was handed off to some unknown company/devs to live out its final days on the farm before they have to put old yellar down.
I can agree agree with that, I should have put a mention of honor on the longevity of FFVII, but it certainly does not invalidate any of my statements.
Necrodog

Post by Necrodog »

UO Forums is my favorite anime.