Update August 3, 2018

UOGamers: Demise news will be posted here.
User avatar
Ajani
Posts: 1742
Contact:

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#16 » August 4th, 2018, 4:49 pm

Eos wrote:The following changes have been applied during server wars tonight:

  • Corrected the Frenzied Whirlwind special move: (Bug report)
    • Number of damage ticks lowered to 3, with one occurring every second (the first being instant).
    • Damage corrected from 50-60 overall direct damage to 20-50 physical damage per tick.
    • The effect now stays with the attacker and will only hit people in range of the attacker when it ticks.
    • Added 15 second delay between uses.
  • Melisande's Fermented Wine now does 50% more damage than a regular greater explosion potion. (Bug report)
  • Tinkering will now accept special wood for crafting wooden items (but will not color the resulting item). (Bug report)
  • Fixed goblin/llama hedges that reverted into normal hedges after last week's festival prize additions update.
  • Fixed Dawn's Music Box security setting.

IMO i understand you are trying to fix the afk problem but you are going about this all wrong
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I for one, find this quite entertaining.

User avatar
april0395
Posts: 693

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#17 » August 4th, 2018, 5:31 pm

Ajani wrote:
Eos wrote:The following changes have been applied during server wars tonight:

  • Corrected the Frenzied Whirlwind special move: (Bug report)
    • Number of damage ticks lowered to 3, with one occurring every second (the first being instant).
    • Damage corrected from 50-60 overall direct damage to 20-50 physical damage per tick.
    • The effect now stays with the attacker and will only hit people in range of the attacker when it ticks.
    • Added 15 second delay between uses.
  • Melisande's Fermented Wine now does 50% more damage than a regular greater explosion potion. (Bug report)
  • Tinkering will now accept special wood for crafting wooden items (but will not color the resulting item). (Bug report)
  • Fixed goblin/llama hedges that reverted into normal hedges after last week's festival prize additions update.
  • Fixed Dawn's Music Box security setting.

IMO i understand you are trying to fix the afk problem but you are going about this all wrong


Frenzied whirlwind, Mel wine, and Dawn's music box changes are trying to fix the afk problem? :lol:
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
ortiz and Ajani like this.
Top

User avatar
Ajani
Posts: 1742
Contact:

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#18 » August 4th, 2018, 5:40 pm

april0395 wrote:
Ajani wrote:
Eos wrote:The following changes have been applied during server wars tonight:

  • Corrected the Frenzied Whirlwind special move: (Bug report)
    • Number of damage ticks lowered to 3, with one occurring every second (the first being instant).
    • Damage corrected from 50-60 overall direct damage to 20-50 physical damage per tick.
    • The effect now stays with the attacker and will only hit people in range of the attacker when it ticks.
    • Added 15 second delay between uses.
  • Melisande's Fermented Wine now does 50% more damage than a regular greater explosion potion. (Bug report)
  • Tinkering will now accept special wood for crafting wooden items (but will not color the resulting item). (Bug report)
  • Fixed goblin/llama hedges that reverted into normal hedges after last week's festival prize additions update.
  • Fixed Dawn's Music Box security setting.

IMO i understand you are trying to fix the afk problem but you are going about this all wrong


Frenzied whirlwind, Mel wine, and Dawn's music box changes are trying to fix the afk problem? :lol:

...lol, no i meant about the UOS Poll
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I for one, find this quite entertaining.

User avatar
Bama
Posts: 2800

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#19 » August 4th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Ajani wrote:...lol, no i meant about the UOS Poll



This UOS Poll
How long is this going to go on for because I’m willing to sell my vote or even hold on to it to break the tie.......



S/B on my vote is 2 gold pieces
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!
Amish Hammer, april0395 and ortiz like this.
Top

User avatar
Ajani
Posts: 1742
Contact:

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#20 » August 4th, 2018, 6:31 pm

s/b
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I for one, find this quite entertaining.

User avatar
Bama
Posts: 2800

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#21 » August 4th, 2018, 6:33 pm

Ajani wrote:s/b


I will let this run for 24 hour or 43 minutes depending on which clock we are using
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!
Anthony File and ortiz like this.
Top

The Silvertiger
Posts: 3132

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#22 » August 4th, 2018, 6:39 pm

1,000,000 gp
Last edited by The Silvertiger on August 4th, 2018, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who is the founder of Demise?

