Update April 1, 2019

UOG: Demise news will be posted here.
Vander Nars

Re: Update April 1, 2019

Post by Vander Nars »

patla wrote:In old casting ppl were playing a little not much but there were playing some..they made this casting alot of ppl are leaving or not logging because of the casting they logged few times to see the casting and thats it everyone GONE .BG EVERYDAY EMPTY ..Champss empty ..were are all the ppl then....PLS MAKE OLD CASTING BACK ...LOOK. 364 PPL ONLINE WTF....
we had less than 364 people playing before casting so im not sure why ur here bitching.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Loler wrote: Also the economy cant be fixed the best option wasn't to police it harder but to make it legal to afk farm.

Make it better to farm in fel out of guards so players can police afkers not gms jailing people.
What would even be the point of playing the game if you dont actually work for anything you want? The game would die so much faster if the staff made it legal to afk farm. You would have to let a bot run for like a month straight to get some decent gold to get one piece of armor you need for a suit. Personally I think playing a game is about actually being there to play it, but hey maybe I was raised differently and learned the value of earning stuff.

As for the better loot in fel, I think it would extremely unbalanced if you did this only in fel, I think the whole loot system needs a rework server wide, but in fel I do think there is a need for a slight increase to make the risk of going there more worth it. I think they should add the new loot systems to the OG dungeons that no one ever farms at anymore, but that would upset alot of people and it will never happen, it would make the runics pointless. But it would shake up alot of things and possible fix the economy aswell, would make it so everyone has a chance to get the same stuff, instead of the super rich being able to buy 1000+ runics to get that op gear.
Discord: Amish#1299
Alvin likes this.
S7orm

Post by S7orm »

Amish Hammer wrote:What would even be the point of playing the game if you dont actually work for anything you want? The game would die so much faster if the staff made it legal to afk farm. You would have to let a bot run for like a month straight to get some decent gold to get one piece of armor you need for a suit. Personally I think playing a game is about actually being there to play it, but hey maybe I was raised differently and learned the value of earning stuff.
More people don't join the community because the entry fee is too high. People will mine, lumber, HW quests, fill and redeem BODs AFK regardless of the consequences because it's free basic income. Heavy AFK policing drives raw material prices up and only worsen the issue, as old time scripters probably have already figured out everything necessary to get around the gump system, enjoying higher prices with no extra effort.

Items from other sources (SOP, SOS, arties) would see a moderate increase in value and benefit actual players instead of the few who find a way around the system.

Automation shifts jobs to more enjoyable sectors while providing a better lifestyle for the whole population, it's history ;)
Loler

Post by Loler »

What amish doesnt understand is the economy is being made worse because the 1-5% of the population running scripts that gather like hes talking about now raising the prices on all the items so the new guys have to pay more and have no way to make comparable money to the other people as they are usually stuck playing 1 character while afkers are running 4 chars 24/7. You think thats going to make it easier for someone to start then if you can match them with 4 chars 24/7 while you are at work or sleeping? No the non knowledgeable scripter who has access to several afk farming scripts that have been posted on the forums would have a much easier time catching up by being able to match the afk scripters.

Its all good though. Keep implementing the bandaids that have already been bypassed by several people.

The best fix to the economy is make it all legal. But keep adding these bandaids people will keep bypassing them. Hell Nicka wrote a fully functional hw script that ran 24/7. If a gm showed on screen it would walk south. If it got moved to the jail cell next to a gate it would walk out. If you had to say a phrase the journal checker would mimic what others said. It would wait a certain time then go back to farming.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
deathviper and Duque like this.
Duque

Post by Duque »

patla wrote:In old casting ppl were playing a little not much but there were playing some..they made this casting alot of ppl are leaving or not logging because of the casting they logged few times to see the casting and thats it everyone GONE .BG EVERYDAY EMPTY ..Champss empty ..were are all the ppl then....PLS MAKE OLD CASTING BACK ...LOOK. 364 PPL ONLINE WTF....
No new people, less pvp, less pvm....so we are worst than before

Demise was a server with personality and its own casting; really strong pvm community and with decent pvp (sometime more other time less...but always you coud find pvp)....now is trying to be similar to OSI.......Now i can't say THIS IS DEMISE :(

Demise never have been the 7-10 people that always are crying in forum......there are a lot of player than didn't visit forum so his voice and opinion is hidden, there were also a lot of people that didn't know what is OSI casting and didn't complain....now are really disappointed....

