Post by Cruzen »

Price check please. :?:

The Silvertiger

Re: Crazy Quarter Staff

Post by The Silvertiger »

Hmm... 5kk maybe...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Les Stroud

Post by Les Stroud »

Nah area and hld defense make it not real useful
The Silvertiger

Les Stroud wrote:Nah area and hld defense make it not real useful
I agree mainly the area...
The hld is ok... nothing wrong with having 70 hld
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Les Stroud

Post by Les Stroud »

I use hld glasses , don’t need no more then 30 if u know how hld works, wasted mod for me
The Silvertiger

Les Stroud wrote:I use hld glasses , don’t need no more then 30 if u know how hld works, wasted mod for me
I know that when the DCI goes back up the quicker it goes back down the happier I am, so I'll take 70 over 30. That's why it's an ok mod not a great mod. If I were buying 100kk staff I would rather have trip leech slayer, SSI, hla, or hit light
Selling List & Vendor

Ajani

Post by Ajani »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Les Stroud wrote:I use hld glasses , don’t need no more then 30 if u know how hld works, wasted mod for me
I know that when the DCI goes back up the quicker it goes back down the happier I am, so I'll take 70 over 30. That's why it's an ok mod not a great mod. If I were buying 100kk staff I would rather have trip leech slayer, SSI, hla, or hit light
It is no that you ahve 70 hld you have 40 and 30 hld, the way hld works is 40 attempts to go off and then the 30 attempts to go off
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
I don’t think it is additive, it’s 2 different instances do it functions more like having 59% hld.

From uoguide:
Statistically, a weapon's HLD effect is not additive with reading glasses' HLD effect. They're multiplicative: there is a check for one item, and if not successful, there is a check for the second item. For example, if the attacker has Prismatic Lenses and a weapon with 50% HLD, there is a 70% probability the Lenses will not cause a HLD effect, and a 50% chance the glasses will not either. Thus the total probability is 35% that neither will hit the target with HLD, and conversely a 65% chance of successfully hitting the target with HLD -- not 80% as some may think:
Percent chance of HLD on a successful hit = 100 - ((100 - first item's HLD %) * (100 - second item's HLD %))/100
http://www.uoguide.com/Hit_Lower_Defense
I think runuo is coded the same way if I remember correctly.
The Silvertiger

Following your formula, I went from 70 to 58% chance to hit... still almost double the glasses alone. Makes it an ok mod as stated before. I'm not sure I like the idea that there are 2 separate rolls.

Knowing RUNUO it's probably not coded this way, but here's to hoping for OSI accuracy in all areas even those idc for specifically the way mana leech works.
Selling List & Vendor

Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:Following your formula, I went from 70 to 58% chance to hit... still almost double the glasses alone. Makes it an ok mod as stated before. I'm not sure I like the idea that there are 2 separate rolls.

Knowing RUNUO it's probably not coded this way, but here's to hoping for OSI accuracy in all areas even those idc for specifically the way mana leech works.
I think it is coded correctly Bc parry and wrestling function the same way and there is no chance that parry + wrestling means you have an 80% chance to dodge shots. This is based on playing a parry mage.

120 parry is like 30 or 35%
120 wrestling is 50% (assuming dci matches hci of opponent)

Also, i never said hld was a useless mod, I just didn’t want people to be think hld worked like you describe Bc I don’t think it does. I think we checked base runuo code and verified it worked multiplicatively and not additively but someone could double check for us.
tank

Post by tank »

so? 30hld on glasses works over 50 hld on weapon? or it doesnt matter?
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

I think people have gotten kind of off topic, Qstaff if a 1v1 wep so the area is pretty useless. the hld allows for you to use totem and swap out jewels with better mods -hci which opens it up a little but since it has area instead of stam leach, it maybe be worth 2-5kk MAYBE
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
Tanya likes this.