Ingots price check

Get your goods appraised here!
navarthelol

Ingots price check

Post by navarthelol »

Hi,

* updated * with lifetime to date values

I would like to know peoples valuation of ingot prices please and if possible any reason for that valuation. I have done some small amount of analysis myself based on the amount of ore mined in total.

Iron - 4gp
dull - 34.3
shadow - 40.5
copper - 47.3
bronze - 60.9
gold - 79.47
agapite - 113.36
verite - 187.49
valo - 397

these prices are based on an iron ingot price of 4gp and:
dull - 8.58 times rarer then iron
shadow - 10.13 times rarer then iron
copper - 11.83 times rarer then iron
bronze - 15.24 times rarer then iron
gold - 19.87 times rarer then iron
agapite - 28.33 times rarer then iron
verite - 46.87 times rarer then iron
valo - 99.26 times rarer then iron
Last edited by navarthelol on November 19th, 2017, 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tanya

Re: Ingots price check

Post by Tanya »

Interesting...
well iron ingots you can buy also from NPC for 5gp, or 4gp in felluca.
This is mostly how people get iron, they recall with a macro every 30 min or so, and buy ingots from all NPCs.
So I think if you do a calculation like that, you need make it without iron, only for colored ingots, and take as a basis dull copper ingots.
Can you post total amount of ingots that you mined in 4 hours using 1 account?
(I value colored ingots 30gp-70gp).
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
navarthelol

Post by navarthelol »

I updated the post Tanya based on life time to date values.

I chose to base it off iron ingot price as there is a concrete supply at 4gp per and so it makes deriving a fair value of the coloured ore simple; multiply quantity by rarity. As the vendors don't stock dull copper then I would have to value my ore based on player vendor prices which in my opinion is not reliable enough. There are obviously additional factors that aren't considered when valuing this way:
* The actual supply/demand for those ore.
* The losses the can happen when smelting mainly valorite but also verite ore.

I believe you are a consistent hammer bod filler so hopefully you can help give a feel for the supply/demand of ingots. When you need coloured ore; are you able to immediately find all the ingots and if so at what price please? If you aren't able to find all the coloured ingots you need easily; then how difficult is it to find those and what prices do you usually go to?

Best regards,
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

I usually can find dull copper for 35gp (sometimes 30 sometimes 40) and valorite for 60gp-70gp
But I am not able to find large amounts of them. Also many people are using mining carts...
Here for example, this vendor sell ingots many months and his prices are accurate I think.
verite.jpg
verite.jpg (159.48 KiB) Viewed 2471 times
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
tichondrius

Post by tichondrius »

Iron Ingots at 7 GP per. That is pretty much a universal standard in UO across all shards, it also fits the reg prices too. I don't know who would sell at 4 gp per because as Tanya pointed out you can buy them at 5 gp a piece from a vendor. Unless you have iron ingots you absolutely hate having around and want to get rid of, 7 gp each is the price.
lys27 likes this.
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

yeap 7gp per plain ingot, they selling well

about mining stats, it depent on script and ping, without lags
i was petty much mining 10-11k per/hour, 10k with elf and 11k with human
aswell diferent with enchance mining with make +1 better ore and without

it dont matter if elf or human for gems, aswell dont matter about fel or tramel gems are fixed with % so more hitting = more gem,

in my opinion colored ingots cost have be all 50, dont matter type, whateven players need mostly dull and shadown ingots for bods, gold ingots for crafting, other type are mostly not used or minimal used because get more RARE bods are harder

in demise we have item called mining CARTS what make 10ingots per day, if player have 1000 of them so they make 10k ingots/day, it mean make 1k+ valorite per day [even, if mining make just 100valorite ingots/24hour mining [irony]], so it really dont matter because this item make more valorite and verite ingots compare miner, miner make 10x more dull and shadowns what need for BODS,
Bama likes this.