Answer: viewtopic.php?p=117343#p117343
The Silvertiger wrote:Shut up calvin.

User avatar
Ajani
Posts: 1742
Contact:

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#23 » August 4th, 2018, 6:40 pm

4 gp
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I for one, find this quite entertaining.

User avatar
Bad Religion
Posts: 2069

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#24 » August 5th, 2018, 12:01 am

I actually am conflicted with the waka nerf. On one hand it HAD to be changed, but fixing pets would have changed this. It was nice having another template to fight against that didnt carry a bow. Think if you just fixed pets and casting the waka template wouldnt be nearly as op as people thought it was, template diversity would grow because now that you can actually dismount people, melee dexers might be effective again, and it would help reduce the ramifications of constantly improving gear on a server that is stuck in time has(people wont be as unkillable, newer players can actually compete, etc)
Image
Sgfcat and The Silvertiger like this.
Top

DG
Posts: 119

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#25 » August 5th, 2018, 5:29 am

Good to see new change comes to pvp.But im afraid Its going to be the death sentence of Frenzied Whirlwind special.

The new special is obviously a customised change,which has three major flaws:
1)Its full damage is too hard to deal.Staying in one tile of your foe for three secs,in most cases,is mission impossible for dexxers.So most time youre going to see the first tick of damage,which is around 15 at 120 busido(taking physical resistance into account).Then,there's going to be no 'Then'....I would rather use Ai if I was a dexxer.
2)Its essential disruptive effect is gone.Under Demise casting,now it cant even disrupt thunderstorm,not mention miniheal or mafb.The old special's 'Silence' effect was unique.
3)Its cd is too long.The only scenario for this new special to fully work, is probably the choke point fights.Lets assume you finish the whole special,which is close to three withers now.So you get in the middle of enemies,you do three wither,then you cant do anything for 15 secs.Still pointless for dexxers.I would rather stick to necro weaver for choke point fights.Damage nerfed,Silence effect removed,such special is not powerful enough to deserve a 15 secs cd.

The old FW special was maybe neither OSI-accurate nor balanced.However,It gave an opportunity to dexxer players.Dexxers are just not as easy to play or as powerful as mages or archers.Its why they are always on the edge of extinction for the whole history of Demise.The old FW special gave dexxers the potential to deal burst damage and do group Silence,a very effective and unique role in field and spawn area fights.It would encourage to play dexxers and prompt the diversity of pvp.

It is sure tele FW is fixed.However,it can be done in another way.Almost every active pvper agrees teleport is broken(viewtopic.php?f=17&t=24012).Its proved that FW became overwhelming only after It was combined with teleport.Tele FW and things like that are supposed to be fixed,but not in a way to hurt the long negelected dexxers.

User avatar
Shallan
Posts: 1169

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#26 » August 5th, 2018, 6:03 am

Thx a lot for all work!: )
___________________________________

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.

The Silvertiger
Posts: 3132

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#27 » August 5th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Bama wrote:
Ajani wrote:s/b


I will let this run for 24 hour or 43 minutes depending on which clock we are using

Did I win?
Who is the founder of Demise?

Answer: viewtopic.php?p=117343#p117343
The Silvertiger wrote:Shut up calvin.

User avatar
Bama
Posts: 2800

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#28 » August 5th, 2018, 3:45 pm

The Silvertiger wrote:
Bama wrote:
Ajani wrote:s/b


I will let this run for 24 hour or 43 minutes depending on which clock we are using

Did I win?


I said I will let this run for 24 hours ........


........has it been 43 minutes already?

If it has been 43 minutes/24hours yes you won

How do you want me to vote?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

The Silvertiger
Posts: 3132

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#29 » August 5th, 2018, 4:02 pm

Bama wrote:How do you want me to vote?

Yes to imposter Zulu and no to drugs.
Who is the founder of Demise?

Answer: viewtopic.php?p=117343#p117343
The Silvertiger wrote:Shut up calvin.

User avatar
quickdeath
Posts: 30

Re: Update August 3, 2018

Post#30 » August 6th, 2018, 3:39 am

maybe some algorithms to automatically find/flag afk farmers if they've been repeating a pattern for a long amount of time, etc. I'd be sad to have to switch from UOS, I've taken quite a liking to a lot of its features :(
uh oh

Return to “Shard News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest