Recent bannings (January 2020)

UOG: Demise news will be posted here.
Loler

Re: Recent bannings( January 2020)

Post by Loler »

All of my Aussie friends from another server use vpns to play. They even constantly change which vpn they use constantly. None of them use vpn to cheat on said server they just want better connection
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Bad Religion likes this.
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Loler wrote: January 28th, 2020, 5:41 pm All of my Aussie friends from another server use vpns to play. They even constantly change which vpn they use constantly. None of them use vpn to cheat on said server they just want better connection
Is one of your Aussie friends 'Johnny'?
Arden

Post by Arden »

Larson wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 11:43 pm Some of you may have noticed there have been some bannings taking place recently. The main purpose of this is to find and punish anyone exceeding the account limit of 4 per household. You may be one of those people and wish to appeal your banning. Unfortunately mistakes can happen during this process and you may just be an innocent party who is wondering why they are banned.

If you need to talk to someone about your accounts please message myself or Selene here on the forums( Not Discord ). This is an ongoing process that may take some time to complete. If it takes some days for us to answer please don't be alarmed, we will get to you all eventually.

Thanks, Larson
Looks like someone got a new IP

BoxLo

Post by BoxLo »

Hi could some gm answer my pms? Or are they just to ban and disappear?
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

I use a VPN by default, occasionally I forget to turn it off before I connect to Demise.

My brother uses a VPN to connect to a Demise, he told me that he chooses one the closest to where Demise is hosted. He lives in the countryside and has low tier DSL. I know for sure he will stop playing Demise if he can't use a VPN. I also know he only has two accounts.

I also remember a post by admins stating VPN's were allowed. It's been a couple of years. I don't remember which admin posted that it was allowed. I just remember they stated it was allowed and that was when people started using them.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Hiding ip w/ vpn doesn’t mean they’re cheating.
Vpns use different connection routes so yes sometimes it’s a faster connection.
Many companies throttle Especially if you’re not in or near a city.
Vpn is more about stable ping than anything tbh.

Yes people cheat using vpns, people will always cheat, but more people use vpn for legit reasons.
The problem with cheating is Bc of afks primarily not as much extra accounts.

And it’s pretty clear which accounts are bot accounts.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

Yes it pretty clear which accounts are cheating or botting.. and yet they are still here...I'm relatively new to the shard... and can spot them without making a effort... I'd gladly volunteer my time to help police the shard because the the excuse of oh there are just so many in heartwood it would do no good to ban them is BS... when you allow something that is supposed to be a high end reward to be farmed with ease and afk.. you ruin the game play of everyone.. that is why archers are out of control. Kits are way to easy to come by and that is due to the scripts that alot are running to afk getting a top tier runic.
Loler

Post by Loler »

That's not why archers are out of control. Most people run 3 mod bows. There are very few perfect 4 mod bows on the server even with hw being run by 50 accounts for 5 years straight. Think about that. The bigger issue is the few people who have modified their scripts to bypass all anti afk checks and have been running 4-20 accounts 24/7 for years. That's the bigger issue. That's for heartwood mining lumberjack sampire everything. The people who can run under the radar and bypass all checks are a bigger issue.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Bad Religion likes this.
Mainstudio

Post by Mainstudio »

I would like to request an account reinstatement. I can't send a message.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

someone needs to populate the world with items and resources at the end of the day..

the thing i dont get is people scripting loot and drops... gold, resources, runics; im not too bothered about. those things are work to collect... but scripting drops is scripting the actual game... i dont understand why people play if they are going to do that... unless it's just to get items to pvp i guess. suppose it depends where you draw the line for gameplay.. i think the gamble and luck of it is the fun personally: finding or crafting epic items. but if you're drawing the line at pvp and everything else is just to get to that, then i can see why i guess...

it's a tricky one, but i'd say dont go extreme on either side, golden path is the middle way ;P

could you imagine if no-one farmed Bods? how much would a runic hammer be? would it be worth that when you came to use it? given the low drop chances on burn...

i think the game/market has found it's own balance on grindables, but scripting for lucky drops is a step too far because it means they have to make the drop rates much worse to compensate, and that means there's no pvm game at all.
Excorsion

Post by Excorsion »

Loler wrote: February 1st, 2020, 1:50 am That's not why archers are out of control. Most people run 3 mod bows. There are very few perfect 4 mod bows on the server even with hw being run by 50 accounts for 5 years straight. Think about that. The bigger issue is the few people who have modified their scripts to bypass all anti afk checks and have been running 4-20 accounts 24/7 for years. That's the bigger issue. That's for heartwood mining lumberjack sampire everything. The people who can run under the radar and bypass all checks are a bigger issue.

and if they didn't have those scripts in the first place archers wouldn't be so powerful now... aka my whole point is... when you make a high end runic which supposed to be rare... uncommon at the most.... you screw every other aspect of the economy. you can argue all you want about the heartwood lottery.. but it doesn't change the fact that you don't see half the shard scripting blacksmith quests or bods for easy high end runics but you do in heartwood going for saws and kits. that is the fact that you can't dismiss away.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Hard to understand your whole point.

There has been HW scripts since HW came out on OSI.

People do bods constantly thats why the gms just did a huge ban on people was mostly to target the VPN reset bod collectors.

And even if there were no scripts for hw people would do it manually and burn yew kits which give 3 mod bows and hw.

The reason archery is so overpowered is the state of the game and the items in the game.

It was like this on OSI as well most players played archers in this era.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

aren't archery runics supposed to be on bods too? with the special woods and stuff..

tbh he kinda has a point, i think they added runic bows as so easy to get to compensate for taking so long adding any runic bows. i used to sell loot ones, was one of the only loot weps you could sell.

so because hammers had been around a lot longer than bows, they made bows easier to get. but it has probably been that way too long and has been over-farmed. they were probably planning to change it after like a year and put the proper system in.

... bit late now tbh :?

could reduce their range or something
Loler

Post by Loler »

The drop chance for HW kits/saws is actually at a lower rate on demise then it was on OSI.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Loler wrote: February 4th, 2020, 5:31 am The drop chance for HW kits/saws is actually at a lower rate on demise then it was on OSI.
I thought this was true but never confirmed.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069