Get your goods appraised here!
Damairukode

PC Shield

Post by Damairukode »

Hi, price?

Damairukode

Re: PC Shield

Post by Damairukode »

I am receiving many pms with offers for the shield, but as I say, what is the price? I know that it is very good and more the dye that it takes, but I really don't know the value that it could have.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

at least 150mil

you get a nice idoc?
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Calvin wrote: March 5th, 2020, 11:54 am at least 150mil

you get a nice idoc?
Crackhead's (Doc) swamp castle in 2016.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Will-twins and Calvin like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if you actually do want to sell this, let me know plz
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

YEY, if you plan to sell it, dont forget PM me aswell, too sweet shield
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

tbh it kinda needs deleting cos it's too perfect, probably made by a cheating games master ;P
Will-twins

Post by Will-twins »

It made by golds or agapic hammer when they upgraded hammer ability we had a couple day before they remove hic on shields.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i know but look at it...

dyable.
GM made bonus.
15/15/1.
6 physical resist.
4 fire resist.
4 poison resist.
self repair.
no crafter name.
45 str requirement.

honestly i think this is edited by a gm. it's perfect, ya dont really get perfect things like this.. but doesn't mater, cant be sure so it wont be deleted.

it's the 6 physical, 4 fire, 4 poison. self repair, and no crafter name.... the odds would be astronomical.

like i used to have a 14/14/1, and i swapped it for this:

because of the resists. but these shields are not easy to find, and for one spawned that perfect, you'd expect there to be like 100+ 15/15/1's that dont have self repair and the correct resist. never mind being dyable and no crafter name on top...

it is totally possible that this was made by a player in those few days, with an amazingly lucky craft... but it's unbelievably unlikely. plus you're talking about BURNING gold/agapite hammers for it... these shields were made with copper and bronze hammers, that's why they were spammable, because there's not many mods that could roll on shield, you only needed 3, and even low hammers could now roll 100% intensity; so people burnt 100s of copper and bronze hammers. no-one burnt hundreds of golden/agapite hammers... they were about 10x the price they are now for 1...

i reckon a sneaky gm made himself some stuff, didn't use it in combat because it woulda been noticed, put it in house, got banned, then house decayed.

then along comes an idoc hunter
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Calvin wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 3:26 pm [...]
I belive this player had no ties to X. and they even disliked each other, the guy was connected to Pumpkin brothers, but unlike them i dont think he had any special treatment. I could be wrong here.

Most likely shields came from the time it was possible to craft them, there is a whole bunch of good shields crafted by this player on the server (crafted by Sledge, or no crafters name). He used to sell them away in a vendor 1kk per in North luna, when the house felt down i belive Turks retrived a whole bag of this shields... which later was possibly found by Hz in the Turkish castle on the ice-island (?) (shields owned by Loler, Anthony, Merino and others).

He was one of the few people not connected to Barcode, BAD, RIOT, or Tesla who bought the DS red dye when it was available for purchase 1kk per charge (or 2m per charge); he originally had 50 charges bottle and was selling charges of it away; i bought the remaining charges of this bottle.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i still think it's too good.

it's possible that the crafter name disappears if the account is deleted i suppose?

i know for a fact it changes when you use a name change deed on your crafter. so it must be linked in real time
tho your lord/lady status from when you crafted it stays the same.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

this is literally the best shield that exists on the server, and will ever exist on the server...

see this is my issue, it's literally perfect.

you're telling me someone rolled a perfect item, in 2 weeks?

do you know how many trillions of rolls this game does every year, including loot packs, and doesn't roll a single perfect item...

you are literally talking 1 in billions odds. and they did it in 2 weeks. it's suspicious.

then take into account the cost of the hammers at the time as well.... it's possible, but wow you'd have to be lucky!

would also explain why this was in a chest in a house and not on a character.

plus like, no-one knew they were taking hci off the crafting.. people only burnt to make a new shield for their warrior, they didn't burn with the knowledge it was a 2 week window, so it wasn't spammed as much as people think
jaasso likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote: April 5th, 2020, 6:17 pm plus like, no-one knew they were taking hci off the crafting.. people only burnt to make a new shield for their warrior, they didn't burn with the knowledge it was a 2 week window, so it wasn't spammed as much as people think
Many years ago and obviously before you joined Demise bug reports/fixes were done differently

A player made a report

Other players would search for data or show how it worked

A staff member would decide whether to accept it or not
A player would say hey I’ll code that fix

The new code would be added to the test center

Players would test the code to see if it worked properly

If it was tested and thought to be working correctly it would be added to the server and available to all servers that used the run/uo code on the next restart

That was called transparency

Demise has been around since like 2005
That fix went in around 2009

Players were cranking Out shields for 4 years not 2 weeks
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

none of that is relevant Bama... the 2 weeks is between when they removed the maximum intensity cap from hammers, and when they removed HCI from shields.

i dont even think it was weeks tbh.. it was days. i know, because i made some.
jaasso likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama wrote: April 6th, 2020, 2:08 am and obviously before you joined Demise
when i joined demise it had like 10 players...