St Patrick's Day 2021

Shard events, festivals and ongoing quests will be posted here.
Selene
Demise Administrator

St Patrick's Day 2021

Post by Selene »

The Leprechauns have taken over The Enchanted Forest near Spirituality in Ilshenar!!!
Look out for a rainbow, this will lead you to a Pot o' Gold, kill the leprechaun and you might be able to take their Lucky Charms!

A moongate for red players has been placed at West Britain Bank in Felucca.

This event will run for 24 hours (until midnight UTC tomorrow).

Hope you have a Happy St. Patrick's Day and please keep safe everyone.

Demise Staff
Selene
UOGDemise - Admin

Thanks for your continued support of UOGDemise.
Calvin

Re: St Patrick's Day 2021

Post by Calvin »

in forest spawns pots of gold, pots turn into leprechauns, leprechauns drop item on body.

the pots have rainbow go around them sometimes to draw attention.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

sorry, but in this case:

do yourself a favour and avoid this event.

waited a year for this event to be on again so i could drop a lucky charm.
after 9 hours of literally running around in circles, LITERAL, CIRCLES.
with nothing to kill or anything, just walking, in fucking circles.

i still dont know if it's even dropping this year.. accordingly it's a reskinned luck statue instead?

event is not playable.. there is literally nothing to actually play. it's just waiting, and not even passively waiting, you have to run around to see the spawn area. you dont know if one has spawned and you missed it either. so it's literally just run around in circles, maybe see something to attack once or twice an hour, and never get a decent drop...

why would you do this?

i mean i know it's a 1 day event, but it's a big ticket item that people have noted the date for..
Crasheris likes this.
Cunnana

Post by Cunnana »

Demise staff needs to know how to do event....Always same drop (most uselles things)...I have played here for like 5-6 year and every year the same drop....Last year one good thing, Luck Charm tali but this year staff change for luck statue...item that drops 3 months ago for a 2 weeks event.

If staff need some help on new ideas for event drops Im open to help, there is a lot of good things that will ressurect the shard wihtout big changes on game dynamics
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Cunnana wrote: March 19th, 2021, 3:27 pm Demise staff needs to know how to do event....Always same drop (most uselles things)...I have played here for like 5-6 year and every year the same drop....Last year one good thing, Luck Charm tali but this year staff change for luck statue...item that drops 3 months ago for a 2 weeks event.

If staff need some help on new ideas for event drops Im open to help, there is a lot of good things that will ressurect the shard wihtout big changes on game dynamics

Cunnana wrote: May 9th, 2018, 8:07 pm I'm justing get a point that there are a lot of things to do in game or in life better than walking a round the world looking for afk players and luring mobs to kill than. Go walk outside, go to College, go to have a family, go help to save the Planet.
muttly.gif
muttly.gif (19.75 KiB) Viewed 6599 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Cunnana

Post by Cunnana »

Im glad to know that u got my adviced Bama
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

GMs should be felt not seen. this is their main mistake.
a GM being present means they can adjust things in real time.
Good automated systems should leave people wondering if there is a GM there or not.

^this is the role they are really playing.

maybe they should make a new position for DM, not just GM is all roles.

tbh for what the holiday is, the event was not that bad, but it's harsh that they dropped such a big item on it one year.
made it need a better event cos it will attract people.
they should keep the drops consistant tho, so people know they can get certain items at some point in the future.
lets people play/aim for it outside the event as well.

---
im not saying GMs shouldn't have an avatar, but their main role is to be the world, not one character within it.
Last edited by Calvin on March 20th, 2021, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Cunnana wrote: March 20th, 2021, 12:32 pm Im
patstar.gif
patstar.gif (53.85 KiB) Viewed 6529 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i know what they should do..

right... given that avangers has finished it's run. bear with me lol... and star wars has been sold out to fk. star trek is also junked. game of thrones and vikings are over and everyone is kinda over them as well. walking dead, z nation and the zombies have been milked to fk.

the next big franchise IP, is going to be the Godzilla, King Kong Monsterverse.

so what i reckon, is that we play into that.

that staff goes and watches films like Godzilla King of Monsters, and Kong Skull Island. also ones like journey to the center of the earth, pacific rim, maybe cloverfield 2, iron skies 2.

then they make a hollow earth zone. :3

effectively it would be all dungeons. maybe find the episode of amanda tapping's Sanctuary where they go to the hollow earth city as well

it's effectively what T2A Lost Lands was supposed to be, but we have much more creative resources now than they did when they made that
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

m'fkin space ship base!

ya know inside the earth there are nuggets of gold the size of mountains...
gold wouldn't be worth much... what if they made something else the currency for there ;)

what if it cost something to get in, golden skull style?
something to farm and sell ;)

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you could make the passages to-from the area require boats, and all the sea area be pvp ;)

how would that be for an event?

anyone wanna party up to cross the under-sea and visit the hollow earth?
fight some giant monsters and bring back exotic lewts?
trade weird currencies with ancient subterrainian dwellers, and uncover the mystery behind... err.. the new and super aggressive animals?