Well about Demise economy i really think that always has been balanced (maybe in the past there were a little inflation, but DS event solve it)......i mean i have played before in other server where money in game was useless and the trades always were made item per item (here you can buy everything with game money)......if you kill AKf in my opinion you kill the economy and also kill the newbies that have a easy way to get money....i am also againt free AKf....it should be regulate to avoid abuse and i think gms are doing a good job in this point.
"Los que no aprenden de la historia estan condenados a repetirla"
"Who don't learn from history is condemn to repeat it"

Demise' Discord channel
Duque#6737
patla likes this.
DG

Post by DG »

PvP has never been less active since last HTown event was over.We fight Loop,kvg and Korean guild daily.Hz are not very active except pumpkin brothers.But it's not a new story after the implement of OSI casting.Req are not very active these days.Alvin said it was because of the drama caused by former GMs.
Josh

Post by Josh »

DG wrote:PvP has never been less active since last HTown event was over.We fight Loop,kvg and Korean guild daily.Hz are not very active except pumpkin brothers.But it's not a new story after the implement of OSI casting.Req are not very active these days.Alvin said it was because of the drama caused by former GMs.
Yep and we definitely won't get new activity with 2/5 being faster than 2/6 and without them actually correcting osi casting.
People have asked me "how accurate is it" and I'm honest, it's close but not really osi, but that was before i found the 2/5 shit.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

Pvp is a lot healthier and more active at Brit gate. We need to bring more to the dungeon fights though as a community, which is something I’ll be working on. Casting does need to be tweaked more for a new wave of players to join, they just won’t join a bugged casting server.

Req/hz need to nut up and not worry about the old gms and learn to play on skill based casting.
Discord: Maloskies#2094
koziar likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Maloskies wrote:Pvp is a lot healthier and more active at Brit gate. We need to bring more to the dungeon fights though as a community, which is something I’ll be working on. Casting does need to be tweaked more for a new wave of players to join, they just won’t join a bugged casting server.

Req/hz need to nut up and not worry about the old gms and learn to play on skill based casting.
I hope you succeed with your plans. I just don't see a need to play a caster in dungeons except for pvp. Would rather use a samp to spawn especially now.

I guess if people keep their PK's nearby to "res" then you might see some pvp in dungeons with people spawning on samps.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
DG

Post by DG »

Weavers are still preferable in spawns.They can defend themselves better if PvP occurs.

Most important thing is they are much cheaper to suit up than samps.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Oh and the other problem with monsters running under 16%
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Maloskies wrote:Pvp is a lot healthier and more active at Brit gate. We need to bring more to the dungeon fights though as a community, which is something I’ll be working on. Casting does need to be tweaked more for a new wave of players to join, they just won’t join a bugged casting server.

I hope you succeed with your plans. I just don't see a need to play a caster in dungeons except for pvp. Would rather use a samp to spawn especially now.

I guess if people keep their PK's nearby to "res" then you might see some pvp in dungeons with people spawning on samps.
Well, sampires were pretty good solo beforehand and preferably for some spawns already, but spellweavers arent bad, there are just extra things you need to do.
koziar

Post by koziar »

I dont know why ppl dont like New cast, of course its Total diffrent game but before this change every noobs mage could hold key heal and without uber combo on wrestl mage you cant kill him... Like Malo write its much more healthier :) in my opinion gm need repair a bug with 2/5, ride Cu shide and blocked autochug poison/cure etc on steam and it Will. Be good :)
Josh likes this.
patla

Post by patla »

Listen PPL Demise has been for 20 years with the old Casting..with OSI Casting and NO OSI casting Demise is GONNA BE the same or less so if you PPL want to play WITH OSI CASTING GO PLAY OTHER SERVER NOT HERE and STOP crying about OSI casting GO PLAY other Server.

You know what i like Demise 15 Years ago because it was FUN.. TOTS AND DOOM ARTIS ONLY that was the game that was FUN THAT WAS PRETTY FUN years ago.. BIG GUILDS WAS HERE ZEN BARCODE RW FM GUNZ ^A^ and MORE.. Were is all THOSE GUILDS????? ANSWER ME WITH STUPID ANSWER. THAT was fun 15 years ago i MISS IT ALOT
Josh

Post by Josh »

patla wrote:Listen PPL Demise has been for 20 years with the old Casting..with OSI Casting and NO OSI casting Demise is GONNA BE the same or less so if you PPL want to play WITH OSI CASTING GO PLAY OTHER SERVER NOT HERE and STOP crying about OSI casting GO PLAY other Server.

You know what i like Demise 15 Years ago because it was FUN.. TOTS AND DOOM ARTIS ONLY that was the game that was FUN THAT WAS PRETTY FUN years ago.. BIG GUILDS WAS HERE ZEN BARCODE RW FM GUNZ ^A^ and MORE.. Were is all THOSE GUILDS????? ANSWER ME WITH STUPID ANSWER. THAT was fun 15 years ago i MISS IT ALOT
No gm ever says "HEY GO PLAY ANOTHER SERVER" that's not how you build a server or regain players.
And buddy you're the one complaining. We gave suggestions, they listened, deal with it.

Barcode players like Bile/Reefer/Paul dont play here, Bile and reefer tried the server again because they said they implemented osi casting.
Loop is a big guild when they have their players on
Chn is a giant guild, they can field 15+ players and still have some left over.

You're describing an era when more people played uo in general, yeah i wish we could be back in the days where there was 100k subscribers on osi too but hey dude its a 20 year old game so that's not gonna happen anymore.

Also if the old casting was the reason those players played then why the fuck don't they still play? Corrupt staff, bad mechanics and Steam are why they dont play

just sounds like you've come to the realization you're not good at the game and are complaining ur scripts arent bailing u out.