XMAS FESTIVITIES 2019

Shard events, festivals and ongoing quests will be posted here.
Bad Religion

Re: XMAS FESTIVITIES 2019

Post by Bad Religion »

I agree the snow on here is cool though
medamaude

Post by medamaude »

I think the snow is pretty, but a bit distracting especially when writing. Maybe next year they could add a pause button?
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Must be a PC thing because it's not showing up on mobile.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

Can you still get gifts?
Wreakage-

Post by Wreakage- »

Can we get C.U.B to honor a new year? It's time to get organized. Just saying! Thoughts?
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Selene wrote: December 21st, 2019, 3:05 am

We will be attempting to run other events throughout the next two weeks, please keep an eye on the forums for more information about these events.
I missed something or there was none of them yet?
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i think all in all they've done a pretty good job, the drop rates have been balanced, the afkers checked.

fair dues.

food for thought if you can make these tho:
https://gameanalytics.com/blog/balance- ... -maps.html
Selene
Demise Administrator

Post by Selene »

Xmas Town is now closed.

Thank you to all who participated in the events.

We hope you all had a wonderful Xmas & have a Great 2020!
Selene
UOGDemise - Admin

Thanks for your continued support of UOGDemise.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

pvp area still wasted 20/24 hours of the day
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Every boss should be champ style in holiday events imo. A pro active approach to spawning them would be way less tedious than watching youtube vids while I watch the journal for afk checks. You could also make the spawn difficulty scale with the item(s) the boss drops.
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if you wanna improve the pvp area, it might be worth noting that both WoW and UO used a token acquiring from kills, and purchasing reward system.

this would be very hard to implement here because people would abuse it and just trade off with an enemy. but something to think about. im always amazed by the creative solutions staff come up with ;)
maybe something like players get a daily amount of points, say 100 for account, 10 transferred to killer on death. something like that.
shouldn't let people put energy fields over the exit tho, that was a bit harsh. literally ending up with people using the help function with a physically stuck character that cant continue to play...

but the actual town was good tbh. i was pretty played out after a few days of hardcoring it, and i wish more people had come for father flogg kills, but all in all, i think it was a nice set up, well balanced, etc. i think it was the savage squirrels killing me with enemy of one on the deers.. but once i got the hang of the area it was a fairly decent grind. i might be being cheeky and got lucky, but the statue drop rate was actually fine, literally dropped just as i was sick and tired of doing it, and that's perfect.

and lol @ chinese microsoft guy that attacked me for trying to get a snowcone off the same snowman as him. handily he had 7 on his corpse, and i could be a lil santa myself in the main area ^.^
i wonder what he wanted all them snowcones for...

how many people actually worked out the words to get into angel i also wonder? it takes a while to load the crystal names (so to see the letters), but a nice real puzzle :)
those are so hard to put in games, well done.
fyi the code was: This Glass World
very nice. :D
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Dang it... That's what I said in a much shorter paragraph.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

chicks dig long girthy paragraphs. ;)

brevity is the essence of wit. but im not trying to be witty :P
they did a really good job on the event, so the least we can do is give a bit of feedback.
(positive criticisms only tho plz, dont just throw shade if you are pissed off)
Loler

Post by Loler »

Negative criticism is good to as long as you do so constructively. Saying shit server bad game does nothing. But explaining why you think something should change or why you have a problem with something should never be frowned upon. Shit server dead game however helps nothing
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
The Silvertiger and Eos like this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Loler wrote: January 7th, 2020, 12:21 am Negative criticism is good to as long as you do so constructively. Saying shit server bad game does nothing. But explaining why you think something should change or why you have a problem with something should never be frowned upon. Shit server dead game however helps nothing
doesnt mean it's not true :)